How to get ARENA Play and CLASS-Based Play

Anything is possible…
Here is my idea for Halo 5 to get back to the roots and make it enjoyable for Halo Vets (as myself) and casual players.

This idea is similar to that of Halo 3’s Social and Ranked playlist.

Survivalist

• This would be a 1-50 ranking system playlist

-Visible ranks

-3-4 Second Spawn

• NO Loadouts. You spawn with the weapon of what ever game type is voted for. Ex.
    Team BR’s, you spawn with a BR. Team DMR’s, you spawn with a DMR. Team Slayer, you spawn with an Assault Rifle. Team LR’s, you spawn with a Light Rifle. In ‘Team’ playlist the secondary is always a Pistol and you are equipped with x2 Frag grenades.

-Secondary: Pistol.

-NO Ordinance

-NO random weapon drops

-Weapons Placed on maps.

-NO Armor Abilities

• Game types (but not limited to), Slayer, Dominion, Extraction, BTB, CTF, Oddball, King Of The Hill. (please let me know if I missed any)

-Weapon Skins. As you rank up you can choose what skin you want for your weapons. Ex. You hit level 32 you get the DMR forest skin, if the game type Team DMR’s is voted the you spawn with your ‘Forest DMR’. You can change weapon skins by choosing Survivalist and before you choose what game type you can click ‘Start’ and select which skins you want for what gun.

War Games

-Would be a XP based ranking system similar to SR

-Specializations (thought this was great for casuals, my friends loved this as they would have something to do so they wouldn’t get bored.)

-Instant Spawn

-HAS Loadouts(and armor abilities). Its not fair to take away that to the people who love it and play Reach and Halo 4 for it. I like Loadouts its a great idea but imo has no place in the competitive side of Halo. Once the player has chosen War Games before they choose the game type they wish to play they can press ‘Start’ to change there Loadout.
*Loadout Weapon Options:

Primary

Battle Rifle
Carbine
Light Rifle
*DMR would be a RANDOM weapon drop.

Secondary

Assault Rifle
Storm Rifle
Suppressor
Pistol
Boltshot
*Plasma Pistol would be a RANDOM weapon drop.

Grenades

Frag X2
Plasma X1
Pulse X1

-HAS Ordinance

-RANDOM Weapon Drops

-NO weapons placed on maps.

-Game types: Game types (but not limited to), Slayer, Dominion, Extraction, BTB, CTF, Oddball, King Of The Hill, all of Halo 4’s ‘infinity’ game types. (please let me know if I missed any)

Community game types for Survivalist:

Storm BR’s: Starting Weapon, BR: Secondary, Storm Rifle: Grenade type, Regular.

Forerunner Slayer: Starting Weapon, LR: Secondary, Suppressor: Grenade type, Pulse.

Along with SP Ops (hopefully it will be in halo 5 in some way) 343 should have DOUBLE XP weekend to bring back players during SP Ops breaks. Game types would be: Race, Griffball, and VIP.

I would really love to see Invasion back and the Generator game type from Reach’s beta.

Im open to suggestions. I would really like this implemented in Halo 5 I think it could fix a lot with Halo’s competitive side.

Any ways to make this better? thoughts?

You make it sound like casual players didn’t enjoy “old school” Halo. They did. Everyone did. People have started leaving the Halo series because Reach and Halo 4 weren’t up to standard.

Miniman quit your whining.

OT: Yeah this looks like a brilliant idea, two different variants of MM in the next Halo would be brilliant. I’m surprised more people haven’t replied to this!

I not sure about the set-up but yes i agree there’s needs to be a “social” / “ranked” playlists for sure

> You make it sound like casual players didn’t enjoy “old school” Halo. They did. Everyone did. People have started leaving the Halo series because Reach and Halo 4 weren’t up to standard.

But there are people who also like the Halo: Reach and Halo 4 style. I do, as well but imo it has no place for the competitive side of Halo. You cant play competitive 100% all the time, its good to take a break sometimes and just have fun.

I like this idea, but I think there shouldn’t be a “Team DMR’s” option. I would suggest offering “Team BR’s” and “Team LR’s” (with Light Rifle spawns) in addition to the classic AR-spawns gametype.

Also, would this apply to all gametypes? If so, ranked BTB should have players spawn with BR’s (to incentivise trading up to better long-range weapons like the LR and DMR) and Storm Rifles (because it eats through shields to incentivise teamshotting, and the fact that it’s non-hitscan would make CQC play more interesting), with the possibility of everyone spawning with thruster packs (because the ability adds depth to player movement mechanics).

Promethean Zz the only one whining here is you. These forums are for people to voice their compliments and talk about how to improve what we all love. As it is now Halo 4 is lacking in a lot of ways. 343 is showing they do listen to the community(slowly sure) but to tell someone to not talk about the problems with a game makes you seem like a child. Why just last night i was dying at spawn on settler in big team not because of spawn champing but because the spawn was under the map in the water so i died the moment i respawned. For you to say for people to not talk about this and just sweep it under the rug is idiocy at its finest.

> 1I would suggest offering “Team BR’s” and “Team LR’s” (with Light Rifle spawns) in addition to the classic AR-spawns gametype.
>
> 2Also, would this apply to all gametypes? If so, ranked BTB should have players spawn with BR’s (to incentivise trading up to better long-range weapons like the LR and DMR) and Storm Rifles (because it eats through shields to incentivise teamshotting, and the fact that it’s non-hitscan would make CQC play more interesting), with the possibility of everyone spawning with thruster packs (because the ability adds depth to player movement mechanics).

1 Yes, that’s in the Survivalist mode. I forgot to add Team LR’s my bad. That would seem like a good game type actually! To spawn with an AR you would just vote for ‘Team Slayer’.

2 If im understanding what you are saying and are talking about Survivalist, you would just vote for Team BR’s. But you are not limited to a BR the entire game. On the map you could pick up a Storm Rifle, AR, Suppressor, PP, Rockets etc. Whatever is placed on that map. But its NOT random. So where the Rockets will usually spawn you get Rockets not a (for example)boltshot.

> > You make it sound like casual players didn’t enjoy “old school” Halo. They did. Everyone did. People have started leaving the Halo series because Reach and Halo 4 weren’t up to standard.
>
> But there are people who also like the Halo: Reach and Halo 4 style. I do, as well but imo it has no place for the competitive side of Halo. You cant play competitive 100% all the time, its good to take a break sometimes and just have fun.

I am unsure as to what you are trying to say with this post that competitive Halo can’t be fun or that Halo can’t cater to both playstyles, both are unture.

> > 1I would suggest offering “Team BR’s” and “Team LR’s” (with Light Rifle spawns) in addition to the classic AR-spawns gametype.
> >
> > 2Also, would this apply to all gametypes? If so, ranked BTB should have players spawn with BR’s (to incentivise trading up to better long-range weapons like the LR and DMR) and Storm Rifles (because it eats through shields to incentivise teamshotting, and the fact that it’s non-hitscan would make CQC play more interesting), with the possibility of everyone spawning with thruster packs (because the ability adds depth to player movement mechanics).
>
> 1 Yes, that’s in the Survivalist mode. I forgot to add Team LR’s my bad. That would seem like a good game type actually! To spawn with an AR you would just vote for ‘Team Slayer’.
>
> 2 If im understanding what you are saying and are talking about Survivalist, you would just vote for Team BR’s. But you are not limited to a BR the entire game. On the map you could pick up a Storm Rifle, AR, Suppressor, PP, Rockets etc. Whatever is placed on that map. But its NOT random. So where the Rockets will usually spawn you get Rockets not a (for example)boltshot.

No, I was just suggesting a starting weapon setup for a BTB Survivalist gametype.

> > > You make it sound like casual players didn’t enjoy “old school” Halo. They did. Everyone did. People have started leaving the Halo series because Reach and Halo 4 weren’t up to standard.
> >
> > But there are people who also like the Halo: Reach and Halo 4 style. I do, as well but imo it has no place for the competitive side of Halo. You cant play competitive 100% all the time, its good to take a break sometimes and just have fun.
>
> I am unsure as to what you are trying to say with this post that competitive Halo can’t be fun or that Halo can’t cater to both playstyles, both are unture.

Sorry I didn’t say that right. When I play competitively I am having fun but, i don’t also want to play competitively sometimes its just nice to take it slow once in awhile.

With these 2 playlist though imo seems like it would cater to both crowds though.

Both crowds meaning the Competitive/ casual class based crowds and the competitive/ casual arena based crowds.

> Promethean Zz the only one whining here is you. These forums are for people to voice their compliments and talk about how to improve what we all love. As it is now Halo 4 is lacking in a lot of ways. 343 is showing they do listen to the community(slowly sure) but to tell someone to not talk about the problems with a game makes you seem like a child. Why just last night i was dying at spawn on settler in big team not because of spawn champing but because the spawn was under the map in the water so i died the moment i respawned. For you to say for people to not talk about this and just sweep it under the rug is idiocy at its finest.

You completely took that out of context. If you’d take a moment to look at me you’d see I’m an avid supporter of 343 and open chats. What i’m not a fan of is people stating that Halo Reach and 4 are inferior games, normally I’d be fine but isn’t this a thread about possible improvements to a future title?

> > > 1No, I was just suggesting a starting weapon setup for a BTB Survivalist gametype.
> >
> > My bad, is there another way you could explain it?
> >
> > the point of Survivalist is to basically have the old school Halo arena style back… The same orgin. Halo Formula. Which would mean no armor abilities and everyone starts on an even playing field.

> > > > 1No, I was just suggesting a starting weapon setup for a BTB Survivalist gametype.
> > >
> > > My bad, is there another way you could explain it?
> > >
> > > the point of Survivalist is to basically have the old school Halo arena style back… The same orgin. Halo Formula. Which would mean no armor abilities and everyone starts on an even playing field.
> >
> > I was just suggesting a starting weapon setup for BTB. Everyone would have a BR as their primary and a Storm Rifle as their secondary, with frag grenades.
> >
> > The AA isn’t necessary, but I feel like the Thruster Pack would add depth to the game as well as fitting into classic Halo play very well.

> > > > > 1
> > > > > I was just suggesting a starting weapon setup for BTB. Everyone would have a BR as their primary and a Storm Rifle as their secondary, with frag grenades.
> > > > >
> > > > > The AA isn’t necessary, but I feel like the Thruster Pack would add depth to the game as well as fitting into classic Halo play very well.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Here’s what we can do to get this thread rolling, ill add in your guys’s playlist you create for Survivalist. ex.
> > > >
> > > > Storm BR’s: Starting Weapon, BR: Secondary, Storm Rifle: Grenade type, Regular.

thought of another interesting game type…

Forerunner Slayer: Starting Weapon, LR: Secondary, Boltshot: Grenade type, Pulse.

> thought of another interesting game type…
>
> Forerunner Slayer: Starting Weapon, LR: Secondary, Boltshot: Grenade type, Pulse.

That would be fun but how about secondary: Suppressor so we all don’t smash our controllers half way through the game.

> > thought of another interesting game type…
> >
> > Forerunner Slayer: Starting Weapon, LR: Secondary, Boltshot: Grenade type, Pulse.
>
> That would be fun but how about secondary: Suppressor so we all don’t smash our controllers half way through the game.

tru, the Suppressor isn’t a hit scan correct? sorry for the nooby question.

> > > thought of another interesting game type…
> > >
> > > Forerunner Slayer: Starting Weapon, LR: Secondary, Boltshot: Grenade type, Pulse.
> >
> > That would be fun but how about secondary: Suppressor so we all don’t smash our controllers half way through the game.
>
> tru, the Suppressor isn’t a hit scan correct? sorry for the nooby question.

No, it’s not a hit scan.