How to fix Upstream Bandwidth warning?

So for the past week I’ve been suffering from the Upstream Bandwidth warning, and I have no idea how to fix it. Any help?

I’ve been having the same problem, and I too have no idea how to fix it.

Cbf googling it though >_>

> So for the past week I’ve been suffering from the Upstream Bandwidth warning, and I have no idea how to fix it. Any help?

Hi!

I’m not sure how the network-diagnosis-tool is working in Reach (I have a few theories though) but what I can say is that in my experience it’s so so regarding the readings.

I for one have 2 MB:its upstream and I have the warning aswell, I rarely suffer from lag though. And I’m even playing on wireless!

So, let’s get into (hopefully!) helping you resolve this issue!

1. Is your upstream just plain slow? My 2 MB:its is slow, anything under that should be considered very slow.

2. Are you using a router? If you are, make sure to properly portforward xbox live and setup your NAT to be compatible with xbox live.

3. If you are playing by wireless, move your access point to a higher position. Your signal strenght and quality can be affected by many things, microwaves, cellphones and even the weather outside can in some cases render less than reasonable results.

4. If you are using a router, how many computers are there on your home-network? Some routers have a hard time handling even 4 - 5 computers constantly pushing data through it

5. Check your hardware! Damaged cables and ports can heavily affect the quality of your connection.

6. Some sites drain a lot of bandwith, Facebook for one and I strongly recommend you either close that tab or shutdown your webbrowser completely before gaming. The same goes for any p2p-software (filesharing software) as these softwares establishes a lot of open connection to a lot of external sources. This goes even if you are “seeding” in just a few KB, it still puts a strain on your router.

Hope atleast something of all these tips help you out!

Thanks for thatv it really helped me and noww i can connect to my friends now :smiley:

Are you in a college dormitory or using corporate/company internet?

If so, you’ll never be host. Not because of speed, but because of -Yoink!--retentive port forwarding and DHCP.

Sorry, just venting a little.

I have the upstream bandwidth and I don’t know how to fix it sos help

> I have the upstream bandwidth and I don’t know how to fix it sos help

This thread has been dead for over a year and a half, and it is against the forum rules to revive dead posts (specially ones this old). Could a moderator please lock this thread.

No. We won’t lock it. Have a nice day

> > I have the upstream bandwidth and I don’t know how to fix it sos help
>
> This thread has been dead for over a year and a half, and it is against the forum rules to revive dead posts (specially ones this old). Could a moderator please lock this thread.

Detective Phil ferrets out more miscreants! :wink:

> No. We won’t lock it. Have a nice day

When you’re a moderator you can make that decision. Until then, please do not re-revive old posts as its against the forum rules.

• Before this gets locked can anyone explain what is wrong with reviving old threads exactly ?

• What is the exact definition (in days) of a necropost ?

It will not let me play with my friend

> It will not let me play with my friend

Another necro post? Again???

I need help my Thing is not working

Its always been that way as of the last few months. I think 343 have given up looking at it.

> 2535430319445906;14:
> I need help my Thing is not working

Please don’t revive very old posts. If you need further help please make a new topic in the Halo Reach Support forums