How to fix the Halo series

All we have to do to fix the Halo series is just let it die. It peaked out in Halo 2 and has done nothing but disappoint long term and competitive fans with it’s decreasing skill gaps. The only thing that would even remotely fix halo would be if they released Halo2:HD.

i mean a full on port with re-skin. With means no texture holes where grenades could get stuck in walls and a stronger ban hammer to keep the game as clean as possible.

> i mean a full on port with re-skin. With means no texture holes where grenades could get stuck in walls and a stronger ban hammer to keep the game as clean as possible.

I am going to use this tactic in future debates. Use an opening argument, and supplement with an argument that is purely the polar opposite if the initial statement.

Let it die by making Halo 2 Anniversary/(HD?)…?

> > i mean a full on port with re-skin. With means no texture holes where grenades could get stuck in walls and a stronger ban hammer to keep the game as clean as possible.
>
> I am going to use this tactic in future debates. Use an opening argument, and supplement with an argument that is purely the polar opposite if the initial statement.
>
> Let it die by making Halo 2 Anniversary/(HD?)

My apologies for being unclear with what I meant. I was trying to say that the only chance halo has at any real Quality game would be a re-skin. As for continuing with the Halo universe/story it should just stop or keep it in literature. Any new console based halo will need nothing short of a miracle if it hopes to be any “good”.

The hell is wrong with you? I don’t know where to begin.

I, not even going to start dude. We re have the right of our own opinion. But if you have something negative to say, then say it somewhere else. There are people where who actually care about halo and it’s story and think it just got better and will get better. So please…leave :wink:

sales keep doing better each game. Numbers stay around the same… what exactly is ur facts here? Sure i loved halo 2, but halo isn’t going anywhere but forward. Since when is change not accepted… are you wanting halo to be the next Guitar Hero or gasp Call of Duty. Oh wait, Activision doesn’t own halo. Thank god

> All we have to do to fix the Halo series is just let it die.

Letting it die would not fix it, it would make it worse.

> It peaked out in Halo 2 and has done nothing but disappoint long term and competitive fans with it’s decreasing skill gaps.

Actually, Halo 3 beat Halo 2 sales, so it peaked above Halo 2. Also, you do not speak for all the “long term competitive fans” as there is not one single opinion among them.

> The only thing that would even remotely fix halo would be if they released Halo2:HD.

How do you know? Have you tried every other possibility? It is possible for a game to be better than Halo 2. It is not some godly game that cannot be surpassed in any way. And BTW, they did release Halo CEA and look at the sales for that compared to Halo 3, so I think Halo 2:HD wouldn’t fair much better.

> i mean a full on port with re-skin. With means no texture holes where grenades could get stuck in walls and a stronger ban hammer to keep the game as clean as possible.

A full on port (so keep everything the same) with a reskin (so change things). ?
I have trouble understanding your logic. If you want Halo 2: HD with everything “fixed” then inevitably there will be differences in gameplay. You cant change a game and then expect it to be the same thing.

Also, every single Halo game has brought something new to the table. It is that innovation that makes Halo such a successful shooter. It is that innovation that makes each game interesting. It is that innovation that makes the Halo story so great, and what separates Halo from other FPS’s. And what you want to do is kill the innovation that makes Halo great. What you want to do is going to make Halo worse.

> The hell is wrong with you? I don’t know where to begin.

How about the beginning junior.

> I, not even going to start dude. We re have the right of our own opinion. But if you have something negative to say, then say it somewhere else. There are people where who actually care about halo and it’s story and think it just got better and will get better. So please…leave :wink:

I am willing to bet that I have put more time into halo than you. As for your ignorant mind set I offer this. “It takes a real fan to tell an artist his new work is -Yoink- when it is”.

> sales keep doing better each game. Numbers stay around the same… what exactly is ur facts here? Sure i loved halo 2, but halo isn’t going anywhere but forward. Since when is change not accepted… are you wanting halo to be the next Guitar Hero or gasp Call of Duty. Oh wait, Activision doesn’t own halo. Thank god

Its not number of sales is MSR that matters. You know like how it is better have to only 50,000 active Xbox consoles and 40,000 of them play Halo on a weekly basis over 100,000 active Xbox consoles with only 70,000 weekly players.

get out plz, this page is for making halo 4 a better game by providing feedback to 343, you are not doing that

> get out plz, this page is for making halo 4 a better game by providing feedback to 343, you are not doing that

Actually this “page” is for my opinion on what Microsoft and 343 should do with the Halo game series.

Halo 2 was probably the most popular Halo. Yes, it had it’s flaws but I haven’t seen a Halo game that appeals to everybody without even trying to since.

Remaking it however wouldn’t solve a thing. Would I love it to be back online? You betcha. I played it on XBC recently and had more fun playing it than anything new. But a remake wouldn’t go too far other than satisfy us who enjoyed Halo 2.

As for the whole H3/Reach/etc sold more argument. Well, obviously. There are more console owners these days as gaming is quite clearly a mainstream thing now. In 2004, not so much, especially online gaming.

Now, if Halo 4 took elements of what made Halo 2 great, without those few things that made Halo 2 bad we’d be in business. The series needs to step forward when it comes to single player and give us an unique experience for starters, and Halo 2’s MP whilst I personally think it was the best, it wasn’t perfect. I personally think we should take what’s best from every Halo game so far and have that perfected formula in Halo 4.

I hate this “innovation” argument though. Hardly. Reach was basically Halo: CE with a smaller skill gap/Shadowrun. Unique? No and Halo 3 was a less exciting, but more balanced Halo 2 with non-hitscan (not a fan) and (shudder) equipment. The Halo series hasn’t been “innovated”, ie it’s core mechanics haven’t been changed in a positive manner since Halo 2. Which is why you have threads like these.

> > The hell is wrong with you? I don’t know where to begin.
>
> How about the beginning junior.
>
>
>
> > I, not even going to start dude. We re have the right of our own opinion. But if you have something negative to say, then say it somewhere else. There are people where who actually care about halo and it’s story and think it just got better and will get better. So please…leave :wink:
>
> I am willing to bet that I have put more time into halo than you. As for your ignorant mind set I offer this. “It takes a real fan to tell an artist his new work is Yoink! when it is”.

It also takes a real fan to suggest better ideas, instead of telling them to change a few things and resell their previous art. And time is relatively unimportant in how good of a fan you are. The best kind of fan enjoys all parts of Halo and values them all, and to not care about the story, one of the most fundamental parts of the Halo series and what sets it apart, it not being “a true fan.”

> > sales keep doing better each game. Numbers stay around the same… what exactly is ur facts here? Sure i loved halo 2, but halo isn’t going anywhere but forward. Since when is change not accepted… are you wanting halo to be the next Guitar Hero or gasp Call of Duty. Oh wait, Activision doesn’t own halo. Thank god
>
> Its not number of sales is MSR that matters. You know like how it is better have to only 50,000 active Xbox consoles and 40,000 of them play Halo on a weekly basis over 100,000 active Xbox consoles with only 70,000 weekly players.

Halo 2 also had waaaaaayyyy less competition out there. It was one of the first games to offer multiplayer over xbox live, so of course a large amount of people would be playing one of the few games available.

If you want halo to die, then damn, you honestly shouldn’t be here. Your logic about fixing the halo series is just so terrible. Also it’s not in dire need of “fixing.” It’s just being revamped, you say fixing as if something terrible went wrong. Oh and Reach is not that bad. It died out simply because they at first ended the series. And it never needed fixing then.

Oh yeah, did I mention that letting halo is totally contradicting the purpose of this new trilogy. Your just not helping at all with what your saying.

Well my friend, that’s simply not going to happen. :slight_smile:

> Well my friend, that not going to happen. :slight_smile:

Fix’d :slight_smile:

> It also takes a real fan to suggest better ideas, instead of telling them to change a few things and resell their previous art. And time is relatively unimportant in how good of a fan you are. The best kind of fan enjoys all parts of Halo and values them all, and to not care about the story, one of the most fundamental parts of the Halo series and what sets it apart, it not being “a true fan.”

Being a mindless consumer is not the same thing as being a fan.

> Halo 2 also had waaaaaayyyy less competition out there.

If you actually had been gaming back in the early 2000s you would understand how wrong you really are.

> > It also takes a real fan to suggest better ideas, instead of telling them to change a few things and resell their previous art. And time is relatively unimportant in how good of a fan you are. The best kind of fan enjoys all parts of Halo and values them all, and to not care about the story, one of the most fundamental parts of the Halo series and what sets it apart, it not being “a true fan.”
>
> Being a mindless consumer is not the same thing as being a fan.

I think inventing new ideas and suggesting those ideas requires more brainpower and thought than simply suggesting a remake of a past game, and can barely be classified as mindless. Also, I mentioned nothing about buying the games I merely said that a fan cares about the game. Story is a very important aspect for a lot of people and abandoning it in games will not save Halo.

> Halo 2 also had waaaaaayyyy less competition out there.

If you actually had been gaming back in the early 2000s you would understand how wrong you really are.
[/quote]
Sigh, I dont want to get into this debate again. More titles = more competition. Period.

> > Halo 2 also had waaaaaayyyy less competition out there.
>
> If you actually had been gaming back in the early 2000s you would understand how wrong you really are.

Sigh, I dont want to get into this debate again. More titles = more competition. Period.

[/quote]
If only you actually understood BBcodes.

Here look at these. I’m sure you won’t but if you actually remove all tba and cancelled games in both lists it looks like Xbox actually had more fps.

http://games.teamxbox.com/index/xbox/by-genre/9/
http://games.teamxbox.com/index/xbox-360/by-genre/9/

How does one fix something that is not broken…?

> How does one fix something that is not broken…?

How do you explain the third dimension to something from the second dimension?