How to fix sprint for Halo 5

I got this from Recedinghairlineman’s YouTube channel. Sprint should stay but getting sot while sprinting should take you out of sprint. Just like how getting shot while aiming SHOULD descope you. This way it speeds up gameplay since people can’t be cowards and run.

> I got this from Recedinghairlineman’s YouTube channel. <mark>Sprint should stay but getting sot while sprinting should take you out of sprint.</mark> Just like how getting shot while aiming SHOULD descope you. This way it speeds up gameplay since people can’t be cowards and run.

In Halo 4 they has something similar to that already called stopping power.

The only way to go about the game breaking element sprint is to remove it, which is something 343 is never going to do.

How to fix Sprint in Halo 5: Make it a bloody custom game option like it should have been in Halo 4. Problem solved.

> I got this from Recedinghairlineman’s YouTube channel. Sprint should stay but getting sot while sprinting should take you out of sprint. Just like how getting shot while aiming SHOULD descope you. This way it speeds up gameplay since people can’t be cowards and run.

This doesn’t “fix” sprint.

Assume sprint can’t be used to run away. It still serves no purpose. It allows you to move temporarily faster, which is unneeded on maps that are properly sized.

remove it. Problem solved. Halo was amazing without it.

> > I got this from Recedinghairlineman’s YouTube channel. Sprint should stay but getting sot while sprinting should take you out of sprint. Just like how getting shot while aiming SHOULD descope you. This way it speeds up gameplay since people can’t be cowards and run.
>
> This doesn’t “fix” sprint.
>
> Assume sprint can’t be used to run away. <mark>It still serves no purpose. It allows you to move temporarily faster, which is unneeded on maps that are properly sized</mark>.

In that case they would have to add unlimited sprint. Why because if they want the maps focused on arena style gameplay they need to make sprint a more long term faster way to travel, but with unlimited sprint they would need to add a feature that would prohibit players from sprinting which could be

-<mark>Disallowing the sprint function when players are damaged or there shields are recharging</mark>.

Prevents players from sprinting from a fight and makes sprint a faster way of traveling when not in combat unless an opposing player can not manage to damage a player at all.

What if sprint had a charge up time?

During the charge up time (say 3 seconds) you walk at your normal speed, you lower your weapon and can only face straight and turn slightly.

Then once the charge is full your screen focuses, you start panting and you charge forward as you do now.

If crouched you’ll stay crouched with the lowered gun and you can’t turn at all until the charge is full then you’ll automatically stand up and sprint.

In fact you can’t turn at all unless you veer left or right while jogging. So don’t start trying to sprint unless the area is clear or if you want to test your luck.

This with the possible removal of instant re spawn will fix the problem with an opponent going straight after you again after they re spawn giving you time to move on.

It’ll be useless when trying to run away.

With having to aim it will pretty much only be useful for sprinting towards an objective like cover or a weapon. Which is what sprint should be used for IMO.

Personally I have no problems with sprint the way it is now but I hope we can find a middle ground so everyone can be happy.

And of course the base player speed raised to the way it was pre sprint.

I gave it some thought about sprint. Sprint should stay but keep the base movement at 110% and when you sprint it only increase your movement to 120% or 125% so it’s not very dramatic of a change of speed but you are getting to one location to another a little faster.

The thing is halo 4 sprint speed is really fast that you can escape if you drop into a bad decision and still live.

They should keep stopping power but when you get shot at your speed drops to 110% which is the regular speed movement.

I love sprint!

Maybe they could make it slower but dnt remove it…

What if Sprint was replaced with a Side step, barrel role or maybe a thruster pack?

> In that case they would have to add unlimited sprint. Why because if they want the maps focused on arena style gameplay they need to make sprint a more long term faster way to travel, but with unlimited sprint they would need to add a feature that would prohibit players from sprinting which could be

If they want maps focused on arena style gameplay they simply need to scale down the maps or scale up base speed.

They don’t need to add a movement gimmick that adds nothing beneficial to play and that breaks the flow of the arena.

> I gave it some thought about sprint. Sprint should stay but keep the base movement at 110% and when you sprint it only increase your movement to 120% or 125% so it’s not very dramatic of a change of speed but you are getting to one location to another a little faster.

Closing the gap between movement speed and sprint speed is a good idea but not as beneficial as just removing sprint altogether.

If a future game is to include sprint, there should only be a 10% difference.