How to fix Reach without leaving the voting lobby

Despite all the posts you see, a LOT of people want to play classic, skilled halo, and a LOT more people love the wild-craziness that is Reach with AAs. We need to allow both to be readily available, so you can jump into a playlist and no matter what camp you are in know that you will have a chance at your game of choice. Because in the end, it doesn’t matter if 99.99999999% of people like AAs, what matters is what the 8 people in the lobby want.

The proposal: beta-esque voting lobbies.

Slot 1: Default_______
Slot 2: Classic_______
Slot 3: random/other
Slot 4: None of the above

Slots one and two would have the exact same games. Slot 3 would have the more wild games and also the stuff from slots 1 and 2.
In a slayer playlist you might see…

1: Slayer
2: Classic DMRs
3: Elite slayer

In team objective you might see…

1: Headhunter DMRs
2: Classic flag
3: Race

And remember, the best part of this idea is that the TU will give us a TRULY classic experience in these games!

The occasional game of AAs is still fun to my MLG friends, The occasional game of slayer pro is fun to my casual friends. The reason people are disappointed with Reach is that there really is no place for the competitive crowd to congregate. We can’t just ignore the main playlists and strain the population with new ones.

You said it, there is no place for the competitive and that is why I frequently find myself playing Halo 3 more than Reach. Even though there are only 30,000 people on there, it is better than every playlist filled with AR’s and armor lock, not to mention bloom…

I would like to know who those a lot more people are.

> You said it, there is no place for the competitive and that is why I frequently find myself playing Halo 3 more than Reach. Even though there are only 30,000 people on there, it is better than every playlist filled with AR’s and armor lock, not to mention bloom…

Do you think you would come back if you were guaranteed a bloom, AA free game in every voting lobby?

> I would like to know who those a lot more people are.

The millions of casuals that log in every week and don’t complain online. CoD’s popularity is proof that the majority of gamers are casuals.

> > You said it, there is no place for the competitive and that is why I frequently find myself playing Halo 3 more than Reach. Even though there are only 30,000 people on there, it is better than every playlist filled with AR’s and armor lock, not to mention bloom…
>
> Do you think you would come back if you were guaranteed a bloom, AA free game in every voting lobby?

I would.

> > I would like to know who those a lot more people are.
>
> The millions of casuals that log in every week and don’t complain online. CoD’s popularity is proof that the majority of gamers are casuals.

The majority at one time (2009 and before) were hardcore. Sadly ever since MW2 was released in late 2009, it became a casual takeover.

> > > I would like to know who those a lot more people are.
> >
> > The millions of casuals that log in every week and don’t complain online. CoD’s popularity is proof that the majority of gamers are casuals.
>
> The majority at one time (2009 and before) were hardcore. Sadly ever since MW2 was released in late 2009, it became a casual takeover.

I have to agree that gaming has changed for the worse. The best way to fight this change is to create an environment where casual and competitive meet, so that some may leave one sphere and enter the other.

More people will move to the competitive sphere than vice-versa, because it is human nature to want to win and better one self.

> > I would like to know who those a lot more people are.
>
> The millions of casuals that log in every week and don’t complain online. CoD’s popularity is proof that the majority of gamers are casuals.

I would like to know how many people don’t play anymore because of AA’s.

probably the 200000+ that play halo 3.