How to fix ordnance in Halo 5

Instead of making the weapons random make them off of style and kill.

For example make it so that a player gets 10 kills with normal starting weapons they would get saw or needler like weapons (low power) in a drop.

If they got 15 headshots they would get a sniper weapon.

If they got 15 explosive kills they would get a explosive weapon.

If they got 5 melee kills they would get a close range weapon.

If they got 3 assassinations they would get a sword or speedboost.

If they destroyed or hijacked 3 vehicles they would get plasma grenades or plasma pistol.

The list goes on.

And no removing ordinance fromallgame types is not an option.

This list would change with the addition of new weapons in Halo 5
What do you think?

“HOW TO FIX ORDNANCE IN HALO 5”

Remove it. /Thread

> “HOW TO FIX ORDNANCE IN HALO 5”
>
>
> Remove it. /Thread

The above is the only correct answer.

I do not like kill streaks…

> > “HOW TO FIX ORDNANCE IN HALO 5”
> >
> >
> > Remove it. /Thread
>
> The above is the only correct answer.

I am inclined to agree and disagree.

Remove it from the core matchmaking, if it fits then let it sits. But we should never remove content. A halo game should ship with all previous game types, mechanisms and stuff.

I think that is what would make Halo very successive and progressive.

Better to have it and not use it than not have it and want it.

Ordnances don’t need fixed. They are fine just the way they are.

> > “HOW TO FIX ORDNANCE IN HALO 5”
> >
> >
> > Remove it. /Thread
>
> The above is the only correct answer.

I hope you never break a limb, because if that happens, I really hope the doctor has the same mindset as you. “It’s broken, remove it”

But lets carry on with that “It’s broke, lets remove it” thing, the BR, it was OP, and over all a broken weapon in Halo 2-3, lets just simply remove it. The 1-50, a very broken ranking system, didn’t display true skill, level 50 accounts was being sold, so lets remove it. MP, ah the game mode that everyone these days says is so broken. Lets remove it.

If all you can think is “It’s broken, lets remove it”, then don’t comment on threads like this.

OT: OP, I think your idea is grand, having ordnance based off of what medals are earned.

I’m inclined to agree with the OP, to an extent.
I like the idea of awarding players based around their playstyle. Not only does that mean they won’t end up with a useless weapon, but it also means that the opposing team, having noticed said player getting headshots and the like, should be prepared for that player’s ordinance drop.

I am not one to support the complete removal of features from Halo simply because people don’t like them in their current state. I’d much rather see each Halo incorporate them and iron out the problems…not drop them completely.
Could you imagine what we’d have if features like dual wielding, firefight, and equipment were fixed up and retooled rather than dropped without much thought?

> Ordnances don’t need fixed. They are fine just the way they are.

I disagree. While Ordnance is a good idea in theory, it’s far too random to really be fun, and the fact that it gives you power weapons like the Incineration Cannon or Sniper Rifle rather than have you go around and having to find them on the map really ruins a big portion of what made Halo games so great.

Ordnance would be fine if the weapons you could receive from them weren’t the very powerful ones, but more like just the Needler, Sticky Detonator and Concussion Rifle. You know, the less powerful ones that aren’t quite Power Weapons, yet not starter weapons. Furthermore, keeping the powerups in them is nice too, as long as they’re not too common.

That way, we’d still have weapons scattered across the map to help map flow, and we’d still have some innovation and differences from past Halo games.

I would prefer it if they were removed. The not a fan of the whole “reward the good player more for playing well” like with CoD. I’m even less of a fan of it in Halo 4 because it is more “reward a player for playing” type of gimmick, with as much of a chance to call a instant kill power weapon the first time as it is the 10th time.

I can see where some are talking about having it being only mid-tier weapons that you can call in instead of power weapons, and that would probably be more beneficial to be used in Halo, but as it is now it should be cut.

I think if it was in tiers it would be better. I really get annoyed when My Team get sticky dets and the other team gets Binary rifles and Incen cannons.

> I would prefer it if they were removed. The not a fan of the whole “reward the good player more for playing well” like with CoD. I’m even less of a fan of it in Halo 4 because it is more “reward a player for playing” type of gimmick, with as much of a chance to call a instant kill power weapon the first time as it is the 10th time.

I much rather there being a reward for playing the game than just skilled players, which is how Ordnance has been set up, COD rewards players for killing, and being good at killing and not dying. The concept behind Ordnance, it’s not a kill streak as most people see it, you can still get ordinances for not killing and/or just getting assists.

> Ordnances don’t need fixed. They are fine just the way they are.

Sorry but you missed April fools by a couple of days. Anyway remove power weapons from it all together and just make it normal weapons like needler and Br, grenades, and power ups. There soooooo much more balanced and it still has a purpose.

No Ordinance in the next game.

Please use this thread to discuss Halo 5. Thanks.