How to fix lag?

As a game Halo 5 is superior to Halo 4 in every way, but there’s one thing Halo 4 did MUCH better. Connection. Right now, Halo 5 is unplayable until 343 fix there servers. Dying instantly and shots are not registering. I can’t even kill people with a Ghost Ultra because it takes about 10 seconds of direct fire (including leading my shots in the direction they are moving before anyone thinks I don’t know how to play the game). I shoot a beam rifle with patience and get one kill after an entire clip despite the fact that on my screen at least 7 of those 10 shots should have hit no questions asked. I casually walk around the map and see people teleporting on my screen. I have overshield and try to kill a guy…I get first two shots and then he teleports…then i lose frames…and he wins the gunfight. Is there any way to maybe ruin my internet so I can get the lag compensation that everyone is getting against me? I have under 20 ms in Titanfall no lag, 5 k/d…honestly I feel like I should easily have a 4 k/d in this game (warzone only), but can’t even do anything because of all the lag issues.

What I am saying is that I have good connection in other games, but with Halo 5 all players are moving late on my screen. I have had melee hits lunge into air when a player was right there…and a guy is like 5 feet away…without any thrust animation being displayed or speed boost or anything. He just teleports into a different spot. I start shooting a guy and then all of the sudden he shoots faster than me with hits coming in faster than the guns rate of fire or I lose frames and die instantly.

The last few days I’ve been having some issues with similar problems too. Up till now it’s not been an issue at all though.

> 2533274943747719;1:
> As a game Halo 5 is superior to Halo 4 in every way, but there’s one thing Halo 4 did MUCH better. Connection. Right now, Halo 5 is unplayable until 343 fix there servers. Dying instantly and shots are not registering. I can’t even kill people with a Ghost Ultra because it takes about 10 seconds of direct fire (including leading my shots in the direction they are moving before anyone thinks I don’t know how to play the game). I shoot a beam rifle with patience and get one kill after an entire clip despite the fact that on my screen at least 7 of those 10 shots should have hit no questions asked. I casually walk around the map and see people teleporting on my screen. I have overshield and try to kill a guy…I get first two shots and then he teleports…then i lose frames…and he wins the gunfight. Is there any way to maybe ruin my internet so I can get the lag compensation that everyone is getting against me? I have under 20 ms in Titanfall no lag, 5 k/d…honestly I feel like I should easily have a 4 k/d in this game (warzone only), but can’t even do anything because of all the lag issues.
>
> What I am saying is that I have good connection in other games, but with Halo 5 all players are moving late on my screen. I have had melee hits lunge into air when a player was right there…and a guy is like 5 feet away…without any thrust animation being displayed or speed boost or anything. He just teleports into a different spot. I start shooting a guy and then all of the sudden he shoots faster than me with hits coming in faster than the guns rate of fire or I lose frames and die instantly.

This is interesting, do any of your other games have the 60 FPS that Halo runs at. I am not an expert on bandwidth, but I have the feeling the 60 fps requires a better connection than past games as the lag, disconnect thing is a very common complaint… I have a wired connection, and don’t usually experience lag, but I have experienced it. This was a miss by 343.

I feel your pain brother.

I lag only on my main account. Anytime i play on a new account or alternate account the lag is literally gone. Shots register, movement isn’t heavy aiming isn’t heavy. I get back on my main and the slow turn and heavy input lag greets me with open arms. I que up balanced majority of the time and tested it on several accounts. I think my account is bugged in some way, or is this a common theme for other people who play on alternate accounts when they aren’t on their main account . I do it very rarely but every single time I do it’s night and day and it feels like i’m playing an entirely different game because of how responsive it is when i’m not on my main account .

Lastly when I reinstalled halo around a week ago it fixed the issue for my main account but only temporarily. The issue returned shortly the next day. I’m running out of ideas but I feel like I narrowed it down that it definitely has something to do with older accounts. I cleaned all my req items, I uninstalled saved data but to no change. Final comment, all of this has been tested on a 1 month old xbox one s. My connection is very good for my area and I am wired.

> 2533274830962945;5:
> I lag only on my main account. Anytime i play on a new account or alternate account the lag is literally gone. Shots register, movement isn’t heavy aiming isn’t heavy. I

Maybe you have more confidence in your shots on a smurf and choke on your main.

It makes me want to quit games where my reticle feels like my pistol has an anchor on the tip of the gun. Its not like it happens every game but it happens often to where it is frustrating. Sometimes some shots register when they are absolute.

don’t ask me, I’m from Europe…

It’s been this way for a while for me, atleast a month now. This game has had problems since release day. I wondered if it is only on older accounts so i grabbed a new account and tested it. I still had all the same problems, heavy aiming and movement, lag dancing, rubberbanding, teleporting, hits not registering being instant killed with a couple of shots. Being shot from thin air, through walls.

thsnks

> 2533274875982754;3:
> > 2533274943747719;1:
> > As a game Halo 5 is superior to Halo 4 in every way, but there’s one thing Halo 4 did MUCH better. Connection. Right now, Halo 5 is unplayable until 343 fix there servers. Dying instantly and shots are not registering. I can’t even kill people with a Ghost Ultra because it takes about 10 seconds of direct fire (including leading my shots in the direction they are moving before anyone thinks I don’t know how to play the game). I shoot a beam rifle with patience and get one kill after an entire clip despite the fact that on my screen at least 7 of those 10 shots should have hit no questions asked. I casually walk around the map and see people teleporting on my screen. I have overshield and try to kill a guy…I get first two shots and then he teleports…then i lose frames…and he wins the gunfight. Is there any way to maybe ruin my internet so I can get the lag compensation that everyone is getting against me? I have under 20 ms in Titanfall no lag, 5 k/d…honestly I feel like I should easily have a 4 k/d in this game (warzone only), but can’t even do anything because of all the lag issues.
> >
> > What I am saying is that I have good connection in other games, but with Halo 5 all players are moving late on my screen. I have had melee hits lunge into air when a player was right there…and a guy is like 5 feet away…without any thrust animation being displayed or speed boost or anything. He just teleports into a different spot. I start shooting a guy and then all of the sudden he shoots faster than me with hits coming in faster than the guns rate of fire or I lose frames and die instantly.
>
> This is interesting, do any of your other games have the 60 FPS that Halo runs at. I am not an expert on bandwidth, but I have the feeling the 60 fps requires a better connection than past games as the lag, disconnect thing is a very common complaint… I have a wired connection, and don’t usually experience lag, but I have experienced it. This was a miss by 343.

Frames per second (FPS) is determined entirely on the systems rendering capabilites. Which does not affect network latency or other issues.

Ive been monitoring my network and my xbox seems to be spiking 2MB/s upload for about a second and then diconnecting from the game. All ports are forwarded for xbox live as well as halo 5. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great, im out of ideas.

I’ve been having problems again for the last week or so. Delayed grenade throws, enemies refuse to die even though I’m blasting them close range with an AR, always lose the melee contests, etc. It got bad around the HW2 beta, then better, now it’s bad again. Like I go 4-12 bad, then the next game I am an HCS pro and can’t die. Halo is now like gambling. You have to win the connection lottery and the matchmaking opponent skill lottery. Win both and you go 17-1, lose both and you go 2-10. It’s an adventure.

> 2533274814659042;11:
> > 2533274875982754;3:
> > > 2533274943747719;1:
> > > As a game Halo 5 is superior to Halo 4 in every way, but there’s one thing Halo 4 did MUCH better. Connection. Right now, Halo 5 is unplayable until 343 fix there servers. Dying instantly and shots are not registering. I can’t even kill people with a Ghost Ultra because it takes about 10 seconds of direct fire (including leading my shots in the direction they are moving before anyone thinks I don’t know how to play the game). I shoot a beam rifle with patience and get one kill after an entire clip despite the fact that on my screen at least 7 of those 10 shots should have hit no questions asked. I casually walk around the map and see people teleporting on my screen. I have overshield and try to kill a guy…I get first two shots and then he teleports…then i lose frames…and he wins the gunfight. Is there any way to maybe ruin my internet so I can get the lag compensation that everyone is getting against me? I have under 20 ms in Titanfall no lag, 5 k/d…honestly I feel like I should easily have a 4 k/d in this game (warzone only), but can’t even do anything because of all the lag issues.
> > >
> > > What I am saying is that I have good connection in other games, but with Halo 5 all players are moving late on my screen. I have had melee hits lunge into air when a player was right there…and a guy is like 5 feet away…without any thrust animation being displayed or speed boost or anything. He just teleports into a different spot. I start shooting a guy and then all of the sudden he shoots faster than me with hits coming in faster than the guns rate of fire or I lose frames and die instantly.
> >
> > This is interesting, do any of your other games have the 60 FPS that Halo runs at. I am not an expert on bandwidth, but I have the feeling the 60 fps requires a better connection than past games as the lag, disconnect thing is a very common complaint… I have a wired connection, and don’t usually experience lag, but I have experienced it. This was a miss by 343.
>
> Frames per second (FPS) is determined entirely on the systems rendering capabilites. Which does not affect network latency or other issues.
>
> Ive been monitoring my network and my xbox seems to be spiking 2MB/s upload for about a second and then diconnecting from the game. All ports are forwarded for xbox live as well as halo 5. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great, im out of ideas.

You do have a strange issue. It almost sounds like you have a bad modem. If you have a modem for either dsl or cable just log into your modem and see if your getting any error logs.It will log in all disconnects.
Zippy.

I’ve been playing breakout and let me tell you shot gun vs shot gun is heavily affected by lag.

nothing more annoying than people who are one shot and wont die.

^ this!!

> 2533274795501334;13:
> > 2533274814659042;11:
> > > 2533274875982754;3:
> > > > 2533274943747719;1:
> > > > As a game Halo 5 is superior to Halo 4 in every way, but there’s one thing Halo 4 did MUCH better. Connection. Right now, Halo 5 is unplayable until 343 fix there servers. Dying instantly and shots are not registering. I can’t even kill people with a Ghost Ultra because it takes about 10 seconds of direct fire (including leading my shots in the direction they are moving before anyone thinks I don’t know how to play the game). I shoot a beam rifle with patience and get one kill after an entire clip despite the fact that on my screen at least 7 of those 10 shots should have hit no questions asked. I casually walk around the map and see people teleporting on my screen. I have overshield and try to kill a guy…I get first two shots and then he teleports…then i lose frames…and he wins the gunfight. Is there any way to maybe ruin my internet so I can get the lag compensation that everyone is getting against me? I have under 20 ms in Titanfall no lag, 5 k/d…honestly I feel like I should easily have a 4 k/d in this game (warzone only), but can’t even do anything because of all the lag issues.
> > > >
> > > > What I am saying is that I have good connection in other games, but with Halo 5 all players are moving late on my screen. I have had melee hits lunge into air when a player was right there…and a guy is like 5 feet away…without any thrust animation being displayed or speed boost or anything. He just teleports into a different spot. I start shooting a guy and then all of the sudden he shoots faster than me with hits coming in faster than the guns rate of fire or I lose frames and die instantly.
> > >
> > > This is interesting, do any of your other games have the 60 FPS that Halo runs at. I am not an expert on bandwidth, but I have the feeling the 60 fps requires a better connection than past games as the lag, disconnect thing is a very common complaint… I have a wired connection, and don’t usually experience lag, but I have experienced it. This was a miss by 343.
> >
> > Frames per second (FPS) is determined entirely on the systems rendering capabilites. Which does not affect network latency or other issues.
> >
> > Ive been monitoring my network and my xbox seems to be spiking 2MB/s upload for about a second and then diconnecting from the game. All ports are forwarded for xbox live as well as halo 5. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great, im out of ideas.
>
> You do have a strange issue. It almost sounds like you have a bad modem. If you have a modem for either dsl or cable just log into your modem and see if your getting any error logs.It will log in all disconnects.
> Zippy.

There is no errors on the modem yesterday. Even after DC’ing 5 games out of 5 while testing different network settings. The router logs are also clear and im not seeing any major network traffic from 4/9 devices on the network. Im trying to find a way to just see whats causing the upload spike.

> 2533274814659042;17:
>
>
>
> > 2533274795501334;13:
> > > 2533274814659042;11:
> > > > 2533274875982754;3:
> > > > > 2533274943747719;1:
> > > > > As a game Halo 5 is superior to Halo 4 in every way, but there’s one thing Halo 4 did MUCH better. Connection. Right now, Halo 5 is unplayable until 343 fix there servers. Dying instantly and shots are not registering. I can’t even kill people with a Ghost Ultra because it takes about 10 seconds of direct fire (including leading my shots in the direction they are moving before anyone thinks I don’t know how to play the game). I shoot a beam rifle with patience and get one kill after an entire clip despite the fact that on my screen at least 7 of those 10 shots should have hit no questions asked. I casually walk around the map and see people teleporting on my screen. I have overshield and try to kill a guy…I get first two shots and then he teleports…then i lose frames…and he wins the gunfight. Is there any way to maybe ruin my internet so I can get the lag compensation that everyone is getting against me? I have under 20 ms in Titanfall no lag, 5 k/d…honestly I feel like I should easily have a 4 k/d in this game (warzone only), but can’t even do anything because of all the lag issues.
> > > > >
> > > > > What I am saying is that I have good connection in other games, but with Halo 5 all players are moving late on my screen. I have had melee hits lunge into air when a player was right there…and a guy is like 5 feet away…without any thrust animation being displayed or speed boost or anything. He just teleports into a different spot. I start shooting a guy and then all of the sudden he shoots faster than me with hits coming in faster than the guns rate of fire or I lose frames and die instantly.
> > > >
> > > > This is interesting, do any of your other games have the 60 FPS that Halo runs at. I am not an expert on bandwidth, but I have the feeling the 60 fps requires a better connection than past games as the lag, disconnect thing is a very common complaint… I have a wired connection, and don’t usually experience lag, but I have experienced it. This was a miss by 343.
> > >
> > > Frames per second (FPS) is determined entirely on the systems rendering capabilites. Which does not affect network latency or other issues.
> > >
> > > Ive been monitoring my network and my xbox seems to be spiking 2MB/s upload for about a second and then diconnecting from the game. All ports are forwarded for xbox live as well as halo 5. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great, im out of ideas.
> >
> > You do have a strange issue. It almost sounds like you have a bad modem. If you have a modem for either dsl or cable just log into your modem and see if your getting any error logs.It will log in all disconnects.
> > Zippy.
>
>
>

>
> There is no errors on the modem yesterday. Even after DC’ing 5 games out of 5 while testing different network settings. The router logs are also clear and im not seeing any major network traffic from 4/9 devices on the network. Im trying to find a way to just see whats causing the upload spike.

Have you tried to put your xbox in the DMZ mode in your router to see if that made a difference? If you have done the common things already like Open Nat and being hard wired doing a hard reset to your xbox power cycling your modem and router all those goodies… I would test and see what happens when you put your xbox in the DMZ mode. I should also add that its not uncommon to see spikes like what you are describing. When I disconnect from the server I never receive a DNF. It shows as the game never existed. When you dial into your modem an error will log in as a T1 T2 T3 T4. and these will not be considered an error. These would be just logged in as logs. Not knowing what type of ISP you have there isn’t much more I can tell yah. Good luck!

Zippy.

Try connecting your console directly to your router / modem with a physical Ethernet cable. The improvements are practically instant; lag is almost non-existent, and I heard that the quality of your mic sounds much better.

Be warned though, even hard-wired connections are still prone to problems like WI-FI, but the frequency is significantly lessened.

> 2533274943747719;1:
> As a game Halo 5 is superior to Halo 4 in every way, but there’s one thing Halo 4 did MUCH better. Connection. Right now, Halo 5 is unplayable until 343 fix there servers. Dying instantly and shots are not registering. I can’t even kill people with a Ghost Ultra because it takes about 10 seconds of direct fire (including leading my shots in the direction they are moving before anyone thinks I don’t know how to play the game). I shoot a beam rifle with patience and get one kill after an entire clip despite the fact that on my screen at least 7 of those 10 shots should have hit no questions asked. I casually walk around the map and see people teleporting on my screen. I have overshield and try to kill a guy…I get first two shots and then he teleports…then i lose frames…and he wins the gunfight. Is there any way to maybe ruin my internet so I can get the lag compensation that everyone is getting against me? I have under 20 ms in Titanfall no lag, 5 k/d…honestly I feel like I should easily have a 4 k/d in this game (warzone only), but can’t even do anything because of all the lag issues.
>
> What I am saying is that I have good connection in other games, but with Halo 5 all players are moving late on my screen. I have had melee hits lunge into air when a player was right there…and a guy is like 5 feet away…without any thrust animation being displayed or speed boost or anything. He just teleports into a different spot. I start shooting a guy and then all of the sudden he shoots faster than me with hits coming in faster than the guns rate of fire or I lose frames and die instantly.

I feel your pain man. if your bullets aren’t registering or they are delayed then I’m sorry to say but its your connection that is bad (and others in the game possibly). You wouldn’t want to make it slower otherwise your issues will just get worse. The person lagging always has the disadvantage.