How to fix Infinity Slayer

-5 Second Respawn (No Instant Respawn)
-Fewer (or no) Random Ordnances. Either make the ordnances ressuply in the same spots, or have fewer random points around the map.
-Map ordnance should be strong power weapons (Snipers, Rockets, Railguns, Swords, etc)
-Personal Ordnances should be WEAKER and BALANCED (Not Random.) Someone shouldnt get Pulse Nades and a Needler and another person gets a Shotgun or SAW.

Here’s the fix:

Left: Sticky Det or Speed Boost
Middle: OS or Concussion Rifle
Right: Needler or Damage Boost

All weighted at 1
150 Points, 0% Increase

Maps in the playlist (with new ordnance fixes): Solace, Haven, Complex, Abandon, Adrift, Monolith, Harvest, Skyline, Landfall, Scythe, Simplex, and Shutout.

BOOM. You have a great gametype and playlist.

I HAVE play tested these settings with my own custom maps (edited versions of the default maps) and they play excellently for FFA or 4v4’s.

343 and Community, please consider these changes.

I’m happy to complete a whole game win or lose instead of it timing out or pausing… It’s probably happening 40% of the time…

*remove infinity from matchmaking

Fixed

> *remove infinity from matchmaking
>
> Fixed

Balance is Good
Randomness is Bad

^^^^^ 343 take this and put it in H4

K
Thx

what has been done can not be undone

> what has been done can not be undone

Completely untrue.

I would suggest fixing Throwdown first as it has an embarrassingly low population for a gametype designed by pros and just released recently.

Perhaps your gametype is better the what is currently in Throwdown.

> I would suggest fixing Throwdown first as it has an embarrassingly low population for a gametype designed by pros and just released recently.
>
> Perhaps your gametype is better the what is currently in Throwdown.

Now ask yourself this… Designed by pros with the purpose of _____________

A) including as much Halo 4 features as possible in a competitive like playlist

Or

B) just making a a competitive playlist.

Feels more like “A” to me.

Don’t blame the pro’s. Ghost did his best with his marching orders of “try not to cut out too much of Halo 4” but as long as the goal is to polish Infinity settings… Then I predict fail. As. It stands, MLG v7 Reach is more impressive than Throwdown… In my opinion. (And I’m no MLG nut, I got a 1.0 in that playlist)

> > I would suggest fixing Throwdown first as it has an embarrassingly low population for a gametype designed by pros and just released recently.
> >
> > Perhaps your gametype is better the what is currently in Throwdown.
>
> Now ask yourself this… Designed by pros with the purpose of _____________
>
> A) including as much Halo 4 features as possible in a competitive like playlist
>
> Or
>
> B) just making a a competitive playlist.
>
> Feels more like “A” to me.
>
> Don’t blame the pro’s. Ghost did his best with his marching orders of “try not to cut out too much of Halo 4” but as long as the goal is to polish Infinity settings… Then I predict fail. As. It stands, MLG v7 Reach is more impressive than Throwdown… In my opinion. (And I’m no MLG nut, I got a 1.0 in that playlist)

then go play that or tell them about you suggestions in the team throwdown section of the wargames thread. ot like adding a non random ordinance and 3 AA’s that take some skill and tactics to use effectivly completely ruins it. >.>

> > I would suggest fixing Throwdown first as it has an embarrassingly low population for a gametype designed by pros and just released recently.
> >
> > Perhaps your gametype is better the what is currently in Throwdown.
>
> Now ask yourself this… Designed by pros with the purpose of _____________
>
> A) including as much Halo 4 features as possible in a competitive like playlist
>
> Or
>
> B) just making a a competitive playlist.
>
> Feels more like “A” to me.
>
> Don’t blame the pro’s. Ghost did his best with his marching orders of “try not to cut out too much of Halo 4” but as long as the goal is to polish Infinity settings… Then I predict fail. As. It stands, MLG v7 Reach is more impressive than Throwdown… In my opinion. (And I’m no MLG nut, I got a 1.0 in that playlist)

Fair point, but as I always say, the middle ground usually pleases the least amount of people. If Halo CE-esk play is what competitive players want, give it to them. If 343 and the pros are looking to include the most amount of people then it has to pretty close to the game that most people play.

> *remove infinity from matchmaking
>
> Fixed

I’m totally with this^

Its pretty simple really, remove rockets, fuel rod, iCannon, laser, and all 3 snipers from BTB personal ordinance. While 1 person with a sticky det or railgun can make a large difference in 4v4 in 8v8 its impact is far more limited

Remove all OHK weapons(as well as SAW and damage boost) from 5v5 or smaller infinity games. So that leaves: Concussion rifle, needler, speed boost, 1x overshield, grenades. These can complement players without being as game altering as the other ordinance weapons

Place the removed weapons in either fixed contestable positions(ala doubles and every other Halo game) or mirrored for each team(again, like every other Halo game).

All infinity and regular gametypes just became much much better.