<em>*Power Weapons</em>
<em>*Vehicles</em>
<em>*Power-Ups</em>

Arena
<em>*Helmets</em>
<em>*Armor</em>
<em>*Visors</em>
<em>*Emblems</em>

Instead of unlocking things randomly, you would simply select the item you want from the REQ store and purchase it… provided you have the REQ points.

Bronze, Silver, and Gold packs would be purchasable only with real money, and give you only REQ points.

Bronze Pack = 3,000 REQ Points (Price: $0.99)
Silver Pack = 6,000 REQ Points (Price: $1.99)
Gold Pack = 12,000 REQ Points (Price: $2.99)

The price for items in the REQ story would vary depending on Rarity and Category. Cosmetic items from the Arena categories would cost from as little as 1,000 REQ Points for Common items, up to 50,000 REQ Points for Legendary items. Visors and Emblems would be super-cheap, capping out at 5,000 REQ Points for Legendary items in those categories.

Weapon and Vehicle Certifications would be a bit more pricy. Legendary vehicles like the Hannibal Mantis would run you as high as 250,000 REQ Points, and 25,000 REQ Points for a single refill (+1 Hannibal Mantis).

To make earning REQ Points a little easier there would be Daily and Weekly Challenges just as there were in Halo 4 for Campaign, Warzone Firefight, Warzone, and Arena. 4 Daily Challenges and 1 Weekly Challenge for each game mode, that way you have something to do every day and a variety of different ways to earn more REQ points to get the armor or the certifications you want the most.

You would also be able to sell items you don’t want… including cosmetic items you’ve already gotten from the random unlock system. That way you could get something back for the garbage you don’t want, like Seeker, Boltshot Certifications, those dozens of useless armor skins, and so on… and if for whatever reason you want them back, you could re-purchase them from the REQ store at any time.

So what do you think. Good idea? Bad idea? Got a better idea? Let me know, but be nice.

12,000 is to expensive for Gold packs. The Gold grind is already long.

> 2533274954911187;2:
> 12,000 is to expensive for Gold packs. The Gold grind is already long.

Facepalm.

Or take it out and go back to the one system
As I like to say if it ain’t broken don’t fix it keep the reach system with an implementation of Halo 4 or vice versa

> 2533274954911187;2:
> 12,000 is to expensive for Gold packs. The Gold grind is already long.

Learn to read. You would not be paying 12,000 REQ Points for a Gold Pack; you would be receiving 12,000 REQ Points in exchange for $2.99 in real money. You would then be able to select the item you want to purchase from the REQ store rather than having an RNG-based system as we do now.

For ultra-rare to legendary items, players must complete specific achievements or commendations to unlock cosmetic or certifications items. After they ate up all their 1-time ultra rare-legendary items, they can purchase the item again for whatever price you listed. That way players can at least feel complimented from what they complete or pulled off.

With cosmetics, all emblems unlocked by default and have the customisation options from Halo 3 to MCC.

How much RP will the player be rewarded after finishing a Arena or Warzone match?

Wonder if 343i will ever add their version of the Recon helmet from Halo 3. By that, I mean the value and respect from that armour.

> 2533274834952794;1:
> First off, the REQ store would have several new categories:
>
> Warzone<em>*Loadout Weapons</em><em>*Power Weapons</em><em>*Vehicles</em><em>*Power-Ups</em>Arena<em>*Helmets</em><em>*Armor</em><em>*Visors</em><em>*Emblems</em>Instead of unlocking things randomly, you would simply select the item you want from the REQ store and purchase it… provided you have the REQ points.
>
> Bronze, Silver, and Gold packs would be purchasable only with real money, and give you only REQ points.
>
> Bronze Pack =3,000 REQ Points (Price: $0.99)Silver Pack =6,000 REQ Points (Price: $1.99)Gold Pack =_12,000 REQ Points (Price: $2.99)_The price for items in the REQ story would vary depending on Rarity and Category. Cosmetic items from the Arena categories would cost from as little as 1,000 REQ Points for Common items, up to 50,000 REQ Points for Legendary items. Visors and Emblems would be super-cheap, capping out at 5,000 REQ Points for Legendary items in those categories.
>
> Weapon and Vehicle Certifications would be a bit more pricy. Legendary vehicles like the Hannibal Mantis would run you as high as 250,000 REQ Points, and 25,000 REQ Points for a single refill (+1 Hannibal Mantis).
>
> To make earning REQ Points a little easier there would be Daily and Weekly Challenges just as there were in Halo 4 for Campaign, Warzone Firefight, Warzone, and Arena. 4 Daily Challenges and 1 Weekly Challenge for each game mode, that way you have something to do every day and a variety of different ways to earn more REQ points to get the armor or the certifications you want the most.
>
> You would also be able to sell items you don’t want… including cosmetic items you’ve already gotten from the random unlock system. That way you could get something back for the garbage you don’t want, like Seeker, Boltshot Certifications, those dozens of useless armor skins, and so on… and if for whatever reason you want them back, you could re-purchase them from the REQ store at any time.
>
> So what do you think. Good idea? Bad idea? Got a better idea? Let me know, but be nice.

1. Such a system will just have players playing with extremities where they only use the most powerful reqs for the req level, so they would end up with way more banshee ultras and not use the more balanced Temple banshee for example. They can just stock up with a few favourite reqs and not need to be diverse.
  2. Why bother with purchasing certifications for single use reqs if there won’t be RNG packs. The whole point of certification was to increase the drop rate of the single use req in RNG packs. If purchasing certifications is a means to unlock the ability to stock up on a particular req then that’s not good as well, as you have to spend too much to get the first additional single use req.
  3. Costs too much, lets look at the Hannibal mantis. 250k, is 25 gold packs in the current system which gives 50 certifications, 3 single use cards for each warzone certification, and an additional 10 reqs for each pack making it 500 which you have the potential to sell each for 100 RP average giving you 50k RP to use for more gold packs.
  4. What about those that have everything, what additional benefit do they get? Current system allows gold packs to cost 4k meaning at the cost of the single use req of 25k for Hannibal mantis, I would rather try my luck with the next 62.5 req cards and I can’t guarantee I would get a Hannibal mantis each 6.25 gold packs, I will get a lot of good reqs.
  5. Single use reqs will cost so much to use, that using them will cost more than what a warzone game gives, and will force you to go load out only in order to save up for more single reqs or certifications. But you need to win to get more RP, which means you need to pay more RP in a game, so you end up with no meaningful gain and you won’t actually progress even with these challenges to help. This will result in a very bad warzone experience and you’ll just quit Halo 5.
  6. Boltshot isn’t garbage, maybe underpowered but its still a meaningful weapon in the sandbox.
  7. This change would only benefit customisations in a way, and will just be like the Halo Reach credit system. But that’s a problem has people won’t be able to mix and match, they are forced to make many one time choices and stick with it, instead of always trying out and seeing if they like it.
  8. If you want to be diverse its gonna be very tedious as you have to click each req and get some of each, and this is something you have to do many times. It won’t be as simple as clicking the current gold packs once, and you get many reqs at once. There’s a reason why people don’t like to do the groceries.
  9. How would arena and warzone boosts work? Do you have to buy them, and if so why not just only use the legendary boosts every time? Why bother with lesser ones. If the legendary boosts like warzone rp cost more, why bother with them in the first place?

I’m not going be nice, I’m gonna say that maybe the system was almost perfect in the first place especially with RNG? These would be extremely bad changes and will not promote diversity, and warzone will no longer be the fun casual mode it is; but a stressful game of budgeting your reqs.
The current system means you always progress with the RP you spend, but the suggestion will set you back or stall your progress and you have to do a lot of most likely spend a lot of real money to move on.
The only good thing I heard from this thread is a more designed challenge reward system.

Other than that I don’t mean to flame you, but 343 has a very nice system here; and the goal isn’t unlocking what you want but unlocking a good amount of everything if not all of it.

I believe its better to change your understand from ‘the req system is broken and needs to be fixed’, to ‘req system can be improved a bit to cater to playstyle and needs.’

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274967369999;7:
>

oh stop worshipping Halo 5 already!

> 2535414299834534;9:
> > 2533274967369999;7:
> > > 2533274834952794;1:
> > > First off, the REQ store would have several new categories:
> > >
> > > Warzone<em>*Loadout Weapons</em><em>*Power Weapons</em><em>*Vehicles</em><em>*Power-Ups</em>Arena<em>*Helmets</em><em>*Armor</em><em>*Visors</em><em>*Emblems</em>Instead of unlocking things randomly, you would simply select the item you want from the REQ store and purchase it… provided you have the REQ points.
> > >
> > > Bronze, Silver, and Gold packs would be purchasable only with real money, and give you only REQ points.
> > >
> > > Bronze Pack =3,000 REQ Points (Price: $0.99)Silver Pack =6,000 REQ Points (Price: $1.99)Gold Pack =_12,000 REQ Points (Price: $2.99)_The price for items in the REQ story would vary depending on Rarity and Category. Cosmetic items from the Arena categories would cost from as little as 1,000 REQ Points for Common items, up to 50,000 REQ Points for Legendary items. Visors and Emblems would be super-cheap, capping out at 5,000 REQ Points for Legendary items in those categories.
> > >
> > > Weapon and Vehicle Certifications would be a bit more pricy. Legendary vehicles like the Hannibal Mantis would run you as high as 250,000 REQ Points, and 25,000 REQ Points for a single refill (+1 Hannibal Mantis).
> > >
> > > To make earning REQ Points a little easier there would be Daily and Weekly Challenges just as there were in Halo 4 for Campaign, Warzone Firefight, Warzone, and Arena. 4 Daily Challenges and 1 Weekly Challenge for each game mode, that way you have something to do every day and a variety of different ways to earn more REQ points to get the armor or the certifications you want the most.
> > >
> > > You would also be able to sell items you don’t want… including cosmetic items you’ve already gotten from the random unlock system. That way you could get something back for the garbage you don’t want, like Seeker, Boltshot Certifications, those dozens of useless armor skins, and so on… and if for whatever reason you want them back, you could re-purchase them from the REQ store at any time.
> > >
> > > So what do you think. Good idea? Bad idea? Got a better idea? Let me know, but be nice.
> >
> > 1. Such a system will just have players playing with extremities where they only use the most powerful reqs for the req level, so they would end up with way more banshee ultras and not use the more balanced Temple banshee for example. They can just stock up with a few favourite reqs and not need to be diverse.
> > 2. Why bother with purchasing certifications for single use reqs if there won’t be RNG packs. The whole point of certification was to increase the drop rate of the single use req in RNG packs. If purchasing certifications is a means to unlock the ability to stock up on a particular req then that’s not good as well, as you have to spend too much to get the first additional single use req.
> > 3. Costs too much, lets look at the Hannibal mantis. 250k, is 25 gold packs in the current system which gives 50 certifications, 3 single use cards for each warzone certification, and an additional 10 reqs for each pack making it 500 which you have the potential to sell each for 100 RP average giving you 50k RP to use for more gold packs.
> > 4. What about those that have everything, what additional benefit do they get? Current system allows gold packs to cost 4k meaning at the cost of the single use req of 25k for Hannibal mantis, I would rather try my luck with the next 62.5 req cards and I can’t guarantee I would get a Hannibal mantis each 6.25 gold packs, I will get a lot of good reqs.
> > 5. Single use reqs will cost so much to use, that using them will cost more than what a warzone game gives, and will force you to go load out only in order to save up for more single reqs or certifications. But you need to win to get more RP, which means you need to pay more RP in a game, so you end up with no meaningful gain and you won’t actually progress even with these challenges to help. This will result in a very bad warzone experience and you’ll just quit Halo 5.
> > 6. Boltshot isn’t garbage, maybe underpowered but its still a meaningful weapon in the sandbox.
> > 7. This change would only benefit customisations in a way, and will just be like the Halo Reach credit system. But that’s a problem has people won’t be able to mix and match, they are forced to make many one time choices and stick with it, instead of always trying out and seeing if they like it.
> > 8. If you want to be diverse its gonna be very tedious as you have to click each req and get some of each, and this is something you have to do many times. It won’t be as simple as clicking the current gold packs once, and you get many reqs at once. There’s a reason why people don’t like to do the groceries.
> > 9. How would arena and warzone boosts work? Do you have to buy them, and if so why not just only use the legendary boosts every time? Why bother with lesser ones. If the legendary boosts like warzone rp cost more, why bother with them in the first place?
> >
> > I’m not going be nice, I’m gonna say that maybe the system was almost perfect in the first place especially with RNG? These would be extremely bad changes and will not promote diversity, and warzone will no longer be the fun casual mode it is; but a stressful game of budgeting your reqs.
> > The current system means you always progress with the RP you spend, but the suggestion will set you back or stall your progress and you have to do a lot of most likely spend a lot of real money to move on.
> > The only good thing I heard from this thread is a more designed challenge reward system.
> >
> > Other than that I don’t mean to flame you, but 343 has a very nice system here; and the goal isn’t unlocking what you want but unlocking a good amount of everything if not all of it.
>
> oh stop worshipping Halo 5 already!

He isn’t worshipping Halo 5 he brings up huge problems with the system suggested.

The first improvements I would make would be to separate cosmetics from the Req pool entirely.

The req system wasn’t that bad to begin with, but now there are too many insanely OP weapons/vehicles and balance is impossible. 343 kept adding things (gotta get that $$$) without regard to long term balance. Way too many 1 shot kill reqs in the game. They can play with req levels all they want, but the game will always be stacked against the players who don’t have a large collection and against the team stuck at a low level in each match. As the game ages warzone just turns into players trading kills with OP weapons at best. At worst it’s a slaughter for one team. If they want balance they will have to equalize the req timer for every player in the match, then start working on putting weapons into the correct req category. As long as you have matches where 1 player is at level 6 and 1 is at level 3, then what is the point of trying to balance anything? “The Answer” vs a BR? Pointless. The entire warzone and req system is semi broken at this point. It’s practically warzone fiesta. You can enjoy it but don’t look for balance unless they make major changes to the gametype itself.

> 2535462450434439;4:
> Or take it out and go back to the one system
> As I like to say if it ain’t broken don’t fix it keep the reach system with an implementation of Halo 4 or vice versa

This system would really work. We can still name it the REQ system but it will be in name only.