How to Fix Assault

Let’s be honest, Assault is broken. Whatever it is, it certainly doesn’t feel as balanced as CTF and Strongholds. I believe the problem is that the “ball” is no longer a “bomb” and doesn’t explode. In this new Assault configuration, that means the attacking squad can set up in a base and keep running the new bombs in, while the defending team enjoys random, chaotic spawns throughout the map. It makes defending feel very hectic and disorientating and attacking feel cheep and, honestly, not very gratifying. There also needs to be an announcement when someone begins the plant the bomb. Just having the little sound effect isn’t enough.

So ya, make the bomb blow up and announce when it’s being armed.

What are you doing that the ticking noise telling you that your base is being armed isn’t enough? There’s even a bar that fills up on your screen. Also if they can get into your base and hold your team off long enough to score then they probably aren’t going to have trouble doing it again. But first off why should they have to die after they score? A better solution would be assault works in rounds like Breakout does, but I could care less.

> 2533274865500640;2:
> What are you doing that the ticking noise telling you that your base is being armed isn’t enough? There’s even a bar that fills up on your screen. Also if they can get into your base and hold your team off long enough to score then they probably aren’t going to have trouble doing it again. But first off why should they have to die after they score? A better solution would be assault works in rounds like Breakout does, but I could care less.

You clearly don’t play arena.