How to dodge plasma grenades?

I get stuck so many times in Halo 4, it’s ridiculous! Can anybody share a bit of advice or a few tips on how to dodge them?

I’m trying to win against my friend who is great with the DMR and Sniper. He sucks at CQC though, so he sticks me to bring me down with him and to cover up for his weakness. How can I get better at dodging plasma grenades?

I have heard thruster pack is good for that. Go sideways when he throws.

Thruster pack is your best bet. And getting in the habit of jumping when you feel a death nade coming on. It’s still hard to do because if you actually test it out in customs, there is magnetism when sticking around the feet in Halo4. You can throw it at the ground, and if it’s close enough to the hitbox the grenade will latch onto the feet.

One good tip is too always play defensively.

Always assume the the opponent is going to stick you. Hence you must anticipate any movement the opponent will make and act accordingly. Shoot to kill.

Thruster pack into a wall

thruster pack towards the nearest wall.

All you can really do is use the Thruster Pack if you happen to have it or just try to anticipate when they’re going to try to stick you. It can be hard sometimes. I find myself getting stuck pretty often too.

> thruster pack towards the nearest wall.

Wall, rock… Any solid map structure. If you thrust into them you will almost never die via sticky nade!

> Thruster pack into a wall

It has to be into a wall. If you get stuck in the middle of a field, you’re dying. But if you thruster into a wall, you live, with no shield loss.

Here’s a fun little rhyme I made up to help players get out of sticky (pun intended) situations:

If it’s Boltshot or plasma 'nade,
thruster pack.

It has some flaws, the most obvious one being that it doesn’t rhyme. It’s helped me out in many a firefight, though.

> I get stuck so many times in Halo 4, it’s ridiculous! Can anybody share a bit of advice or a few tips on how to dodge them?
>
> I’m trying to win against my friend who is great with the DMR and Sniper. He sucks at CQC though, so he sticks me to bring me down with him and to cover up for his weakness. How can I get better at dodging plasma grenades?

That´s because the magnet your spartan has. Same happens with headshot from sniper rifles. just trow the grenade and he will stick to you like if you have honey or something…

Kill him before he throws it or just practice, whichever method works best for you. Don’t just listen to other peoples methods, it might not always work fro you.

Use Evade