How to disable voice chat?

OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME

I don’t see a setting for it anywhere either; not liking the idea of mandatory voice chat honestly, and don’t know if setting up a party just for myself so I can avoid it would work either.

It’s not there right now, but at the start of every match, hold the back button and press x. It is fixed, but you have to do it every match…

You can also use the d-pad while you’re looking at the team lists to mute specific people.

Soooo glad voice chat is on!

It’s very annoying when no one has a mic in a team game!

This is what competitive halo has always been about :slight_smile:

1 Like

As soon as you are in the game open the scoreboard and press X all muted then :smiley:

> 2535420883520775;5:
> Soooo glad voice chat is on!
>
> It’s very annoying when no one has a mic in a team game!
>
> This is what competitive halo has always been about :slight_smile:

Happy for you, really. Now what about the rest of us that want it muted by default?

> 2535420883520775;5:
> Soooo glad voice chat is on!
>
> It’s very annoying when no one has a mic in a team game!
>
> This is what competitive halo has always been about :slight_smile:

It is very refreshing to have mics again. I only ran into one annoying mic user that was picking up the game sounds. Game still needs proximity chat.

> 2533274850869596;7:
> > 2535420883520775;5:
> > Soooo glad voice chat is on!
> >
> > It’s very annoying when no one has a mic in a team game!
> >
> > This is what competitive halo has always been about :slight_smile:
>
>
> Happy for you, really. Now what about the rest of us that want it muted by default?

go play ffa

Mics are all fine and dandy, but the very first match I played had only one fellow on mic who used it for nothing but occasionally coughing into it lol…

bump

@343 please fix this. ive had to quit multiple games because of loud rap and squealing infants.

> 2533274817466196;10:
> Mics are all fine and dandy, but the very first match I played had only one fellow on mic who used it for nothing but occasionally coughing into it lol…

Eh, I might use mine but with how chaotic things are around my house right now I’d just be doing more harm than good. I tend not to talk much unless I’m with friends anyway.
So far I’ve had:

-Some random coughing
-One guy that had children arguing in the backround
-Some swearing when the Warden Eternal died

Othet than not much shrugs

> 2743710844431078;9:
> > 2533274850869596;7:
> > > 2535420883520775;5:
> > > Soooo glad voice chat is on!
> > >
> > > It’s very annoying when no one has a mic in a team game!
> > >
> > > This is what competitive halo has always been about :slight_smile:
> >
> >
> > Happy for you, really. Now what about the rest of us that want it muted by default?
>
>
> go play ffa

I’ll be sure to keep your quality and enlightening suggestion in mind.

mute all is not working

> 2743710844431078;9:
> > 2533274850869596;7:
> > > 2535420883520775;5:
> > > Soooo glad voice chat is on!
> > >
> > > It’s very annoying when no one has a mic in a team game!
> > >
> > > This is what competitive halo has always been about :slight_smile:
> >
> >
> > Happy for you, really. Now what about the rest of us that want it muted by default?
>
>
> go play ffa

Getting real tired of people like this. Not all of us want voice chat, and surprise, some of us really want to play Warzone without spending the first few minutes double checking on mutes that seemingly don’t always work. The removal of default muting is a step backwards from past games and I don’t see why it isn’t in - not a game breaker, but disappointing.

I am as well annoyed that there is not an option to turn voice chat off. The thing is and correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t there an option about that in the Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta? I am almost certain there was because i remember myself saying to myself how annoying all the sounds from other peoples mics were and so i went into the options and turned it off. My memories can be wrong though. I have heard several babies crying over the mics most of my matches and it’s from different people. It is not fun listening to that and any other annoying sounds.

A bit out of topic but the same goes for the setting to turn off the vibration you get from the triggers. I know that one was in the beta. Immediately when i started playing i noticed the trigger vibrating so i went into the options and found an option to turn it off while still having the normal control vibration on but now that option is gone as well. I don’t know what’s going on.

I don’t like complaining especially since i actually like Halo 5 but these annoying things gets to me unfortunate and i can’t allow myself to stay quiet about these type of things.

Thanks for the heads up… that would be really annoying…

> 2533274817466196;4:
> You can also use the d-pad while you’re looking at the team lists to mute specific people.

This is at least nice to have.

> 2533274853069425;6:
> As soon as you are in the game open the scoreboard and press X all muted then :smiley:

thank you :slight_smile:

this had been annoying me.

> 2533274808706556;1:
> OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME

Sorry you’re wrong. We need MORE people using voice like Halo 2 days.

> 2533274871402559;14:
> > 2743710844431078;9:
> > > 2533274850869596;7:
> > > > 2535420883520775;5:
> > > > Soooo glad voice chat is on!
> > > >
> > > > It’s very annoying when no one has a mic in a team game!
> > > >
> > > > This is what competitive halo has always been about :slight_smile:
> > >
> > >
> > > Happy for you, really. Now what about the rest of us that want it muted by default?
> >
> >
> > go play ffa
>
>
> Getting real tired of people like this. Not all of us want voice chat, and surprise, some of us really want to play Warzone without spending the first few minutes double checking on mutes that seemingly don’t always work. The removal of default muting is a step backwards from past games and I don’t see why it isn’t in - not a game breaker, but disappointing.

It’s 2015. Voice chat is a must for any teamplay oriented game. Go play COD if you want to just solo run and gun.