How to Create Custom Game Browser Game?

With the Custom Game Browser (CGB) out for Halo CE in MCC now, I want to create a custom game that will show up in the game browser. My idea was to use the custom match options to recreate a Halo CE Trial style Blood Gultch experience from the good ol’ days: a couple warthogs, some banshees, no tanks or ghosts, an infinite timed game, teamkilling turned on (most important detail right here), and all the salty ragequitting goodness.

Anyways, I tried to set one up in the game browser menu itself but it seemed to only give me a playlist option with very basic map settings. Is this the only way to set up a CGB game, or will the other option (the one that was in MCC from the start) work too?

This is what the community has been asking for years.

A custom game browser leading into the custom games that have been in MCC from the start, so we aren’t limited to inviting friends.

This release was yet another disappointment.

> 2533274818546326;2:
> This is what the community has been asking for years.
>
> A custom game browser leading into the custom games that have been in MCC from the start, so we aren’t limited to inviting friends.
>
> This release was yet another disappointment.

I wouldn’t call it a disappointment b/c it’s still a custom game browser. But it sure isn’t full functionality.

> 2533274902455869;1:
> With the Custom Game Browser (CGB) out for Halo CE in MCC now, I want to create a custom game that will show up in the game browser. My idea was to use the custom match options to recreate a Halo CE Trial style Blood Gultch experience from the good ol’ days: a couple warthogs, some banshees, no tanks or ghosts, an infinite timed game, teamkilling turned on (most important detail right here), and all the salty ragequitting goodness.
>
> Anyways, I tried to set one up in the game browser menu itself but it seemed to only give me a playlist option with very basic map settings. Is this the only way to set up a CGB game, or will the other option (the one that was in MCC from the start) work too?

You have to create your gametypes under the custom multiplayer option (not the CGB), save the files, and then you will be able to select those gametypes you made when setting up a server in the custom game browser.

I’ve been having a ton of fun hosting CE games with my custom gametypes. My only big complaint is you can only have 6 different gametypes on your server at one time, and only 6 different maps for each gametype at one time.

> 2533274902455869;1:
> You have to create your gametypes under the custom multiplayer option (not the CGB.

It took me a while to figure this out, so I partially take back my original comment.

The biggest complaint I have now is there is no way to change the game types once created.