How to continue sprinting when getting shot?

So as i’ve always played this game, when i’m sprinting and get shot, it takes me out of my sprint. But countless numerous times i’ll have someone sprinting at me to charge me and kill me after i’ve shot them a couple times or even sprayed them with an SMG. So my question is how do i continue to sprint and charge at someone when they’re shooting me?

If you take any damage while not at full sprint speed, you will be slowed. While at maximum sprint speed you don’t lose that speed.

> 2533274888753908;2:
> If you take any damage while not at full sprint speed, you will be slowed. While at maximum sprint speed you don’t lose that speed.

This seems odd to me. In fact, a lot of the stuff having to do with sprinting in this game is inconsistent, and makes little to no sense. For instance, recharging shields.
In campaign, sprinting has no effect on your shields recharging, as makes sense.
In multiplayer, sprinting resets the countdown timer for shield recharge. The argument for this is that the armor can’t handle too many things at once, but then why can you sprint while the armor is recharging? And why does sprinting reset the timer rather than pausing it? Also, thrusters don’t stop your shield from recharging.
I really hope they remove sprinting affecting your shields in Halo 6.

Yep I agree with the recharging. Def a lot of problems with the sprinting, and I just can’t grasp my head around how some players can continue to sprint when getting shot.

> 2535422386455449;3:
> > 2533274888753908;2:
> > If you take any damage while not at full sprint speed, you will be slowed. While at maximum sprint speed you don’t lose that speed.
>
> This seems odd to me. In fact, a lot of the stuff having to do with sprinting in this game is inconsistent, and makes little to no sense. For instance, recharging shields.
> In campaign, sprinting has no effect on your shields recharging, as makes sense.
> In multiplayer, sprinting resets the countdown timer for shield recharge. The argument for this is that the armor can’t handle too many things at once, but then why can you sprint while the armor is recharging? And why does sprinting reset the timer rather than pausing it? Also, thrusters don’t stop your shield from recharging.
> I really hope they remove sprinting affecting your shields in Halo 6.

First you will know you are at max speed when you see your spartan arms swinging back and forth like an Olympic runner, when you see that you are able to spartan charge. If you don’t see the arms going back and forth you can spartan charge and if shot will stop running. Second I’m not to sure about the campaign but multiplayer 343 compromised because classic halo fanboys didn’t want sprint and they were already adding new machanic so they added the recharge timer for balance purposes and to stop the classic fanboys from crying to much

but honestly I like it like that.

> 2535447612273772;5:
> 343 compromised because classic halo fanboys didn’t want sprint and they were already adding new machanic so they added the recharge timer for balance purposes and to stop the classic fanboys from crying to much

Yeah, we were all crying because we want something to be balanced instead of OP. rollseyes Aside from your comment being completely ridiculous, maybe 343 actually saw for themselves that sprint needed to be more balanced because I’d like to think they’re competent game developers who can adjust things when they notice issues.

> 2533274830784663;4:
> Yep I agree with the recharging. Def a lot of problems with the sprinting, and I just can’t grasp my head around how some players can continue to sprint when getting shot.

Literally already said how.

> 2533274888753908;2:
> If you take any damage while not at full sprint speed, you will be slowed. While at maximum sprint speed you don’t lose that speed.

Stopping power is a thing in Halo, it slows you down. If you get shot by any weapon it will slow you down. But, if you are at full sprint speed, you shouldn’t get slowed down much before you die.

> 2533274888753908;7:
> > 2533274830784663;4:
> > Yep I agree with the recharging. Def a lot of problems with the sprinting, and I just can’t grasp my head around how some players can continue to sprint when getting shot.
>
> Literally already said how.
>
>
> > 2533274888753908;2:
> > If you take any damage while not at full sprint speed, you will be slowed. While at maximum sprint speed you don’t lose that speed.
>
> Stopping power is a thing in Halo, it slows you down. If you get shot by any weapon it will slow you down. But, if you are at full sprint speed, you shouldn’t get slowed down much before you die.

Okay, then whey do i keep getting taken out of my speed when full on mode sprinting??? I’m talking been already sprinting for several seconds to take cover, then get shot and taken out of sprint??? Mean while someone will have recently just started sprinting at me and i’ll spray them with an assault/smg and they continue, so no you didn’t…

> 2533274830784663;8:
> Okay, then whey do i keep getting taken out of my speed when full on mode sprinting??? I’m talking been already sprinting for several seconds to take cover, then get shot and taken out of sprint???

Only things I can think of is either you have a controller issue or maybe you’re unintentionally taking yourself out of sprint without realizing it as a reaction or something. Do you have vibration on? Also, taking sharp turns with the control stick while sprinting can sometimes take you out of it. Just something to think about if you do that when you’re getting shot.

You’ll always be slowed down somewhat if you get shot while in a full-on sprint, but you don’t lose the ability to Spartan charge (or slide) if you were already at full speed before you got shot, hence why people still pull off Spartan charges while they’re being peppered with gunfire. If you get shot before you reach full speed, you’ll be taken out of sprint for a split second before your Spartan tries to sprint again on his own.

And as LUKEPOWA mentioned, if you make sharp turns while sprinting at full speed, you’ll get taken out of it. Essentially, if the thumbstick isn’t pointing in the general up direction, you’ll stop sprinting.

> 2727626560040591;6:
> > 2535447612273772;5:
> > 343 compromised because classic halo fanboys didn’t want sprint and they were already adding new machanic so they added the recharge timer for balance purposes and to stop the classic fanboys from crying to much
>
> Yeah, we were all crying because we want something to be balanced instead of OP. rollseyes Aside from your comment being completely ridiculous, maybe 343 actually saw for themselves that sprint needed to be more balanced because I’d like to think they’re competent game developers who can adjust things when they notice issues.

Lol I had read that somewhere I’m not sure where but lol eyesroll if they wanted something to be overpowered why is spartan charge a thing you get shot once and spartan charge it was so op I saw something watching hcs on YouTube do it just to get a reversal I mean developers know how to not make certain things op.
And the names perfect way to buff them because developers know how to perfectly balance names why not make them stronger than they already were
fuel rod worst power weapon in game now because developers saw it being the worst and not op
The br launched best weapon in game because developers didn’t want it to be op “eye roll “
br worst weapon in game because I like to think 343 as competent developers when they notice things

Im just saying don’t be a wise guy about crap you know because 343 are real competent developers who know everything and see all the problems wrong with halo that comment you made is totally ridiculous I’m just saying
“EYEROLL” lol (sarcasm)

> 2535447612273772;11:
> Lol I had read that somewhere I’m not sure where but lol eyesroll if they wanted something to be overpowered why is spartan charge a thing you get shot once and spartan charge it was so op I saw something watching hcs on YouTube do it just to get a reversal I mean developers know how to not make certain things op.And the names perfect way to buff them because developers know how to perfectly balance names why not make them stronger than they already were
> fuel rod worst power weapon in game now because developers saw it being the worst and not op
> The br launched best weapon in game because developers didn’t want it to be op “eye roll “
> br worst weapon in game because I like to think 343 as competent developers when they notice things
>
> Im just saying don’t be a wise guy about crap you know because 343 are real competent developers who know everything and see all the problems wrong with halo that comment you made is totally ridiculous I’m just saying
> “EYEROLL” lol (sarcasm)

Saying one of the main reasons they changed sprint was to please classic fan boys and to stop their crying is ridiculous and baseless. Being competent doesn’t mean they’re perfect and your examples just strengthen part of my previous point that they’ll change things to fit their vision of the game no matter if it’s well received or people are “crying” about it beforehand.

> 2727626560040591;12:
> > 2535447612273772;11:
> > Lol I had read that somewhere I’m not sure where but lol eyesroll if they wanted something to be overpowered why is spartan charge a thing you get shot once and spartan charge it was so op I saw something watching hcs on YouTube do it just to get a reversal I mean developers know how to not make certain things op.And the names perfect way to buff them because developers know how to perfectly balance names why not make them stronger than they already were
> > fuel rod worst power weapon in game now because developers saw it being the worst and not op
> > The br launched best weapon in game because developers didn’t want it to be op “eye roll “
> > br worst weapon in game because I like to think 343 as competent developers when they notice things
> >
> > Im just saying don’t be a wise guy about crap you know because 343 are real competent developers who know everything and see all the problems wrong with halo that comment you made is totally ridiculous I’m just saying
> > “EYEROLL” lol (sarcasm)
>
> Saying one of the main reasons they changed sprint was to please classic fan boys and to stop their crying is ridiculous and baseless. Being competent doesn’t mean they’re perfect and your examples just strengthen my previous point that they will change things to fit their vision of the game no matter if it’s well received or people are “crying” about it.

I mean they are letting you recharge your shield while running in warzone but not arena. Warzone isn’t wasn’t meant for the traditional halo player it was meant for new comers like myself and casual playerswho was attracted to the warzone playlist but arena a game mode for those halo veteran players who have been playing for years would mainly be attracted to arena not warzone not to say that they didn’t grow over time to like the playlist.

While most old players didn’t want sprint in halo to begin with I believe it was reach that brought sprint don’t quote me on that tho. And if I’m not mistaken people didn’t want halo to have sprint because that and many other things is what made halo halo

In short
warzone for casual
arena for try hards

If majority of the try hards are coming from past titles couldn’t you say it is a compromise? I mean plenty of games let you sprint while you health is recharge

next I no one is perfect being competent means “having the necessary ability, knowledge, or skill to do something successfully“ yes they are competent developers in the sense they can make a game but they were not competent in their delivery what they brought to the table I got one love halo 5 but old school players not so much. They were not competent in the weapons update the one thing that was really fixed was banshee, Ar, and I think grande launcher everything else the chewed up.

balancing I will say they are competent if you don’t rush they and give them time like how when halo 5 launched it was near perfect in my opinion

and na if you look at infinite demo you can see that they aren’t changing things for their vision. They brought old Chief back they brought the flood back they are catering to the halo fans but they wanted to give something new. Right?

at the end of the day my first post was my own opinion your negative commitment really wasn’t needed if you weren’t going to provide solid evidence to back your it’s “ridiculous” claim.

> 2535447612273772;13:
> > 2727626560040591;12:
> > > 2535447612273772;11:
> > > Lol I had read that somewhere I’m not sure where but lol eyesroll if they wanted something to be overpowered why is spartan charge a thing you get shot once and spartan charge it was so op I saw something watching hcs on YouTube do it just to get a reversal I mean developers know how to not make certain things op.And the names perfect way to buff them because developers know how to perfectly balance names why not make them stronger than they already were
> > > fuel rod worst power weapon in game now because developers saw it being the worst and not op
> > > The br launched best weapon in game because developers didn’t want it to be op “eye roll “
> > > br worst weapon in game because I like to think 343 as competent developers when they notice things
> > >
> > > Im just saying don’t be a wise guy about crap you know because 343 are real competent developers who know everything and see all the problems wrong with halo that comment you made is totally ridiculous I’m just saying
> > > “EYEROLL” lol (sarcasm)
> >
> > Saying one of the main reasons they changed sprint was to please classic fan boys and to stop their crying is ridiculous and baseless. Being competent doesn’t mean they’re perfect and your examples just strengthen my previous point that they will change things to fit their vision of the game no matter if it’s well received or people are “crying” about it.
>
> I mean they are letting you recharge your shield while running in warzone but not arena. Warzone isn’t wasn’t meant for the traditional halo player it was meant for new comers like myself and casual playerswho was attracted to the warzone playlist but arena a game mode for those halo veteran players who have been playing for years would mainly be attracted to arena not warzone not to say that they didn’t grow over time to like the playlist.
>
> While most old players didn’t want sprint in halo to begin with I believe it was reach that brought sprint don’t quote me on that tho. And if I’m not mistaken people didn’t want halo to have sprint because that and many other things is what made halo halo
>
> In short
> warzone for casual
> arena for try hards
>
> If majority of the try hards are coming from past titles couldn’t you say it is a compromise? I mean plenty of games let you sprint while you health is recharge
>
> next I no one is perfect being competent means “having the necessary ability, knowledge, or skill to do something successfully“ yes they are competent developers in the sense they can make a game but they were not competent in their delivery what they brought to the table I got one love halo 5 but old school players not so much. They were not competent in the weapons update the one thing that was really fixed was banshee, Ar, and I think grande launcher everything else the chewed up.
>
> balancing I will say they are competent if you don’t rush they and give them time like how when halo 5 launched it was near perfect in my opinion
>
> and na if you look at infinite demo you can see that they aren’t changing things for their vision. They brought old Chief back they brought the flood back they are catering to the halo fans but they wanted to give something new. Right?
>
> at the end of the day my first post was my own opinion your negative commitment really wasn’t needed if you weren’t going to provide solid evidence to back your it’s “ridiculous” claim.

The shield recharge is the same in Warzone and Arena, with the exception of the advanced thrusters perk.

> 2535449665894532;14:
> > 2535447612273772;13:
> > > 2727626560040591;12:
> > > > 2535447612273772;11:
> > > > Lol I had read that somewhere I’m not sure where but lol eyesroll if they wanted something to be overpowered why is spartan charge a thing you get shot once and spartan charge it was so op I saw something watching hcs on YouTube do it just to get a reversal I mean developers know how to not make certain things op.And the names perfect way to buff them because developers know how to perfectly balance names why not make them stronger than they already were
> > > > fuel rod worst power weapon in game now because developers saw it being the worst and not op
> > > > The br launched best weapon in game because developers didn’t want it to be op “eye roll “
> > > > br worst weapon in game because I like to think 343 as competent developers when they notice things
> > > >
> > > > Im just saying don’t be a wise guy about crap you know because 343 are real competent developers who know everything and see all the problems wrong with halo that comment you made is totally ridiculous I’m just saying
> > > > “EYEROLL” lol (sarcasm)
> > >
> > > Saying one of the main reasons they changed sprint was to please classic fan boys and to stop their crying is ridiculous and baseless. Being competent doesn’t mean they’re perfect and your examples just strengthen my previous point that they will change things to fit their vision of the game no matter if it’s well received or people are “crying” about it.
> >
> > I mean they are letting you recharge your shield while running in warzone but not arena. Warzone isn’t wasn’t meant for the traditional halo player it was meant for new comers like myself and casual playerswho was attracted to the warzone playlist but arena a game mode for those halo veteran players who have been playing for years would mainly be attracted to arena not warzone not to say that they didn’t grow over time to like the playlist.
> >
> > While most old players didn’t want sprint in halo to begin with I believe it was reach that brought sprint don’t quote me on that tho. And if I’m not mistaken people didn’t want halo to have sprint because that and many other things is what made halo halo
> >
> > In short
> > warzone for casual
> > arena for try hards
> >
> > If majority of the try hards are coming from past titles couldn’t you say it is a compromise? I mean plenty of games let you sprint while you health is recharge
> >
> > next I no one is perfect being competent means “having the necessary ability, knowledge, or skill to do something successfully“ yes they are competent developers in the sense they can make a game but they were not competent in their delivery what they brought to the table I got one love halo 5 but old school players not so much. They were not competent in the weapons update the one thing that was really fixed was banshee, Ar, and I think grande launcher everything else the chewed up.
> >
> > balancing I will say they are competent if you don’t rush they and give them time like how when halo 5 launched it was near perfect in my opinion
> >
> > and na if you look at infinite demo you can see that they aren’t changing things for their vision. They brought old Chief back they brought the flood back they are catering to the halo fans but they wanted to give something new. Right?
> >
> > at the end of the day my first post was my own opinion your negative commitment really wasn’t needed if you weren’t going to provide solid evidence to back your it’s “ridiculous” claim.
>
> The shield recharge is the same in Warzone and Arena, with the exception of the advanced thrusters perk.

Yea I was talking about the armor ability yes the core game is the same everywhere but I was talking about added armor ability

First off in Halo 5 is ‘Thruster Sprint’ not agility Sprint. In campaign Blue team and Fireteam Osiris have more technologicaly advanced armour compared to the ordinary Spartain IV. ‘Upgraded Thrusters’ allows you recharge your shields whiling using Thruster Sprint. The suit’s power cycling only allows it operate one function at a time and it needs to dedicate power for the thrusters in the back to allow for sustained sprinting. Essentially the effort a Spartan puts out in Thruster Sprint is the same as if they were jogging.
For energy shield recharge the suit needs to dedicate power for that and once it finishes the rebooting of the energy shields they will start to recharge.
In addition the suit dedicates a smaller power reserve for Thruster Evade, and Charge.

Its completely lore base, I mean look at Halo 4 the sprinting there were powered by the base features of the suit and the Spartan, but without thrusters to help carry on the effort of providing momentum the Spartan has to slow down otherwise they will tire out and not be ready for combat.
Sprinting has existed in all Halo games in some form and featured in all the books, but because of thrusters in Halo 5 a spartan can sprint forever. Sprinting and rebooting shields for recharge in the same time relies on technological advancement of the suit.

> 2533274967369999;16:
> First off in Halo 5 is ‘Thruster Sprint’ not agility Sprint. In campaign Blue team and Fireteam Osiris have more technologicaly advanced armour compared to the ordinary Spartain IV. ‘Upgraded Thrusters’ allows you recharge your shields whiling using Thruster Sprint. The suit’s power cycling only allows it operate one function at a time and it needs to dedicate power for the thrusters in the back to allow for sustained sprinting. Essentially the effort a Spartan puts out in Thruster Sprint is the same as if they were jogging.
> For energy shield recharge the suit needs to dedicate power for that and once it finishes the rebooting of the energy shields they will start to recharge.
> In addition the suit dedicates a smaller power reserve for Thruster Evade, and Charge.
>
> Its completely lore base, I mean look at Halo 4 the sprinting there were powered by the base features of the suit and the Spartan, but without thrusters to help carry on the effort of providing momentum the Spartan has to slow down otherwise they will tire out and not be ready for combat.
> Sprinting has existed in all Halo games in some form and featured in all the books, but because of thrusters in Halo 5 a spartan can sprint forever. Sprinting and rebooting shields for recharge in the same time relies on technological advancement of the suit.

Learn something new everyday but I never really went to look into that tbh but I also didn’t know the original trilogy had sprint do you mean in cutscenes in campaign or in multiplayer player as I said before I’m new to halo series but I’m always curious to learn something new

Yes but in cut scenes and its being realistic where you have humans that are more stronger than present day people, then slap on augmented super soldiers and highly trained aliens; sprinting would be easy for any of them.
It is only by a limited game engine in the first few games that sprint was unavailable.

Spartans have been able to sprint upto 60km/h, if anything the difference between them and regular soldiers is the same as the difference between the super soldier Captain America against a normal modern day soldier.

> 2535422386455449;3:
> > 2533274888753908;2:
> > If you take any damage while not at full sprint speed, you will be slowed. While at maximum sprint speed you don’t lose that speed.
>
> This seems odd to me. In fact, a lot of the stuff having to do with sprinting in this game is inconsistent, and makes little to no sense. For instance, recharging shields.
> In campaign, sprinting has no effect on your shields recharging, as makes sense.
> In multiplayer, sprinting resets the countdown timer for shield recharge. The argument for this is that the armor can’t handle too many things at once, but then why can you sprint while the armor is recharging? And why does sprinting reset the timer rather than pausing it? Also, thrusters don’t stop your shield from recharging.
> I really hope they remove sprinting affecting your shields in Halo 6.

They did it to balance multiplayer that’s it. So running away from a battle isn’t super easy.

Let’s break this apart

> 2533274967369999;16:
> First off in Halo 5 is ‘Thruster Sprint’ not agility Sprint. In campaign Blue team and Fireteam Osiris have more technologicaly advanced armour compared to the ordinary Spartain IV.

Blue Team is a Spartan-II team. They wear Mark VI Gen 1 armor variants. Fireteam Osiris is Spartan-IV, wearing Mark VI Gen 2. Blue Team’s armor should actually be less advanced than a typical Spartan-IV’s. Here are some points.
1: They got an armor upgrade at some point before Halo 5. If that were true, they should be a lot stronger. Spartan-IIs had way more physical augmentation than Spartan-IVs, so if they’re wearing Spartan-IV armor, they should be way more powerful than they are.
2: Really, everything indicates that someone just slapped thrusters on their armor.
3: Master Chief’s armor was actually augmented by nanobots in between Halo 3 and Halo 4. If anything, he should be stronger than any other Spartan. Nowhere is this reflected.
Why would Fireteam Osiris have better armor than typical Spartan-IVs? One could argue that they were given upgraded armor to help them hunt down Blue Team, but
1: Osiris takes place before they were ordered to hunt down Blue Team, and there’s no change in gameplay there.
2: They basically headed out immediately after getting their orders. Not evene the slightest indication of an armor upgrade.

> 2533274967369999;16:
> The suit’s power cycling only allows it operate one function at a time and it needs to dedicate power for the thrusters in the back to allow for sustained sprinting…
> For energy shield recharge the suit needs to dedicate power for that and once it finishes the rebooting of the energy shields they will start to recharge.
> In addition the suit dedicates a smaller power reserve for Thruster Evade, and Charge.

Using the Thruster Pack has a cooldown. Sprinting can continue indefinitely. If anything, that means that sprinting should only require a small amount of power, while the quick thrust would require dedication from the armor.
If it’s really “dedicating power” to the sprinting, then it wouldn’t have power to recharge the shields while sprinting. It takes more power to actually recharge the shields than to prep for recharging. Unless your argument is that it needs to store power for the shield recharge until it has all the necessary power, in which case the shields should recharge faster for a small bit of damage than a full shield takedown, but they don’t.

Also, let’s bring up Banshees. In Halo 5, 343 gave Banshees energy shields, and that breaks down any argument about shields failing to recharge while sprinting.
While a Banshee is boosting, it’s rerouting power to the thrusters so it can go faster. Since it’s rerouting power, it’s unable to fire while boosting. However, it can still recharge its shield while boosting, because whoever designed the Banshee apparently understands that shields are important thing survival, while whoever designed thruster packs does not.