How To Change Active Camo

Alright so this my opinion on how Camo can be changed to make it useful but not cheap at the same time. Feel free to disagree with me but please no flaming.

  1. Remove the radar jamming system. I found this to be particularly annoying since it really made identifying where the other team was difficult. Instead of a radar jamming system, 343 could make it so whenever you use your Camo the dot on the radar starts blinking that way people know that you are in camo and they can be cautious.

  2. When you move you shouldn’t be partially visible. Bring it back to how it worked in the original trilogy when you were completely camouflaged unless receiving damage or shooting.

Why I think this works: because neither side is at any significant advantage, the player using the camo doesn’t have to be frustrated when moving around the map, and the player on the opposite team won’t be killed instantly without knowing what had just happened.

Again this is my opinion.

EDIT: also i would make the recharge time somewhat longer so a player wouldn’t be using it constantly in one life. Additionally, the player using camo could not hear his surrondings similar to how it was in reach. Thank you for mentioning that sikboy.

possibly a 5 second burst of pure camo and a ten second recharge similar to Halo 2 for the arbiter.

Another possiblity to nerf camo somewhat is to be unable to sprint while using it thank you MFROG5 for the suggestion

> Alright so this my opinion on how Camo can be changed to make it useful but not cheap at the same time. Feel free to disagree with me but please no flaming.
>
> 1. Remove the radar jamming system. I found this to be particularly annoying since it really made identifying where the other team was difficult. Instead of a radar jamming system, 343 could make it so whenever you use your Camo the dot on the radar starts blinking that way people know that you are in camo and they can be cautious.
>
> 2. When you move you shouldn’t be partially visible. Bring it back to how it worked in the original trilogy when you were completely camouflaged unless receiving damage or shooting.
>
> Why I think this works: because neither side is at any significant advantage, the player using the camo doesn’t have to be frustrated when moving around the map, and the player on the opposite team won’t be killed instantly without knowing what had just happened.
>
> Again this is my opinion.

Good fix.
I agree.

  • III P u r 3 III -

this is pretty much what i was thinking!

i think it would work

Unless you change the duration and/or recharge time this idea makes active camo way too op.

Or they could just make it a power-up placing it on the map instead of having access to it off spawn.

No. If the game tribes ascend has shown me anything it’s that good invisibility is too powerful. I’m not saying bring the radar back as that was awful but there must be a better solution then giving good invisibility out to ever passer by who asks for it. Could you imagine the massive games of hide and seek if both teams mainly used invis? [Cringe]

Invis needs a solution but not this.

> Unless you change the duration and/or recharge time this idea makes active camo way too op.

oh i was going to mention that but it slipped my mind yes i agree

> No. If the game tribes ascend has shown me anything it’s that good invisibility is too powerful. I’m not saying bring the radar back as that was awful but there must be a better solution then giving good invisibility out to ever passer by who asks for it. Could you imagine the massive games of hide and seek if both teams mainly used invis? [Cringe]
>
> Invis needs a solution but not this.

do you have a better idea i could edit it into my post?

> > No. If the game tribes ascend has shown me anything it’s that good invisibility is too powerful. I’m not saying bring the radar back as that was awful but there must be a better solution then giving good invisibility out to ever passer by who asks for it. Could you imagine the massive games of hide and seek if both teams mainly used invis? [Cringe]
> >
> > Invis needs a solution but not this.
>
> do you have a better idea i could edit it into my post?

dunno, I’ll get back to you on that.

> > No. If the game tribes ascend has shown me anything it’s that good invisibility is too powerful. I’m not saying bring the radar back as that was awful but there must be a better solution then giving good invisibility out to ever passer by who asks for it. Could you imagine the massive games of hide and seek if both teams mainly used invis? [Cringe]
> >
> > Invis needs a solution but not this.
>
> do you have a better idea i could edit it into my post?

show the camo users on radar at all times even when stationary and maybe make camo a little easier to see?

What about a customisable invis? This way you can change invis to how [insert your name here] likes it.

You could choose good invis but a radar jammer

Reasonable invis [same as reach] but no jammer [you appear on radar]

Complete invis until you move with no jammer

this might work as it fits 343s customisable theme and you could use credits to unlock different variants (or perks that benefit your invis).

> What about a customisable invis? This way you can change invis to how [insert your name here] likes it.
>
> You could choose good invis but a radar jammer
>
> Reasonable invis [same as reach] but no jammer [you appear on radar]
>
> Complete invis until you move?
>
> this might work as it fits 343s customisable theme

by a good invis does that mean one that camouflages you fully?

> > What about a customisable invis? This way you can change invis to how [insert your name here] likes it.
> >
> > You could choose good invis but a radar jammer
> >
> > Reasonable invis [same as reach] but no jammer [you appear on radar]
> >
> > Complete invis until you move?
> >
> > this might work as it fits 343s customisable theme
>
> by a good invis does that mean one that camouflages you fully?

yes, like in Halo 3.

Complete invis could mean invisible even when you shoot - or just really good invis (no blur)

The Title Updated variation of the Reach Camo balanced it out a lot more with other abilities. You shouldn’t be able to just pop in and out of it and get the jump on any player that you come across like you could in previous titles.

There should be a delay between when you can attack and when your Camo deactivates. yoFor example, pressing the trigger once would deactivate the Camo, a couple of seconds after that, you would be able to fire your weapon again. It would give the target a chance to get a few shots in.

You should be able to detect a player using Camo with Promethean/Forerunner Vision.

There should also be a sound when you activate the ability. Like a sort of buzzing that gets louder as the Camo user gets closer.

It’ll probably be the most abused ability regardless of what changes are made to it. Invisibility is invisibility.

> Or they could just make it a power-up placing it on the map instead of having access to it off spawn.

Why don’t you try suggesting something 343 might actually consider doing?
Unless you have something constructive to say, don’t say anything at all…

  • III P u r 3 III -

> > > What about a customisable invis? This way you can change invis to how [insert your name here] likes it.
> > >
> > > You could choose good invis but a radar jammer
> > >
> > > Reasonable invis [same as reach] but no jammer [you appear on radar]
> > >
> > > Complete invis until you move?
> > >
> > > this might work as it fits 343s customisable theme
> >
> > by a good invis does that mean one that camouflages you fully?
>
> yes, like in Halo 3.
>
> Complete invis could mean invisible even when you shoot - or just really good invis (no blur)

Oh i see, but wouldn’t that make camo a bit overpowered because not only are you completly invisible but there is a radar jammar so there is no way for the enemy to tell where you are it just seems to much in favor of the one using camo

> > Or they could just make it a power-up placing it on the map instead of having access to it off spawn.
>
> Why don’t you try suggesting something 343 might actually consider doing?
> Unless you have something constructive to say, don’t say anything at all…
>
> - III P u r 3 III -

Because putting it on the map is a better idea.

> > > > What about a customisable invis? This way you can change invis to how [insert your name here] likes it.
> > > >
> > > > You could choose good invis but a radar jammer
> > > >
> > > > Reasonable invis [same as reach] but no jammer [you appear on radar]
> > > >
> > > > Complete invis until you move?
> > > >
> > > > this might work as it fits 343s customisable theme
> > >
> > > by a good invis does that mean one that camouflages you fully?
> >
> > yes, like in Halo 3.
> >
> > Complete invis could mean invisible even when you shoot - or just really good invis (no blur)
>
> Oh i see, but wouldn’t that make camo a bit overpowered because not only are you completly invisible but there is a radar jammar so there is no way for the enemy to tell where you are it just seems to much in favor of the one using camo

Changed post complete invis class has no radar jammer. I also like the buzzing idea but it could get a bit annoying

I have an idea. Here’s a complete rehaul:
-Make camo last five seconds MAX with a ten second recharge time
-You can move freely and remain completely invisible
-You cannot sprint with camo
-Radar jamming is removed
-You still show up on the radar as if you were a player without camo
-Shooting (excluding melee) will immediately reveal your character and drain remaining energy

> > > Or they could just make it a power-up placing it on the map instead of having access to it off spawn.
> >
> > Why don’t you try suggesting something 343 might actually consider doing?
> > Unless you have something constructive to say, don’t say anything at all…
> >
> > - III P u r 3 III -
>
> Because putting it on the map is a better idea.

This solves a lot of problems but lowers Spartan customisation. Personally I’m against AA but 343 has confirmed them so you better start coming up with something constructive!