How to build the Infinite Community

This video is perfect in regards to rewards & armour customisation. I really hope 343 understands this.

What are your thoughts?

I skimmed the video and it seems like yet another one of those pretentious YouTube rants from a guy who thinks he knows how to “fix” Halo and reclaim his childhood.

It even has Late Night Gaming as a top comment. Called it.

They can get everything right in Infinite but there will always be that one person that’s like “this game is terrible because of…”. It prob wont be perfect but it they go in the right direction for it and listen to their players feedback then I can see Halo being built back up.

> 2533274801472802;2:
> I skimmed the video and it seems like yet another one of those pretentious YouTube rants from a guy who thinks he knows how to “fix” Halo and reclaim his childhood.
>
> It even has Late Night Gaming as a top comment. Called it.

its not ive watched the video fully and he explains how rewarding players with cosmetics makes players feel proud and how making sorta of role models for the community inspires other players i can’t explain it that well but you should watch the video

> 2535454088782009;4:
> > 2533274801472802;2:
> > I skimmed the video and it seems like yet another one of those pretentious YouTube rants from a guy who thinks he knows how to “fix” Halo and reclaim his childhood.
> >
> > It even has Late Night Gaming as a top comment. Called it.
>
> its not ive watched the video fully and he explains how rewarding players with cosmetics makes players feel proud and how making sorta of role models for the community inspires other players i can’t explain it that well but you should watch the video

So in short it is a total waste of time since everyone who played more than one Halo title knows about this already.

> 2533274886490718;5:
> > 2535454088782009;4:
> > > 2533274801472802;2:
> > > I skimmed the video and it seems like yet another one of those pretentious YouTube rants from a guy who thinks he knows how to “fix” Halo and reclaim his childhood.
> > >
> > > It even has Late Night Gaming as a top comment. Called it.
> >
> > its not ive watched the video fully and he explains how rewarding players with cosmetics makes players feel proud and how making sorta of role models for the community inspires other players i can’t explain it that well but you should watch the video
>
> So in short it is a total waste of time since everyone who played more than one Halo title knows about this already.

no not really i didn’t explain that well so what the video is basically trying to explain is that having a reward system encourages people to play differently and experiment with play styles and the rewards from the achievements shows other players that you earned and took the time to get that achievement and encourages other people to try and get that achievement

> 2533274801472802;2:
> I skimmed the video and it seems like yet another one of those pretentious YouTube rants from a guy who thinks he knows how to “fix” Halo and reclaim his childhood.
>

The sheer toxicity is sad.

> 2533274876991706;7:
> > 2533274801472802;2:
> > I skimmed the video and it seems like yet another one of those pretentious YouTube rants from a guy who thinks he knows how to “fix” Halo and reclaim his childhood.
> >
> > It even has Late Night Gaming as a top comment. Called it.
>
> The sheer toxicity is sad.

where? hes explaining his opinion on the subject ill admit he used to be extremely toxic but not anymore he explains his reason with almost no toxicity at all

> 2533274801472802;2:
>

Eh, I could see Favyn, LNG, and that whole crowd as coming off as pretentious but honestly I think their content is usually really insightful. I’d rather you debate the content if you disagree than write videos or Youtubers off as pretentious because you don’t like that somebody is talking about their views on Halo.

But I will say, there really truly is pretention in the Halo YouTube community. I found this new Youtuber via Reddit and man… the levels of pretention (and not only that but self-indulgence, pridefulness, and self-importance) are off the wall.

> 2535454088782009;8:
> > 2533274876991706;7:
> > > 2533274801472802;2:
> > > I skimmed the video and it seems like yet another one of those pretentious YouTube rants from a guy who thinks he knows how to “fix” Halo and reclaim his childhood.
> > >
> > > It even has Late Night Gaming as a top comment. Called it.
> >
> > The sheer toxicity is sad.
>
> where? hes explaining his opinion on the subject ill admit he used to be extremely toxic but not anymore he explains his reason with almost no toxicity at all

His commenf is essentially; “I find no value in this.” But he didn’t even watch it.

There is insight to be found, I don’t really watch Favyn but Late Night Gaming is usually right. Classic art style return? Yep. Classic gameplay return? Yep! No more microtransactions? Please.

> 2533274876991706;10:
> > 2535454088782009;8:
> > > 2533274876991706;7:
> > > > 2533274801472802;2:
> > > > I skimmed the video and it seems like yet another one of those pretentious YouTube rants from a guy who thinks he knows how to “fix” Halo and reclaim his childhood.
> > > >
> > > > It even has Late Night Gaming as a top comment. Called it.
> > >
> > > The sheer toxicity is sad.
> >
> > where? hes explaining his opinion on the subject ill admit he used to be extremely toxic but not anymore he explains his reason with almost no toxicity at all
>
> His commenf is essentially; “I find no value in this.” But he didn’t even watch it.
>
> There is insight to be found, I don’t really watch Favyn but Late Night Gaming is usually right. Classic art style return? Yep. Classic gameplay return? Yep! No more microtransactions? Please.

oh i thought you were talking about the dude in the video my bad

> 2535454088782009;11:
> > 2533274876991706;10:
> > > 2535454088782009;8:
> > > > 2533274876991706;7:
> > > > > 2533274801472802;2:
> > > > > I skimmed the video and it seems like yet another one of those pretentious YouTube rants from a guy who thinks he knows how to “fix” Halo and reclaim his childhood.
> > > > >
> > > > > It even has Late Night Gaming as a top comment. Called it.
> > > >
> > > > The sheer toxicity is sad.
> > >
> > > where? hes explaining his opinion on the subject ill admit he used to be extremely toxic but not anymore he explains his reason with almost no toxicity at all
> >
> > His commenf is essentially; “I find no value in this.” But he didn’t even watch it.
> >
> > There is insight to be found, I don’t really watch Favyn but Late Night Gaming is usually right. Classic art style return? Yep. Classic gameplay return? Yep! No more microtransactions? Please.
>
> oh i thought you were talking about the dude in the video my bad

No worries bro!

> 2533274801472802;2:
>

Sure, Favyn has a pretentious tone, but that doesn’t make the points he makes useless. Favyn can annoy with how little he is willing to concede to 343 in terms of changing movement mechanics in Halo, but he gets it right in this video.

> 2535454088782009;6:
> > 2533274886490718;5:
> > > 2535454088782009;4:
> > > > 2533274801472802;2:
> > > > I skimmed the video and it seems like yet another one of those pretentious YouTube rants from a guy who thinks he knows how to “fix” Halo and reclaim his childhood.
> > > >
> > > > It even has Late Night Gaming as a top comment. Called it.
> > >
> > > its not ive watched the video fully and he explains how rewarding players with cosmetics makes players feel proud and how making sorta of role models for the community inspires other players i can’t explain it that well but you should watch the video
> >
> > So in short it is a total waste of time since everyone who played more than one Halo title knows about this already.
>
> no not really i didn’t explain that well so what the video is basically trying to explain is that having a reward system encourages people to play differently and experiment with play styles and the rewards from the achievements shows other players that you earned and took the time to get that achievement and encourages other people to try and get that achievement

… That’s exactly what I’ve been saying. This is no news.
You don’t have to watch a video to figure this out, like I said, playing more than the latest Halo game
combined with a grain of common sense should be enough to get to this conclusion.

> 2533274886490718;14:
> > 2535454088782009;6:
> > > 2533274886490718;5:
> > > > 2535454088782009;4:
> > > > > 2533274801472802;2:
> > > > > I skimmed the video and it seems like yet another one of those pretentious YouTube rants from a guy who thinks he knows how to “fix” Halo and reclaim his childhood.
> > > > >
> > > > > It even has Late Night Gaming as a top comment. Called it.
> > > >
> > > > its not ive watched the video fully and he explains how rewarding players with cosmetics makes players feel proud and how making sorta of role models for the community inspires other players i can’t explain it that well but you should watch the video
> > >
> > > So in short it is a total waste of time since everyone who played more than one Halo title knows about this already.
> >
> > no not really i didn’t explain that well so what the video is basically trying to explain is that having a reward system encourages people to play differently and experiment with play styles and the rewards from the achievements shows other players that you earned and took the time to get that achievement and encourages other people to try and get that achievement
>
> … That’s exactly what I’ve been saying. This is no news.
> You don’t have to watch a video to figure this out, like I said, playing more than the latest Halo game
> combined with a grain of common sense should be enough to get to this conclusion.

part of it is that micro transactions do hurt the games community even if they were only cosmetic because it removes the pride of earning an achievement to get that item but thats not the whole video though i said im bad at explaining it but you should watch it if you watch for the firsr 4 minutes you would understand

I’ve viewed this a while back. But may I suggest to include a tl;dr by OP. It would be good practice, and gets people into the discussion without committing to 30 minutes of video.