How to become a marksman?

I am a really bad sniper, and especially in Halo 4. It’s like I pick up the weapon just to waste it’s ammo.

So how do I improve? How much pressure do you put on the analog stick while aiming? Do you guys scope twice? Do you swipe-shoot? Tell me your secret to constantly headshotting me in the Snipers playlist.

Hey, guys. What about answering some technical questions like:

1. On a scale from 1-10 how much pressure do you put on your analog stick while aiming? 1 will feel like wedging. 10 will basically be you scoping.

2. What sensitivy are you using?

3. Do you move the analog stick fast or slow when aiming? Do you try to carefully and slowly move your aim at the opponent, or do you just swipe fast and hope for a headshot.

4. Do you get a headshot by aiming at the chest?

If there’s more you feel I should know, please elaborate.

The key tip I would give to players learning to snipe is aim for two body shots instead of headshots. As cool as a headshot is, going for the bodyshot is really the ‘safe’ option.

> The key tip I would give to players learning to snipe is aim for two body shots instead of headshots. As cool as a headshot is, going for the bodyshot is really the ‘safe’ option.

I thought it sounded like a good idea until I figured out I can’t even hit 2 bodyshots.

I try to aim were the head range is located if that makes sense.

Get a buddy and go to customs. Or lower your sensitivity. I only play on 5.

> I am a really bad sniper, and especially in Halo 4. It’s like I pick up the weapon just to waste it’s ammo.
>
> So how do I improve? How much pressure do you put on the analog stick while aiming? Do you guys scope twice? Do you swipe-shoot? Tell me your secret to constantly headshotting me in the Snipers playlist.

Hey, guys. What about answering some technical questions like:

1. On a scale from 1-10 how much pressure do you put on your analog stick while aiming? 1 will feel like wedging. 10 will basically be you scoping.

2. What sensitivy are you using?

3. Do you move the analog stick fast or slow when aiming? Do you try to carefully and slowly move your at aim, or do you just swipe fast and hope for a headshot.

4. Do you get a headshot by aiming at the chest?

If there’s more you feel I should know, please elaborate.

I find my playing to vary from day to day some times I’m good some times I just brake even.

I don’t bother sniping on maps I’m not used to yet.

I only one scope or shoot from the hip. Head shot when scoped body shots when not but may go for the head depends what comes 1st.

If you using the covenant or human sniper rifles I go for longer range with Promethean I go in a bit closer to the fights.

But if I haven’t used one in a while of one type I get a bit rusty.

I look forward to comments from expert snipers but here are some tips that helped me go from absolute worst sniper in the world to starting to improve. I used to be lucky to get 1 or 2 kills in team snipers but now I am starting to make headway so here are my tips

1. Treat the sniper like a DMR, this is kind of a mental thing. I used to panic for some reason with the sniper and felt like I needed to hurry up and get kills. So relax with it.

2. For closer to medium range don’t scope in and go for 2 body shots. Aim around the neck area and you will some times get a 1 shot kill. Once I stopped trying to zoom all the time I started doing better.

3. Quick Zoom - I had been playing halo for years and didn’t even know you could do a quick zoom by holding down the zoom and not releasing and then when you do release you go out of zoom. This saves time from the typical double tap to get out of zoom.

4. For real close range if somebody is charging you I have gotten pretty good at just charge them back and do a 1 shot to the body followed by melee. This is a quick kill.

5. Trust your aim - In swat I have no problem trusting my aim for head shots and play relaxed. At some point you have to do the same with the sniper rifle and not wait for the perfect case where the target is stationary and you have time to zoom in and get a head shot, that rarely happens in team snipers and not very much in other game types either.

Anyone can snipe in this game how are you having a hard time with this?

> I look forward to comments from expert snipers but here are some tips that helped me go from absolute worst sniper in the world to starting to improve. I used to be lucky to get 1 or 2 kills in team snipers but now I am starting to make headway so here are my tips
>
> 1) Treat the sniper like a DMR, this is kind of a mental thing. I used to panic for some reason with the sniper and felt like I needed to hurry up and get kills. So relax with it.
>
> 2) For closer to medium range don’t scope in and go for 2 body shots. Aim around the neck area and you will some times get a 1 shot kill. Once I stopped trying to zoom all the time I started doing better.
>
> <mark>3) Quick Zoom - I had been playing halo for years and didn’t even know you could do a quick zoom by holding down the zoom and not releasing and then when you do release you go out of zoom. This saves time from the typical double tap to get out of zoom.</mark>
>
> 4) For real close range if somebody is charging you I have gotten pretty good at just charge them back and do a 1 shot to the body followed by melee. This is a quick kill.
>
> 5) Trust your aim - In swat I have no problem trusting my aim for head shots and play relaxed. At some point you have to do the same with the sniper rifle and not wait for the perfect case where the target is stationary and you have time to zoom in and get a head shot, that rarely happens in team snipers and not very much in other game types either.

I have played Halo since 2001. Is that only possible for Halo 4? I never knew about that.

> I am a really bad sniper, and especially in Halo 4. It’s like I pick up the weapon just to waste it’s ammo.
>
> So how do I improve? How much pressure do you put on the analog stick while aiming? Do you guys scope twice? Do you swipe-shoot? Tell me your secret to constantly headshotting me in the Snipers playlist.
>
> Hey, guys. What about answering some technical questions like:
>
> 1. On a scale from 1-10 how much pressure do you put on your analog stick while aiming? 1 will feel like wedging. 10 will basically be you scoping.
>
> 2. What sensitivy are you using?
>
> 3. Do you move the analog stick fast or slow when aiming? Do you try to carefully and slowly move your aim at the opponent, or do you just swipe fast and hope for a headshot.
>
> 4. Do you get a headshot by aiming at the chest?
>
> If there’s more you feel I should know, please elaborate.

I will try to give as much detail as possible and hopefully it will help you, but understand that you cannot become an ‘expert marksman’ in a day or so.

1. It depends on the distance, if they are close I move a lot faster with the stick so maybe (6) and if they are far very little as you have to realise that further away they are the less you need to move in regards to who you are aiming at… that didn’t sound right, but hopefully you can gather something from it.

For the scoping I do, usually I stay at scoped once, mainly if they are moving and if they are far away and staying still I will double scope.

1. For sniping it is usually best to have lower, like 2-3 so when scoping in quite far, you can move very little. HOWEVER! I personally use 5-7 depending on how I am feeling, usually stick at 6 as it feels the best for me. It ensures I can move fast so no scoping is pretty easy but once you get used to pressure you can still move very little even on a higher sensitivity.

2. Honestly, this is a great questions! I try to stay slow but it depends on the target and whether they are slow/fast and whether they see me/attacking me. If they are attacking me I will try to swipe it over them. Especially if they are moving and jumping.

Typically, I will move it slow and take my time and go for the head but if I can’t I will try to get them twice in the body fast. That is really important as if you don’t get the second shot off instantly they can easily jump around and get to cover.

1. No you do not. Headshot… Head… shot. :slight_smile:

I am no pro, but I am above par I would think with a sniper and usually come out with a good K/D in Snipers. Or just using the Sniper I usually do pretty well. When Sniping, you have to take into consideration everything. So whether they are moving or staying still, whether they can see you and/or attacking at you. At close range, if they are attacking you I recommend two body shots, or a ‘swipe’ headshot (As in you get your scope level with their head and just let your clip out).

I don’t know what else to cover, just practice. Plain and simple, practice makes perfect but if you are not that good, just don’t try to go all combat sniper where you go to them, just be a sniper and sit back and get those kills.

Hope this helps :slight_smile: