How to be a better team player?

Here is my stats:

http://www.halotracker.com/H4/about265jews

2.02 ratio in TS (46% win)

3.07 ratio in Flags (56% win)

2.65 ratio in KoH (0% win <- lulz)

2.21 ratio overall (42% win)

Here is the part that I don’t get, at all. How come I can’t get an above win ratio in slayer even though that I have some what of a good ratio. Granted that I play with pubs, but I’m still really confused at what I should really do to get my win rate up. Especially in Slayer where only your kills matter, I don’t get how I am losing so much.

The only really big flaw of my play imo is when I go on tlit, I just swap out precision weapons for an AR and jetpack and just charge in like a mother -Yoink-, which gets me killed even more. -_-

Communication is key!

My team and i went from total rusty at Halo to winning 8/10 matches.

Also, having a SOLID team and not randoms/random joining friends would help.

You need to be gaming with a group that’s in mic communication! If you need a team, try adding me – heck, you might fit in with us lol

> Communication is key!
>
>
> My team and i went from total rusty at Halo to winning 8/10 matches.
>
> Also, having a SOLID team and not randoms/random joining friends would help.

This. It helps to know who is going where and picking up what at the start of a match, updating your team about various things (what weapons are the enemies using? where are they? what armor abilities are they using? did they get the weapon you were going after? did they kill you and take a notable weapon?)

So yeah. You want people you can communicate with and it always helps to provide backup.

Sounds easy, but either everybody is in a party or more commonly everybody is out on their own with no mic.

I am a college student, which means I can only play from time to time, this makes it impossible for me to even get a group of xboxlive friends going.

TC it looks like you’ve got some good skill.
Want to learn about teamwork? Join my group, if I catch you being selfish believe me I’ll scold you for it lol.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm1821095_Halo-Masters-Society-still-recruiting.aspx#post1821095

Are you sure? I only play from time to time, as in like once or twice or zero times a week.

> Are you sure? I only play from time to time, as in like once or twice or zero times a week.

I’m a college student too, 4.0 GPA. Real life comes first bro. Play when you can.

Here’s my piece of advice:
It’s often (I mean usu… always) impossible to get the whole team working together, so the moment you spawn, start following the teammate that is closest to you.
Considering most people still walk around the maps alone, you’ll have great advantage.
Most people (unless idiots who don’t care about K/D at all and only want to get kills on their own) will immediately notice the advantage they gained JUST BY NOT GOING SEPARATELY.

If you’d like to think of it differently, you’re increasing the K/D of at least one player on your team, ultimately helping the whole team to win.

heres another one, don’t emp your own mantis, your gonna need it.

For slayer,just use the OP DMR and find a good place to camp. Then just spam the fire button until everyone dies.

For objective games, you need to have good team mates. Most of the time, you’ll get team mates that think every game mode is slayer and will completely ignore the objectives.