How to Balance Stickies and Frags

This was my idea on how to balance out plasma grenades and frag grenades if both will be available in loadouts:

Frags are kept basically the same as the always are.
Plasma grenades can only kill if stuck to a person. If the enemy is not stuck and the grenade goes off next to them, they will take damage, but not be killed.

I think this, couple with the frags’ bouncing abilities and longer throw distance, will keep them pretty even and people could choose one or the other.

[deleted]

So closer to the Spike Grenades of H3, where hit or miss was a very fine line (unless you had a good time with the spikes coming out, which was rare)? I could live with that. Although I would prefer a fuse length increase than a radius decrease. I’d like grenades more if I once again had a chance to avoid them when they were thrown.

Better yet, add a “casting time” for grenades, like in H3, where it took a second to take out and throw a grenade. Forces better nade placement, and combined with a radius/fuse nerf (but not damage nerf), I could see nades becoming a much better and more balanced element of the sandbox.

So sure. I guess I’d like that, but also a bit more done to nades as a whole to put them back in line. Things got out of hand for both frags and stickys in Reach.

I rather we just keep things the way they were in Halo 3 the grenades weren’t as much as a tool used to kill but more of injure or throw a vehicle off balance, unlike the ones we saw in Halo reach.

so more akin to the CE sticky grenades?

“I rather we <mark>just keep things the way they were in Halo 3 the grenades were as much as a tool used to kill but more of injure or throw a vehicle off balance</mark>, unlike the ones we saw in Halo reach.”

Please no granukes, make them like in Halo 3 not Hand MOABs in Reach

> So closer to the Spike Grenades of H3, where hit or miss was a very fine line (unless you had a good time with the spikes coming out, which was rare)? I could live with that. Although I would prefer a fuse length increase than a radius decrease. I’d like grenades more if I once again had a chance to avoid them when they were thrown.
>
> Better yet, add a “casting time” for grenades, like in H3, where it took a second to take out and throw a grenade. Forces better nade placement, and combined with a radius/fuse nerf (but not damage nerf), I could see nades becoming a much better and more balanced element of the sandbox.
>
> So sure. I guess I’d like that, but also a bit more done to nades as a whole to put them back in line. Things got out of hand for both frags and stickys in Reach.

Ya, I don’t want another place like that area above the green elevator in Sword Base in Reach… I can never see through the smoke of so many explosions.

IMO, Plasma and Frag grenades are already balanced enough. Nerfing the Plasma Grenades would make it more unbalanced.