How the Xbox One announcements affect Halo 5

So, you can pre-order an Xbox One without Kinect. And Microsoft is finally letting us use Netflix without an Xbox Live Gold subscription. Plus, more Games with Gold including Spartan Assault for Xbox One. What does this mean for Halo?

1. Microsoft is responding to its customers. Hooray! Imagine if 343 had listened to customers back when Halo 4’s multi-player population was plummeting.

2. Halo for Xbox One probably won’t have Kinect features, or at least no Kinect features for multi-player. The Xbox One population will be splintered between those with Kinect (plugged in) and those without Kinect. Developers therefore have to make games that work without Kinect just like with the Xbox 360. When was the last AAA title on Xbox 360 that had Kinect features?

3. A free Halo game to Xbox One early adopters might be preaching to the choir, but considering the below sea level popularity of Halo 4 multiplayer, preaching to the choir isn’t a bad marketing move.

Like Siri, Kinect (in its current form) will never reach mainstream use. They both are and always will be gimmicks, outclassed in usefulness and ease-of-use by buttons.

However, unlike Apple, Microsoft doesn’t know when to stop hyping its gimmicks up.

While I think taking Kinect out of the box and lowering the price is a great thing for those that don’t have an Xbox One, it pisses me off seeing I bought mine last month. I think that announcing it a month before they do it was kind of on the moronic side, as no one is going to buy one until the price drops.

As for how it will affect Halo I can only see it as a good thing. The more One’s they sell the more people are probably going to get a copy of Halo. The more people that buy Halo the bigger the MP community will be.

> While I think taking Kinect out of the box and lowering the price is a great thing for those that don’t have an Xbox One, it pisses me off seeing I bought mine last month.

Lol, that just comes with being an early adopter. Everyone knows that the price drops soon after release. Same thing happened with the Xbox 360.

Let’s just hope people don’t go insane (again) if a unique Kinect feature is put in.

I do not how this will convince me how this will effect Halo 5. Dropping the price, from a business standpoint, makes sense since the PS4 is outselling the XB1. Dropping the kinect was smart since most games don’t use it, and the one game released specifically for kinect sucked, thus lowering the reason to buy it early…at least for me. Don’t need some guy on the inside to figure it out.

Its a good sign that -Yoink!- is pulling their head out of their bum, but not enough to me to say 343 is doing a Halo 2 remake.