How the trailer should come?

In my opinion they should do it the same way as GTA5. That way all the gaming sites have all their attention on the one trailer and for that one day (if not week), all people are talking about is that game.

That would be the way to do it IMO (although waiting until E3 might be a good idea as well).

Waiting till E3 for a single trailer doesn’t seem viable for a game that’s going to be released in the soon to be next year. It’s safe to say we’ll be getting much more information and trailers long before E3 happens.

> Waiting till E3 for a single trailer doesn’t seem viable for a game that’s going to be released in the soon to be next year. It’s safe to say we’ll be getting much more information and trailers long before E3 happens.

“Safe to say”. Hmmm. I am not sure it is set in stone we’ll be getting more info. 6 months and we have had nothing apart from the game is being made. (oh and some concept art- so nothing of in game). The halo 4 panel was probably the biggest waste of an hour in human memory.

I hope we get some more info, but i have a feeling we won’t hear anything till E3

> Waiting till E3 for a single trailer doesn’t seem viable for a game that’s going to be released in the soon to be next year. It’s safe to say we’ll be getting much more information and trailers long before E3 happens.

Exactly. E3 is quite a long wait just to see 1 trailer. We should probably get a trailer next year if Microsoft holds another one of their Microsoft “X” Events like they did in 2010. Bungie debuted their first ViDoc that day. So maybe then.

> “Safe to say”. Hmmm. I am not sure it is set in stone we’ll be getting more info. 6 months and we have had nothing apart from the game is being made. (oh and some concept art- so nothing of in game). The halo 4 panel was probably the biggest waste of an hour in human memory.
>
> I hope we get some more info, but i have a feeling we won’t hear anything till E3

How so? If 343 wants to keep the anticipation up and Halo 4 fresh in players minds till release, they will reveal information before E3 as there is only just a few months after the event till Halo 4’s release date.

No new information and trailers for two seasons (Winter and Spring) for a AAA title is overkill. We’ll definitely get something before Summer hits but there is no question more will be revealed for Halo 4 at E3. I just don’t think it’s fair to keep the players/consumers waiting till Summer. As you stated before, not much was revealed at Halo Fest and we have only one teaser trailer (which was well done i might add).

> Exactly. E3 is quite a long wait just to see 1 trailer. We should probably get a trailer next year if Microsoft holds another one of their Microsoft “X” Events like they did in 2010. Bungie debuted their first ViDoc that day. So maybe then.

This is a more likely scenario that makes sense rather waiting to E3. I can agree with you on this. Time to ride hype train folks :).

> In my opinion they should do it the same way as GTA5. That way all the gaming sites have all their attention on the one trailer and for that one day (if not week), all people are talking about is that game.
>
> That would be the way to do it IMO (although waiting until E3 might be a good idea as well).

Well think: when was the last time you ever saw a year long delay between announcement and any information? Game devolopers release BTS videos and trailers on their own time. Event showings are usually the really big things, yes, but we’ll have a pretty good idea of how it looks, what the story is, etc. before E3.

Why does 343i need to wait for some big convention? it’s not like they’re announcing Halo 4 for the first time, people are already watching for new Halo 4 info, and you got gamers in news companies like Gametrailers, IGN, and Machinima on youtube. 343i doesn’t need to show every trailer they have at some big convention, all they have to do is post it on their web site, the waypoint app, their youtube channel, send it to some of the game magazine companies, and over to gametrailers.com, and things will pick up from there. People tell other people about the trailer, the video would end up all over youtube, facebook will talk about it, G4’s Attack of the Show might talk about it.

I don’t know why you people think that 343i needs to show off at some convention, it’s not game developer law, if they want to wait for a convention, that’s fine, but in reality they are more likely to just one day announce that they’re going to post a new trailer, and then with in 3 hours, that trailer will be over the net.

> > “Safe to say”. Hmmm. I am not sure it is set in stone we’ll be getting more info. 6 months and we have had nothing apart from the game is being made. (oh and some concept art- so nothing of in game). The halo 4 panel was probably the biggest waste of an hour in human memory.
> >
> > I hope we get some more info, but i have a feeling we won’t hear anything till E3
>
> How so? If 343 wants to keep the anticipation up and Halo 4 fresh in players minds till release, they will reveal information before E3 as there is only just a few months after the event till Halo 4’s release date.
>
>
> No new information and trailers for two seasons (Winter and Spring) for a AAA title is overkill. We’ll definitely get something before Summer hits but there is no question more will be revealed for Halo 4 at E3. I just don’t think it’s fair to keep the players/consumers waiting till Summer. As you stated before, not much was revealed at Halo Fest and we have only one teaser trailer (which was well done i might add).

I agree with you, but the bold points are ones which are not for certain. After the E3 announcement this year I am sure many people would have said we will definitely hear something by the end of the year. People still are. But we will not. Therefore, I reckon, as following the pattern set out by 343 so far, we will not hear anything until E3 or PAX

L1NNET are you crazy?

This is the plan:

  1. Release of Primordium in January.

  2. 1-2 months of terrible silence.

  3. GameInformer Cover Reveal with a one month long flood of news, and along with that a new trailer as well.

  4. Random BTS vids and ome trailers, possibly a BETA.

  5. Big reveals about multiple modes.

6)E3,Possible new HaloFest= loads of info.

7)Release.

Expect the game to be revealed around March, April at the latest.

> L1NNET are you crazy?
>
> This is the plan:
>
> 1) Release of Primordium in January.
>
> 2) 1-2 months of terrible silence.
>
> 3) GameInformer Cover Reveal with a one month long flood of news, and along with that a new trailer as well.
>
> 4) Random BTS vids and ome trailers, possibly a BETA.
>
> 5) Big reveals about multiple modes.
>
> 6)E3,Possible new HaloFest= loads of info.
>
> 7)Release.
>
> Expect the game to be revealed around March, April at the latest.

Thanks very much Frank O’Connor (sarcasm) didn’t realise you knew everything about the Halo 4 release schedule.

Don’t call me crazy and then patronise me. Twit.

Oh and it’s L1NETT. And, no I’m not crazy. Just pessimistic.

I really think 343i will release a vidoc video before the year is up. That way, we’ll have something to think about over the holidays and new years. Just a guess.

I still think we deserved at least a small trailer of sorts for completing CEA on Legendary and finding all the terminals/skulls.