How the heck are watchers able to revive????

I am completely mindblown by this…if the promethean knights are neither organic nor machine how in the hell are they able to be revived when they are DISINTEGRATED. This makes no sense to me…someone give me an explanation please…

Forerunners are magical, they do amazing stuff.

OT: I dunno, i think it was explain somewhere before, maybe.

Magic.

“REPARO!”

> I am completely mindblown by this…if the promethean knights are neither organic nor machine how in the hell are they able to be revived when they are DISINTEGRATED. This makes no sense to me…someone give me an explanation please…

We’ve never been in Requiem before. It’s safe to say that we have no idea about this species. ((((Shrugs))))

Ya but I thought the promethean knights had the mind and thoughts of a promethean forerunner in it. So if it disintegrates and gets revived somehow, wouldnt the mind and thoughts of the forerunner be lost from the promethean knights body

Necromancy.

Can we have some serious answers…not some magic -Yoink-

> Can we have some serious answers…not some magic -Yoink!-

Well, nothing is organic. Perhaps they are like super advanced Engineers that can fix Prometheans that have been eliminated.

Space magic.

Also known as nano-bots.

Voldemort!

They can revive them when the Knights are killed by non Promethean weapons becuase they don’t burn up with them.

OP, this has to do with Requiem’s make-up. You see, its not technically a planet anymore. The soil being used there can be reorganized and arranged by technology. This allows Watchers to take that structure, have a blueprint of what to add at times, and in the end? Crawlers and Prometheans, Oh My!

By the Goddess, the Space Child has invaded Halo with his space magic!!! Quick, get Shepard!!!

> They can revive them when the Knights are killed by non Promethean weapons becuase they don’t burn up with them.

Last time I checked, Prometheans disintegrate no matter what they die by.

OT. Maybe after or just before a Knight dies, their organic parts get teleported to get refitted with new armor and then the Watchers summon them back.

The Knights are mechanical, but they’re not robots. They’re more hyper-advanced sentinels, if I understand them proper. The Watcher likely uses raw materials and, being integrated with the knight, rebuilds them from there.

Maybe they don’t actually revive them, but just teleport an exact copy into the exact same location to make you think they’re being revived and freak you out. :o

You see that little floating orb on the ground after Knights are killed? I’m pretty sure that this is essentially their “soul”. The Watchers likely generate/teleport and new body that is animated by the “soul”.

Nanobots did it. C: -SHOT-

Nah, but in all seriousness, could it perhaps have something to do with hard light? For all we know the “essence” of the Knights (perhaps the floating orb M0aHerder mentioned) do not immediately die with their physical body, so perhaps the Watchers regenerate the body around it with hard light… but I dunno, I might just be pulling that out of my rear.

> You see that little floating orb on the ground after Knights are killed? I’m pretty sure that this is essentially their “soul”. The Watchers likely generate/teleport and new body that is animated by the “soul”.

Possibly this.

> Can we have some serious answers…not some magic -Yoink!-

any technology or science sufficiently more advanced that that know by the observer is generally perceived as magic. if i went to ancient Rome and set up a projector and made pretty pictures on a wall it would be considered magical.

remember the forerunners have technology enough to build planets, instantly teleport an entire fleet of ships millions of light years across space, form light into a corporeal material (hard light), plant genetic instructions into a species that last for generations before they trigger (read the books) convert living consciousness into artificial intelligence (read the books), construct weapons powerful enough to kill any and all life in an entire galaxy… and you call BS when they re-materialize a dead Promethean knight?

WTF are you smoking and where can i get some, it sounds fun.