How the Halo: Reach Playlist should be.

I know many of you, like me, aren’t really liking the new August Update. 343i have removed too many things that people like to play such as: Action Sack, Noble and Defiant DLC, Anniversary BTB & FFA, ect., and have added too many things that aren’t that fun like: Super Slayer, Anniversary Firefight (only one map), ect. Halo: Reach has lost a lot of people because of changes like this, and will keep losing people unless 343i fixes this. So I decided to make an example of how the Halo: Reach Playlist system should be.

After Halo 4 goes on sale, all the DLC becomes free. Now all DLC is required to play Reach.

• Standard: All of the classic playlists in one list.

Team Slayer - Slayer like it’s always been.
Team Swat - SWAT like it’s always been.
Team Snipers - Snipers like it’s always been.
Team Objective - Objective, but reduced to the essential gametypes.
Rumble Pit - Classic FFA.
The Arena - The Arena like it’s always been.
Invasion - Invasion, but only Invasion & Invasion Slayer.
Squad DLC - Noble & Defiant DLC only.

• **Anniversary:**Mainly for the people who bought Anniversary and not Reach.

Anniversary Slayer - A mix of Classic & Reach slayer.
Anniversary BTB - Mainly Timberline & Headlong.
Anniversary FFA - A mix of Classic & Reach FFA.

• Social: Combining all of the fun/social playlists.

Action Sack - This is the fun playlist. Made up of essential Action Sack gametypes.
Living Dead - Living Dead, but more classic maps & gametypes. What happened to plain “Infection”?
Big Team Battle - Moved to Social, because of it’s fun social aspects.
Giffball - Griffball, but more classic gametypes.
MLG - Major. League. Gaming. Nuff’ said.

• Cooperative: Presenting all of the co-op essentials.

Co-op Campaign - Co-op Campaign like it’s always been.
Score Attack - Score Attack like it’s always been.
Firefight - Firefight like it’s always been.

Favorite, Thank and Comment on this post if you agree that this should be the Reach playlist! Maybe we will be able to get 343i’s attention if we do this right!

Also if you have any suggestion’s just comment! Thanks!

RizeoftheFallen

Dang it! I didn’t mean to click “post”! Sorry it’s not 100% done yet! :stuck_out_tongue:

The whole point of the update was to consolidate the playlists, not expand them.

> The whole point of the update was to consolidate the playlists, not expand them.

Well if you can’t tell, I tried to combine some of the playlists. The only thing I added was the DLC section. Because now there is no way to play the Noble & Defiant DLC, unless everyone in the lobby has the map pack. There goes $20 down the drain…

I totally agree. Bungie would have NEVER done something like this…

> > The whole point of the update was to consolidate the playlists, not expand them.
>
> Well if you can’t tell, I tried to combine some of the playlists. The only thing I added was the DLC section. Because now there is no way to play the Noble & Defiant DLC, unless everyone in the lobby has the map pack. There goes $20 down the drain…

You still ADDED playlists. The hoppers were at max capacity before, there wasn’t room to add any more DLC segments. They were quite deliberately ELIMINATING playlists to consolidate the current ones, not trying to spread the thinning population out even more.

> I totally agree. Bungie would have NEVER done something like this…

Really? That’s funny. I seem to remember a lot of complaining when Bungie drew down on the Halo 3 playlists.

> > > The whole point of the update was to consolidate the playlists, not expand them.
> >
> > Well if you can’t tell, I tried to combine some of the playlists. The only thing I added was the DLC section. Because now there is no way to play the Noble & Defiant DLC, unless everyone in the lobby has the map pack. There goes $20 down the drain…
>
> You still ADDED playlists. The hoppers were at max capacity before, there wasn’t room to add any more DLC segments. They were quite deliberately ELIMINATING playlists to consolidate the current ones, not trying to spread the thinning population out even more.
>
>
>
> > I totally agree. Bungie would have NEVER done something like this…
>
> Really? That’s funny. I seem to remember a lot of complaining when Bungie drew down on the Halo 3 playlists.

What I mainly don’t understand is why they COMPLETELY removed the Noble and Defiant DLC from matchmaking. That’s all. But I do understand why they would try to reduce the DLC playlists. But BESIDES DLC, I evenly removed and added some playlists like removing Super Slayer and adding Action Sack back.

Only the DLC specific playlist was removed and it was because NO ONE played it. At most, there were 300-400 people in there on a good day. Usually around 250-300. The maps themselves are still in MM and weren’t removed from the hoppers, just Squad DLC. It’s been on the cusp of removal ever since it’s inception to be frank.

> Only the DLC specific playlist was removed and it was because NO ONE played it. At most, there were 300-400 people in there on a good day. Usually around 250-300. The maps themselves are still in MM and weren’t removed from the hoppers, just Squad DLC. It’s been on the cusp of removal ever since it’s inception to be frank.

Well I do understand that, but they could at least have one DLC playlist.

Edit: Removed DLC section and added Squad DLC in Standard section. Thanks snickerdoodle for helping me figure out why 343i removed it!

I wouldn’t mind a merged DLC playlist of Noble, Defiant & Anniversary, so I can at least get my money’s worth out of these packs.

> I wouldn’t mind a merged DLC playlist of Noble, Defiant & Anniversary, so I can at least get my money’s worth out of these packs.

I agree. But unfortunately not many people play DLC, so that’s why 343i removed the main playlist, and just now removed Squad DLC. It would be cool if there was like one DLC BTB and one DLC Slayer that had Slayer and Objective in it. But all the DLC would be required.

> Only the DLC specific playlist was removed and it was because NO ONE played it. At most, there were 300-400 people in there on a good day. Usually around 250-300. The maps themselves are still in MM and weren’t removed from the hoppers, just Squad DLC. It’s been on the cusp of removal ever since it’s inception to be frank.

Yeah, but let’s be honest; DLC hardly ever comes up in regular matchmaking. I’m going to miss the Squad DLC playlist.

MLG in the social section, lolwut?

Firefight Doubles, which is what I played, was removed. As for the DLC playlist they should have just make the DLC free or really cheap. After all, who is going to pay for it now? Make it free and then require it for all playlists.

> > Only the DLC specific playlist was removed and it was because NO ONE played it. At most, there were 300-400 people in there on a good day. Usually around 250-300. The maps themselves are still in MM and weren’t removed from the hoppers, just Squad DLC. It’s been on the cusp of removal ever since it’s inception to be frank.
>
> Firefight Doubles, which is what I played, was removed. As for the DLC playlist they should have just make the DLC free or really cheap. After all, who is going to pay for it now? Make it free and then require it for all playlists.

They can’t make the DLC free since there are achievements tied to it.

How REACH was really destroyed. What what a rip of I spent $40 bucks on Anniversary for what to lose all those playlists. I thought 343 cared about its community. Where’s the DLC maps I paid for to?! WTF… 343 didn’t die in Halo 3 is destroying what we love about the game now! Bring back 30 seconds of fun, armor lock, armor abilities. Quit trying to make Halo: Black Ops duty or whatever

> As for the DLC playlist they should have just make the DLC free or really cheap. After all, who is going to pay for it now? Make it free and then require it for all playlists.

Now this would make sense. It would be a little bit of hassle to download the maps though. Maybe trim down the playlists, but don’t remove all the DLC you worked on 343i! It won’t be long before Anniversary is gone too…

> What what a rip of I spent $40 bucks on Anniversary for what to lose all those playlists. I thought 343 cared about its community. Where’s the DLC maps I paid for to?!

I completely agree with the fact that they removed almost all of the DLC. Now there is only one playlist for Anniversary, and no Noble & Defiant at all?

IMO It would make sense if 343i made all the DLC for Reach FREE, after Halo 4 releases. Then all DLC would be required to play Reach Matchmaking.

> IMO It would make sense if 343i made all the DLC for Reach FREE, after Halo 4 releases. Then all DLC would be required to play Reach Matchmaking.

Microsoft has a policy where DLC with Achievements can’t be free.