How the Halo 5 Forge File Browser will work

From the new Community Update:

> At launch, Forge will support a basic implementation of File Browser, which will allow you to bookmark, play, and share maps and modes created by players on your active roster. This doesn’t require a “mutual” friendship, but only that you follow the player you want to grab a map from. From the player details page, you’ll be able to view a player’s files and their bookmarks. To grab a map or mode, simply bookmark the file, and it’ll be ready to play in custom games or open up in Forge. Similar to Forge itself, we’ll be making updates to expand File Browser functionality over future updates, based on your feedback.

“we’ll be making updates to expand File Browser functionality over future updates, based on your feedback.”

This is good to see.

In other words there’s no actual file search? You have to “follow” a player? And they have to be in your “active” roster? This isn’t looking too good to me. That’s actually bad news.

> 2533274795204542;3:
> In other words there’s no actual file search? You have to “follow” a player? And they have to be in your “active” roster? This isn’t looking too good to me. That’s actually bad news.

It’s bad news because they added a new feature that they plan to expand upon?

So forge is dead on arrival? Glad to see they listen. Now I gotta wait for the update that adds a true file browser.

Halo 5:Guardians The should’ve been there at launch DLC, includes a true file browser, griffball, infection, social playlist, quality maps, etc…

> 2533274912317447;4:
> > 2533274795204542;3:
> > In other words there’s no actual file search? You have to “follow” a player? And they have to be in your “active” roster? This isn’t looking too good to me. That’s actually bad news.
>
>
> It’s bad news because they added a new feature that they plan to expand upon?

A new feature? Halo has had a file browser since 2007. I’m sick of the excuse that it will be “expanded on” or “updated”, why can’t they just release a working file browser with the already delayed Forge?

> 2533274912317447;4:
> > 2533274795204542;3:
> > In other words there’s no actual file search? You have to “follow” a player? And they have to be in your “active” roster? This isn’t looking too good to me. That’s actually bad news.
>
>
> It’s bad news because they added a new feature that they plan to expand upon?

That’s not a new feature. Thats a bare-bones version of a feature we’ve had since Halo 3.

Honesty, calling this a “gift” and implying that it being free is a perk and that it’s an “update” is totally dishonest. This is finishing the game 3 months late, cutting corners, and releasing sub-par functionality that was a given 7 years ago (and better 7 years ago) - with marketing to not make them look completely ridiculous when the situation is just that. Thanks for the “gift”. At least it’s a true gift in the German sense of the word “gift.”

Kind of a shame that they cant even do something right that Bungie did perfectly over 5 years ago in Reach and 3. I want to see most downloaded/ best rated maps.

> A new feature? Halo has had a file browser since 2007. I’m sick of the excuse that it will be “expanded on” or “updated”, why can’t they just release a working file browser with the already delayed Forge?

If I remember correctly, Halo 3 didn’t have a file search. You had to go onto Bungie.net to view and queue maps and game modes to download the next time you booted up Halo 3