I think it goes something like this from lowest to highest

Unggoy (grunt)
Kig yar (jackle)
San shyuum (prophet)
-Yoink!- sapien (human)
Sangheili (elites)
Jarrane???!! (brutes)
And so on

Unngoy and Kig Yar are about on par with Humans, with Unngoy probably being slightly weaker but tougher. The San 'Shyuum are weaker than Humans because they evolved on a low-gravity world and because many of them are older now.

> Unngoy and Kig Yar are about on par with Humans, with Unngoy probably being slightly weaker but tougher. The San 'Shyuum are weaker than Humans because they evolved on a low-gravity world and because many of them are older now.

I could understand the Kig Yar, but the Unngoy? Where’s the source? (not to undermine your statement, simply for curiosity and clarification purposes).

Very tentative, but I believe on the Believe diorama, there was a model of a Grunt strangling a Marine.

Given that they can also haul around Fuel Rod Guns and Plasma Turrets, I’d say Grunts are stronger than most give them credit for.

> > Unngoy and Kig Yar are about on par with Humans, with Unngoy probably being slightly weaker but tougher. The San 'Shyuum are weaker than Humans because they evolved on a low-gravity world and because many of them are older now.
>
> I could understand the Kig Yar, but the Unngoy? Where’s the source? (not to undermine your statement, simply for curiosity and clarification purposes).

They’re only 5 inches shorter than the average Human. I’m sure there are Unggoy that are much stronger than the average Human as well. Size isn’t the only factor in strength.

> > Unngoy and Kig Yar are about on par with Humans, with Unngoy probably being slightly weaker but tougher. The San 'Shyuum are weaker than Humans because they evolved on a low-gravity world and because many of them are older now.
>
> I could understand the Kig Yar, but the Unngoy? Where’s the source? (not to undermine your statement, simply for curiosity and clarification purposes).

Well, Unngoy can lug around Fuel Rod Guns and whatnot with relative ease. Although, I guess out of all of the Unngoy characters we’ve had in the Halo novels, not one of them has commented on whether or not a FRG was heavy for them.

Actually, I have a harder time believing that Kig-Yar are on par with the average human. I mean, I can certainly see Kig-Yar having more LEG strength than your average Joe, but I don’t think they’d be able to lift as much. Perhaps the Skirmishers could.

Actually Jackals can range up to over 6 feet tall, and are not quite as thin as they sometimes appear, most of the time they are pirates, rogues, if not involved with the Covenant.

Jackals have been seen killing Humans just as easily as other species with their bare hands, but Jackals are generally better at ranged tactics, does not mean they are not just as strong as Humans though.

I would say Grunts and Jackals are both more than capable of being on par with the average Human. While Grunts on average may be slightly weaker brute strength wise, but they have hardened flesh and such that allows them to be a tough enemy, they are basically Human sized Turtles in my opinion. The only issue that may cause problems for Jackals brute strength wise is that their bones are hollow, but this allows them to be capable of agile maneuvers and jumping to great heights easily.

Grunts are on average a weak species among the Covenant, but their strongest can carry around the larger weapons and materials pretty easily, I would say age is a big factor in this, as a lot of Grunts are quite young when we encounter them.

Prophets however are normally frail beings, that are barely as strong as Grunts generally due to their birthplace and overall decline as a species, they have not fared so well, and are better at science and politics than anything else.

Brutes, are massive beasts, some adults weighing over 1200 pounds, and most adults are over 8 feet tall, sometimes over 9 feet tall. They can rip a Human being in half very easily, and it is said Tartarus(Halo 2 Giant White Brute Chieftain) could rip a Hunter apart with his bare hands easily.

Overall if I had to list out the weakest to strongest of the species on average, this would be my list.

Prophets
Grunts
Jackals
Drones
Humans
Elites
Spartans
Brutes
Hunters

> Actually Jackals can range up to over 6 feet tall, and are not quite as thin as they sometimes appear, most of the time they are pirates, rogues, if not involved with the Covenant.
>
> Jackals have been seen killing Humans just as easily as other species with their bare hands, but Jackals are generally better at ranged tactics, does not mean they are not just as strong as Humans though.
>
> I would say Grunts and Jackals are both more than capable of being on par with the average Human. While Grunts on average may be slightly weaker brute strength wise, but they have hardened flesh and such that allows them to be a tough enemy, they are basically Human sized Turtles in my opinion. The only issue that may cause problems for Jackals brute strength wise is that their bones are hollow, but this allows them to be capable of agile maneuvers and jumping to great heights easily.
>
> Grunts are on average a weak species among the Covenant, but their strongest can carry around the larger weapons and materials pretty easily, I would say age is a big factor in this, as a lot of Grunts are quite young when we encounter them.
>
> Prophets however are normally frail beings, that are barely as strong as Grunts generally due to their birthplace and overall decline as a species, they have not fared so well, and are better at science and politics than anything else.
>
> Brutes, are massive beasts, some adults weighing over 1200 pounds, and most adults are over 8 feet tall, sometimes over 9 feet tall. They can rip a Human being in half very easily, and it is said Tartarus(Halo 2 Giant White Brute Chieftain) could rip a Hunter apart with his bare hands easily.
>
> Overall if I had to list out the weakest to strongest of the species on average, this would be my list.
>
> Prophets
> Grunts
> Jackals
> Drones
> Humans
> Elites
> Spartans
> Brutes
> Hunters

I would agree with you for most of the order. But I think Spartans and Elites is debatable. A Spartan in their armour is generally on a par with an elite I would say. As you need to hit them at least a few times in the games to kill them, and in the novels it shows Chief and other Spartans finding it hard to defeat one on more than one occasion (Chief in fall of Reach and perhaps Naomi in Glasslands if she hadn’t caught Jul by surprise).

So I would say it depends if you mean without there armour or with it. I would say they are weaker without it and might just have the edge with it.

> I think it goes something like this from lowest to highest
>
> Unggoy (grunt)
> Kig yar (jackle)
> San shyuum (prophet)
> -Yoink!- sapien (human)
> Sangheili (elites)
> Jarrane???!! (brutes)
> And so on

From Weakest to Strongest.

Lekgolo>San 'Shyuum>Human=Kig yar>Unggoy>Yanme>Sangheili>Jiralhanae>Mgalekgolo

I benched 215 the other day. Probably more than a kig-yar can do, but an unggoy could most likely lift more due to the smaller distance they’d need to lift the weight. San 'Shyuum would look beta as hell next to me, I’d take all their women and then disregard them for banter. Sangheili would look at me and be all ‘do you even lift?’ and I’d be like ‘yeah, bro.’ They’d shake their heads and bench the gym into the ceiling, then consume me for protein.

Interesting, as far as the grunt vs human strength comparison, there have been plenty of occasions where humans beat the living crap out of grunts and for the comment about the grunt ripping the guy apart literally, the guy was overweight and not in the best physical shape, although it still is pretty impressive I’ve got to say grunts and humans Are about the same strength with humans having a bit of a height advantage.

(I’m leaning toward the humans in strength compared to a grunt for their ability to somewhat fight back against elites)

As for a jackal, it would e a closer match, in a wide open space, true human wouldnt even be able to catch the jackal, but in a closed room/ space, I Believe the human would break a jackals bones fairly easily

The only advantage the jackal had is it’s jaws, and height (6 foot 2 to 6 foot 6 I believe)

Although the jackal’s legs are strong, f the human grabs one and breaks it, the fights over

After those two and the prophets , humans get served every time.

Sorry for the horid spelling I was rushing when I wrote this

> > Actually Jackals can range up to over 6 feet tall, and are not quite as thin as they sometimes appear, most of the time they are pirates, rogues, if not involved with the Covenant.
> >
> > Jackals have been seen killing Humans just as easily as other species with their bare hands, but Jackals are generally better at ranged tactics, does not mean they are not just as strong as Humans though.
> >
> > I would say Grunts and Jackals are both more than capable of being on par with the average Human. While Grunts on average may be slightly weaker brute strength wise, but they have hardened flesh and such that allows them to be a tough enemy, they are basically Human sized Turtles in my opinion. The only issue that may cause problems for Jackals brute strength wise is that their bones are hollow, but this allows them to be capable of agile maneuvers and jumping to great heights easily.
> >
> > Grunts are on average a weak species among the Covenant, but their strongest can carry around the larger weapons and materials pretty easily, I would say age is a big factor in this, as a lot of Grunts are quite young when we encounter them.
> >
> > Prophets however are normally frail beings, that are barely as strong as Grunts generally due to their birthplace and overall decline as a species, they have not fared so well, and are better at science and politics than anything else.
> >
> > Brutes, are massive beasts, some adults weighing over 1200 pounds, and most adults are over 8 feet tall, sometimes over 9 feet tall. They can rip a Human being in half very easily, and it is said Tartarus(Halo 2 Giant White Brute Chieftain) could rip a Hunter apart with his bare hands easily.
> >
> > Overall if I had to list out the weakest to strongest of the species on average, this would be my list.
> >
> > Prophets
> > Grunts
> > Jackals
> > Drones
> > Humans
> > Elites
> > Spartans
> > Brutes
> > Hunters
>
> I would agree with you for most of the order. But I think Spartans and Elites is debatable. A Spartan in their armour is generally on a par with an elite I would say. As you need to hit them at least a few times in the games to kill them, and in the novels it shows Chief and other Spartans finding it hard to defeat one on more than one occasion (Chief in fall of Reach and perhaps Naomi in Glasslands if she hadn’t caught Jul by surprise).
>
> So I would say it depends if you mean without there armour or with it. I would say they are weaker without it and might just have the edge with it.

With Mjolnir Armor on, since I do not believe there are any real accounts of Spartans fighting without their armor being equipped or a real estimate of how strong Spartans are without their armor, though it generally is around 3x the strength of a average human.

I do believe without Mjolnir Spartans are weaker overall than the average Elite, and fit neatly inbetween the strength of Brutes and Elites with it equipped, depending on the Spartan I would say, but on average Brutes are the most powerful species, if we are not counting Lekgolo as colonies, Hunters.

I know this thread is done for a few years now and I apologize for offending anyone by replying, but I really need to say something about the Grunt and Jackal strength. Most people are saying that Grunts and Jackals are roughly on par with average humans in terms of raw strength. Let me tell you that unaugmented humans, whether weak, average or strong, are no where close to as strong as Grunts or Jackals. I believe that Grunts are stronger than Jackals.

The reason why I believe any non-enhanced human is far weaker than any Grunt is because in Contact Harvest, a Grunt rips a marine apart WITH HIS BARE HANDS. The Grunt, who was named Yull, jumped on top of a marine named Osmo and ripped his stomach apart by clawing and yanking. The Grunt tore apart Osmo to death…name me any non-augmented human who can come anywhere close to ripping someone’s stomach out to death with their bare hands? I know that grunts have sharper fingers/forearms than humans, but to cause death in such a fashion would require very large amounts of strength in order to rip off human skin, muscle, fat and probably organs. Lol Osmo was so torn apart that Sgt. Johnson said, “I’m gonna need a bag.” when he saw Osmo dead.

Now Jackals don’t seem to be as strong as Grunts, but I think these bird-like creatures are still much stronger than humans. In Halo 4 during the mission Composer at Ivanoff Station, at Jackal leaped on top of a marine and seemed to have killed him immediately by punching, biting, or kicking something on his body. I know it may not be the best example of strength and that in-game feats may not entirely reflect species strength, but from my perspective it looks like jackals are a lot stronger than humans.

This is the video, go to 2:49 near the beginning where the Jackal kills a marine like nothing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGqFTp99dzA

it really annoys me that people largely underestimate the grunts and the jackals. grunts are underestimated because they are short and the jackals lookng skinny. first of all a grunt is like a gorila. small when standing up but strong as -Yoink!-. think about it. look at a grunts arms they are enormous. gorillas are 25 times stronger than a really buff guy, yet they are really damn small. it basically like a short buff person vs a tall skinny -Yoink- person. and the jackals, they look skinny because u are a 7 foot tall super soldier. a jackals arm is much bigger than a buff guy. same with the legs. basically everything is stronger than the humans (physicall) in the covenant except for those prophets. those guys just in thos floaty chairs of awesomeness being -Yoink-.btw people underestimate elites too. in halo reach, an elite can be seen lifting a spartan with one hand with ease. a spartan is a 1000-2000 pounds depending on the gear. so basically a elite can curl a ton a -Yoinking!- ton. i wonder if they can bench 3 or 4 tons.
weakest to strong
prophets
humans
drones
jackals
grunts
elites
brutes
hunters

> 2533274868630136;15:
> it really annoys me that people largely underestimate the grunts and the jackals. grunts are underestimated because they are short and the jackals lookng skinny. first of all a grunt is like a gorila. small when standing up but strong as -Yoink!-. think about it. look at a grunts arms they are enormous. gorillas are 25 times stronger than a really buff guy, yet they are really damn small. it basically like a short buff person vs a tall skinny -Yoink- person. and the jackals, they look skinny because u are a 7 foot tall super soldier. a jackals arm is much bigger than a buff guy. same with the legs. basically everything is stronger than the humans (physicall) in the covenant except for those prophets. those guys just in thos floaty chairs of awesomeness being -Yoink-.btw people underestimate elites too. in halo reach, an elite can be seen lifting a spartan with one hand with ease. a spartan is a 1000-2000 pounds depending on the gear. so basically a elite can curl a ton a -Yoinking!- ton. i wonder if they can bench 3 or 4 tons.
> weakest to strong
> prophets
> humans
> drones
> jackals
> grunts
> elites
> brutes
> hunters

And still i don’t know if “normal” San shyuum are that weak, is stated that Prelates are mostly equals to an average Sangheili that could mean that even in their “current” state average Prophets are on par of jackals or at least not has weak has humans

Grunts have superior upper body strenght to humans but I think their legs might not be that much stronger though they are quite heavy.

You realise that you are, in fact, a human, right?

> 2533274877663595;5:
> > > Unngoy and Kig Yar are about on par with Humans, with Unngoy probably being slightly weaker but tougher. The San 'Shyuum are weaker than Humans because they evolved on a low-gravity world and because many of them are older now.
> >
> > I could understand the Kig Yar, but the Unngoy? Where’s the source? (not to undermine your statement, simply for curiosity and clarification purposes).
>
> They’re only 5 inches shorter than the average Human. I’m sure there are Unggoy that are much stronger than the average Human as well. Size isn’t the only factor in strength.

Not to mention Unggoy can 248.3–260.1lbs so it’s not exaggerating to think they’re stronger than humans.

> 2533274894879703;14:
> I know this thread is done for a few years now and I apologize for offending anyone by replying, but I really need to say something about the Grunt and Jackal strength.

Please don’t revive ancient threads.