How Scorpion health should work.

The way I see it both Bungie and 343i had trouble figuring out how the health of the Scorpion would work.

Why don’t we just make it realistic but also capable of being destroyed with heavy weapons was my first thought. I guess that would mean that we would have to wait for the right weapon. If Plasma Pistols remain as starting weapons in any way than this whole thread will likely be irrelevant but let’s continue assuming all the other issues will be gone.

The way I see, the scorpion should be basically immune to all forms of light weapon fire. The exception to this though would be the hatch to the cockpit. The weapon fire, like the sniper, would be used to destroy the hatch and shoot the now revealed Spartan riding the tank. Any gun should be able to destroy the Hatch in my opinion.

To destroy the scorpion I would think the best way would need to be only higher tier explosives only. Either a lot of Plasma grenades, around 3-4 rocket shots, or 2 Forerunner weapon shots from any explosive weapons.

*Other thoughts of mine are that maybe there should be a way to immobilize the scorpions movement by shooting the treads.

**I would also believe this health format would compliment most if not all larger vehicles like the Wraith or Hornet/Falcon.

> The way I see, the scorpion should be basically immune to all forms of light weapon fire. The exception to this though would be the hatch to the cockpit.

So, they just rotate the turret 180 degrees and just roll through the base backwards while being completely invulnerable to small arms?

I did something similar in CE on the PC where I would drive right up to the wall on Blood Gulch, spin the turret around and be a nigh invulnerable piece of artillery shelling all the little dots that moved.

In the real world tanks are completely immune to small arms fire. Gameplay wise I don’t see this working out well. The Scorpion should still take chip damage from small arms. It should be drastically small amounts to push people to shooting at the weak points (vent on the backside of the vehicle) but it should still take chip damage.

Realistically, the Scorpion is just too much of a badYoink! to really put into the MP. Near hitscan cannon with explosive shells that still retains main turret function when EMP’d. It’s a Power Trip Vehicle made for the campaign that was ported to the MP because it wasn’t that much work with the files already in.

If we did have to redo the Scorpion, I would like a MP specific version that focuses on the theme that all other UNSC vehicles have going for them; Driver drives, gunner guns. On top of that I would have specific health pools for the main body, treads and cannon. Allowing players the option of disabling the vehicle (two or three treads destroyed) or declawing it (turret destroyed)

> Realistically, the Scorpion is just too much of a badYoink! to really put into the MP. Near hitscan cannon with explosive shells that still retains main turret function when EMP’d. It’s a Power Trip Vehicle made for the campaign that was ported to the MP because it wasn’t that much work with the files already in.
>
> If we did have to redo the Scorpion, I would like a MP specific version that focuses on the theme that all other UNSC vehicles have going for them; Driver drives, gunner guns. On top of that I would have specific health pools for the main body, treads and cannon. Allowing players the option of disabling the vehicle (two or three treads destroyed) or declawing it (turret destroyed)

This. I think the driver should be able to fire a MG, though. That way if the gunner’s taken out the driver can still defend against attackers.