How rare is your helmet? Graph results inside

Hi guys,

Do you remember how Bungie used to make graphs and infographics about population, ranks, favourite weapons, most common armor colors, stuff like that? I thought it was a shame we seldom see Halo 4 graphs and so I decided to make my own; this one is about how often different helmets appear in Matchmaking.

Click to view graph

Kind of interesting to see the trends in helmet choice - interestingly the most common is recruit, and that’s still the case even when you discount guest accounts, closely followed by Mark 6 and Warrior. It seems like many Halo 4 players either don’t care much about helmet customisation or else prefer the classic Spartan look.

The least common helmets include ones which are tied to tricky commendations, like Commando, Vanguard and Protector. Defender (or “Sad Transformer” as I think of it) is also one or the least commonly seen, although in this case I think it’s safe to say it’s due to unpopularity, not difficulty in unlocking.

Where does your helmet come on the list? Are you proud to be unique, or are you more of a no-nonsense Spartan?

(The helmet listed as “Stormtrooper” should be EOD. Oops.)

Nice work on that graph. I didn’t realize my helmet was so popular. Also I like how you called EOD stormtrooper.

Well, I used to be proud of being a warrior.
I guess I could switch it to…I don’t know. Scout? Or CIO.

Just saw the graph and it was pretty interesting that the Recon is towards the “Common” side. IMO, the Recon is “rare” b/c just the look of it reminds me of the time it took to obtain the helmet back in Halo 3, even though its easier to get now.

Makes me consider start using Vanguard again, but I love my current setup.

I was going to post about the stormtrooper thing, but i think you have it covered. I thought my signature helmet would be less used oh well

it doesn’t take into account skins. I use the recon but I never see the surge skin. I also don’t believe the protecter is so rare

it’s good to see a graph

I love seeing Vanguard as the least common helmet. Makes me proud to wear it :slight_smile:

I was going to post about the lack of EOD on the chart, then I read the comments about Stormtrooper. :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad I’m more toward the unique side of the chart.

> it doesn’t take into account skins. I use the recon but I never see the surge skin. I also don’t believe the protecter is so rare
>
> it’s good to see a graph

Protector’s arguably one of the most common I’ve seen lately. I’ve only seen Recon SURGE online once. There’s one skin I’ve yet to see online: Warrior MATRIX; everything else I’ve seen it already.

I used to wear vanguard, the normal one from killing prometheans. But then prefect came out. Its due to being forerunner that I wear it.

Well, I used to wear Protector until the Champions Bundle ruined it… :frowning: I like the idea of having a helmet that’s less common.

> > it doesn’t take into account skins. I use the recon but I never see the surge skin. I also don’t believe the protecter is so rare
> >
> > it’s good to see a graph
>
> Protector’s arguably one of the most common I’ve seen lately. I’ve only seen Recon SURGE online once. There’s one skin I’ve yet to see online: Warrior MATRIX; everything else I’ve seen it already.

funny. I’ve got both skins in use at the mo

if someday i return to Halo 4

im gonna use vanguard or something else

too many scouts…lol

I think it’s wonderful how much Warrior has grown on the community, I know it has for me.

It was the first example of Gen 2 armor we saw and to say the least we weren’t impressed at first.

Now it’s the third most popular helmet and has become a staple among the SIVs even though there are no real SIV characters that wear it.

Thanks for graph you’re doing a real service for the community. I was surprised to see how popular Pathfinder is.

> > > it doesn’t take into account skins. I use the recon but I never see the surge skin. I also don’t believe the protecter is so rare
> > >
> > > it’s good to see a graph
> >
> > Protector’s arguably one of the most common I’ve seen lately. I’ve only seen Recon SURGE online once. There’s one skin I’ve yet to see online: Warrior MATRIX; everything else I’ve seen it already.
>
> funny. I’ve got both skins in use at the mo

Very nice, i used to wear Recon SURGE but now i’m rockin the Deadeye with Venator RFCT.

Great work on the graph - very impressive. It must have taken you some hours to do. I wonder if it might be worth dropping bs angel a PM about it or submitting it on the front page.

It’s so good I think this might be worthy of a mention on the homepage blog!

Venator may be common, but my Venator RFCT is still pretty damn special to me… (stupid expensive didact…)

still, I’ve seen a few Venator RFCT online (bout… 3-4?) and 1-2 scout TOXC, but i haven’t seen ANY CIO RUIN yet… i know some people have it, but yet to meet one in actual MM.

But what about us FOTUS users? I take it you didn’t include dlc stuff.

> Venator may be common, but my Venator RFCT is still pretty damn special to me… (stupid expensive didact…)
>
> still, I’ve seen a few Venator RFCT online (bout… 3-4?) and 1-2 scout TOXC, but i haven’t seen ANY CIO RUIN yet… i know some people have it, but yet to meet one in actual MM.

I have it, but have never used it!