How powerful should the AR be?

How powerful do you guys think that the AR should be in halo 5. Personally I’m hoping that it is most similar to the Halo 4 AR.

From footage I’ve seen this does seem to be the case so it may be well balanced with the precision weapons once again. Worst case would be it going back to halo reach standards. In that game I’d rather have a pistol compared to the AR.

They nailed the Assault Rifle in Halo 4, don’t care what anyone says.

The question is how we distinguish the AR and SMG. I assume the Light Machine Gun is gone, which is fine by me. I would argue that the SMG’s need to be properly controlled in how you fire. Plus whether it will have range like a Silenced SMG in Halo 3 ODST.

> 2533274846868914;2:
> They nailed the Assault Rifle in Halo 4, don’t care what anyone says.
>
> The question is how we distinguish the AR and SMG. I assume the Light Machine Gun is gone, which is fine by me. I would argue that the SMG’s need to be properly controlled in how you fire. Plus whether it will have range like a Silenced SMG in Halo 3 ODST.

Actual variables would vary quite a bit I imagine but the general idea would be a range - effectiveness curve. For example: SMG > AR > Pistol > BR > DMR > Sniper Rifle

All I know is the BR beats the AR and the DMR usually beats the BR. So near third but definitely not last.

Powerful enough that I want to use it, not so powerful to the point I don’t want to use anything else.

It should be competitively viable. The new zoom on the autos will make it more so than it has been for multiplayer. I did see than bloom was gone when the player uses smart scope. Absolutely turn that off, 343 even stated that making a gun more effective while scoping breaks the game.

> 2535443515466656;6:
> It should be competitively viable. The new zoom on the autos will make it more so than it has been for multiplayer. I did see than bloom was gone when the player uses smart scope. Absolutely turn that off, 343 even stated that making a gun more effective while scoping breaks the game.

How so? If the AR only gets rid of bloom when scoped, that still leaves the DMR/Br with the advantage in a shootout. They can still fire more accurately without the scopes up, and can still headshot. It doesn’t seem to be an unreasonable setup.

> 2533274842918190;5:
> Powerful enough that I want to use it, not so powerful to the point I don’t want to use anything else.

This^^^^. Also if you notice in all the gameplay videos the AR has noticeable recoil when zoomed in so I’m sure that’s a factor in how the AR,s handled aside from the possible buff it got.