How "Osiris" should have ended (minor H5 spoilers)

There are a lot of things that annoyed and/or upset people when it comes to Halo 5’s story. None annoy me more than the fact that they killed the Spartan Ops main antagonist, Jul 'Mdama, In the FIRST MISSION! Just to show that Locke is a badass! He had so much potential as a big character in Halo 5, with the whole Sanghelios side plot. Imagine an Arbiter vs Jul cutscene! Anyway, I thought of a different way to end the first mission, while still showing how badass Locke is.

Ok, so the cutscene starts off how it does in the final game, with Halsey being sarcastic and Jul being annoyed. The zealots stand guard and wait for something to come. All of the sudden, the Knight Strategoes (hey, they said the warzone bosses are real, right?) and his soldiers appear. They make quick work of the zealots. Halsey hides and Jul escapes in a banshee. At that same moment, Osiris rushes in. Buck, Tanaka, and Vale start killing the soldiers while Locke goes for the knight. Locke picks up an energy sword dropped by one of the zealots and stabs the knight to death. They recover Halsey.

This would not only not kill Jul, but it would show off Osiris’ badassery at the same time. Imagine if in Halo 3, Bungie just killed truth in he first mission. That’s basically what 343 did with Jul. although he wasn’t the MAIN antagonist of Halo 4, he was still a huge character nonetheless. So much potential lost. If you’re going to kill such a big character in the first mission, at least make it a boss battle. (speaking of which, how about a Jul 'Mdama boss fight in warzone?)

what are your thought on this? Am I a stupid idiot or is this actually logical? I’m curious to hear your thoughts.

I fully agree. A ton of wasted potential.

Yeah, I definetly wanted more from him. A Jul boss fight would have been cool. That really kinda feeds into some of my problems with the campaign

I too was very disappointed with Jul being killed off at the beginning. He was, without a doubt, one of the best villains in the Halo franchise. He was definitely not done any justice with this early death.
It’s a shame that 343i had such a terrible lead writer for Halo 5. While I did love the story, it’s ridiculous that things like this happen…

> 2533274808386392;4:
> I too was very disappointed with Jul being killed off at the beginning. He was, without a doubt, one of the best villains in the Halo franchise. He was definitely not done any justice with this early death.
> It’s a shame that 343i had such a terrible lead writer for Halo 5. While I did love the story, it’s ridiculous that things like this happen…

It just pains me to think that no one said

“Hey, we might need him later on otherwise half the plot might not make sense.”

It would of been alot better to have Jul die spilling the beans about what Oni was planning to the crew. That’d add a whole lot of tension to Thel’s choice to ally with humanity and even make Locke question Oni even further. He never knew everything just what his target was.

Also does anyone feel like Halsey needs to get off her high horse? He talks down to Thel saying that He needs to remember the past and how he NEEDS her Guardian to beat the Covenant but Thel pretty much won the battle without the Guardians waves of assaults and if we look to the past Thel would of killed MC and the rest of humanity if it wasn’t for that one Prophet in The Flood who caused him so much trouble.

I just found it a bit weird that she was acting like she was in a position of power. Also how she and Palmer are cool with each other all of a sudden.

How I would have handled;

1. Keep the setting but have only 2 or 3 henchmen visible. Obviously, 4-6 cloaked sentinels await instead of everyone being visibly seen.

2. Jul’ does a taunt as he pushes Halsey back. He activates an OS and at least 2 combat holographs appear. The rest of the sentinels try to interfere.

3. Jul’ isn’t a super Elite like H2’s Heretic. Drop his shields and headshot him or get an achievement for assassinating him instead of straight up killing him.

The problem I have is that the covenant might no longer be a threat in Halo 6, which would really be wasteful considering how much personality they have instilled into them this game. Plus there wouldn’t be any comic relief enemies anymore.

It’s like they were building Jul up to be the main bad of Halo 5, and halfway through somebody high up in corporate was like “what would make more money? Another elite, or a bullsh*t propaganda campaign to make the Chief look evil and be able to bring back Cortana?” “Yeah, the second one!” “But sir! What about Jul?!” “Kill him in the first mission! But no fighting, make it a cutscene! Ahahahaahahaha”

> 2535422575540492;5:
> > 2533274808386392;4:
> >
>
>
> Also how she and Palmer are cool with each other all of a sudden.

Right? What was with that?

> 2533274944778648;7:
> The problem I have is that the covenant might no longer be a threat in Halo 6, which would really be wasteful considering how much personality they have instilled into them this game. Plus there wouldn’t be any comic relief enemies anymore.

Well cortana offered any species that chose to join her peace and survival or whatever so I’m sure a faction will evolve from that.