How ODST was supposed to be

Remember when ODST hype was building back in 2009? All the dev talk before hand?

When it was called Recon the devs were stating “Its not going to be a $60 title”, “We are not vieing this as a full game release”. Then as time went on, they confirmed that indeed it was going to be a $60 game. They bundled all the Halo 3 DLC and Halo 3 multiplayer with ODST to justify this.

Then in the Bungie ViDoc, it is stated that after Halo 3 Microsoft wanted TWO more halo titles after Bugie claimed they wanted to go independant. The circumstance was if Bungie was leaving Microsoft would own the franchise and get TWO more Halos out of Bungie:

http://youtu.be/OtG6--4r_qk?t=40m4s “Make more Halos, leave the franchise with Microsoft”

http://youtu.be/OtG6--4r_qk?t=40m37s “Harold already promised Microsoft TWO more Halos, we already had Reach, what could we do in one year with a small team? ODST”

So there you have it, was ODST justified with being $60?

This goes to show you that the quality wasnt there with ODST and Reach, Bungie was basically forced into developing them by none other than Microsoft.

Not trying to start a flame war, just sharing my findings.

I’ve recently realised that ODST is actually my favourite Halo game. My favourite part is the sneaking in the streets and the feeling of being all alone.

I also liked Reach as well, probably not as much as 3, but I still played it more than 3.

Point is, I still think both games had fantastic quality if they were rushed.

> I’ve recently realised that ODST is actually my favourite Halo game. My favourite part is the sneaking in the streets and the feeling of being all alone.
>
> I also liked Reach as well, probably not as much as 3, but I still played it more than 3.
>
>
> Point is, I still think both games had fantastic quality if they were rushed.

Came here to say the same thing, LOVED ODST.

ODST was a quality game. It was just short.

> I’ve recently realised that ODST is actually my favourite Halo game. My favourite part is the sneaking in the streets and the feeling of being all alone.
>
> I also liked Reach as well, probably not as much as 3, but I still played it more than 3.
>
>

I couldn’t have said this any better myself.

I loved ODST. Best campaign, plot, second-best humour, and spectacular music IMO. It was just overpriced, and also selling you the map packs again that you already bought. Probably Microsoft was behind this reasoning.

Either way, obtaining all the map packs with the game kind of felt like a “cheat” for people who originally didn’t buy them.

I loved ODST, The Campaign was great, The sci-fi cameos (Nathan Fillion and the bunch) were awesome. The soundtrack is perhaps my favorite of the franchise. Firefight was a lot of fun. I also loved the Road to Recon achievements spread between Halo 3 and ODST. You’re saying is it justified but they beefed it up quite a bit since it was know as Recon. I think most peoples negative reaction was because they were expecting Halo 4. It was supposed to be a mini campaign but turned into something more.

I do believe there is quality in both games (imo), however ODST and Reach are often ridiculed for having low quality due to being rushed. ODST really made you feel like you were alone, it reminded me of one of those old sniper games where its just you in the night when it is raining, and you must assassinate some leader. And then Reach was great at telling how Spartans aren’t invincible. Bungie did great work with both games.

Probably without a doubt one of my favorite campaigns, however, it was a little short.

Despite this, I don’t think it was worth $60, feels like a rip-off, thats why I got it second hand.

I love watching that Vidoc.

> I loved ODST. Best campaign, plot, second-best humour, and spectacular music IMO. It was just overpriced, and also selling you the map packs again that you already bought. Probably Microsoft was behind this reasoning.
>
> Either way, obtaining all the map packs with the game kind of felt like a “cheat” for people who originally didn’t buy them.

You should never be upset with the way multiplayer DLC is delivered. The more ways to deliver maps the more people that will have said maps. I wanted ODST because of the campaign but I loved that fact that all the MP came on one disk. That alone was enough for me to easily pay $60. I just hope 343 finds a way to get DLC into the hands of people that may otherwise not buy them.

>
>
>

Totally, all games are great but ODST had this one thing which made it above all the other Halos, whether its the simple foot solider job, or sneaking to avoid being detected or the less survivability factor, ODST is my favorite halo game