How much space will the Halo Reach Title Update take up?

Hi there. I’m wondering if anyone knows how much space the TU will take up. Will it be required that it must be downloaded onto a HDD or…?

The TU could potentially be very big, it might go all the way up to a few gigabytes. It all depends on how much they decide to change, how they implement the change, and whether or not they add or drastically change weapons. For instance, if they bring back the pistol or the BR, the title update will be gigantic, because the weapons are programed into the maps, so you would have to download every map; a very large download. If they just tweak things, it might just be a few kilobytes.

Final answer: It is impossible to say at this point, wait until mid August.

its not gonna be more then 500MB, and thats VERY pessimistically.

> Hi there. I’m wondering if anyone knows how much space the TU will take up. Will it be required that it must be downloaded onto a HDD or…?

The size of the Title Update is yet to be determined, I would not expect it to be much over 1gig at the most.

Err…title updates are usually in the double digit megabyte range. Multiple gigabytes equates the whole game :confused:

I can’t find it specifically, but Patches/Title Updates (Completely different things) have different rules.

Patches have a set memory limit, and can have as many as you want to fix the game. As long as it goes through Microsoft’s certification process.

Title Updates also have a set memory limit, but it’s much higher than a Patches. I believe 1.5 Gigabytes is the limit but I could be wrong. I’ve also read that a game can only have 2 Title Updates before they charge for it… I know, weird, but it’s somewhere out there. Just can’t remember the article.

> I can’t find it specifically, but Patches/Title Updates (Completely different things) have different rules.
>
> Patches have a set memory limit, and can have as many as you want to fix the game. As long as it goes through Microsoft’s certification process.
>
> Title Updates also have a set memory limit, but it’s much higher than a Patches. I believe 1.5 Gigabytes is the limit but I could be wrong. I’ve also read that a game can only have 2 Title Updates before they charge for it… I know, weird, but it’s somewhere out there. Just can’t remember the article.

Title Update is for a bunch of things right? And a patch is just to fix one or two things, right?

If it’s virtually the same thing the Black Ops would have very little players, seems like every week I gotta download a stinking patch for it. I mean, I don’t like it that much, but thumbs up for that much post launch support.

Yeah a Title Update is much larger than a patch and adresses many different aspects.

Ah, k.

Then hopefully, the TU will NOT make Reach Halo 3.5.

Technically speaking, a Title Update upgrades the build to (Title) 1.1

I want Halo: Reach 1.1, and then if neccesery, Halo: Reach 1.2.

If they don’t add anything drastic, the update will be 100 MB at most. Of course if they add something new, it will be bigger (dependent on what they add). I still don’t believe it taking any more than 1 GB at most, no matter what they do.

GRD helmet, hi.

Maybe part of the TU will be to totally change the tag system to make more armor in game.

But THAT’D probably take forever.

The more the better. A lot needs fixing.

> I can’t find it specifically, but Patches/Title Updates (Completely different things) have different rules.
>
> Patches have a set memory limit, and can have as many as you want to fix the game. As long as it goes through Microsoft’s certification process.
>
> Title Updates also have a set memory limit, but it’s much higher than a Patches. I believe 1.5 Gigabytes is the limit but I could be wrong. I’ve also read that a game can only have 2 Title Updates before they charge for it… I know, weird, but it’s somewhere out there. Just can’t remember the article.

Halo Wars had 5 title updates.

> Halo Wars had 5 title updates.

Those weren’t Title Updates per se… They were just balancing patches. Call of Duty also has says they have 11 Title Updates, but I don’t think they meant the official meaning of it.

A patch technically is a title update, but doesn’t do what real Title Updates do.

Halo 3’s Title Update adding the EXP system along with many other changes. It changes the game to its core. It makes massive alterations, making the game play completely different than when it was released.

Funny how Bungie has improved the system to much… all of the monthly updates they’ve had for Halo: Reach would’ve required a Title Update. Now they can just fix whatever they want.

Halo: Reach’s Title Update will be making some pretty massive changes behind the scenes as well as balancing some gameplay aspects.

1 Billion Gigabytes

> > Hi there. I’m wondering if anyone knows how much space the TU will take up. Will it be required that it must be downloaded onto a HDD or…?
>
> The size of the Title Update is yet to be determined, I would not expect it to be much over 1gig at the most.

I have a 120 gig hardrive with 700 megabytes left.

Lol @ 2 Gigs. Reach is 6.6 Gigs.