How much is 343i gearing H5 for E-Sports?

I Love E-Sports and would love to get into it. I am wandering the extent to which the devealopers are pushing it though. I have only heard loose talk about there being an E-Sports presence in the future.

I have only been in one tournament in my area… And that was for halo 3 around 6-7 years ago. I would absolutly LOVE it if there were tournaments in my area, or maybe even an hour or two away.

Also I’m going to anticipate some remarks and say right now that I personally don’t like online tournaments and think they are for minor clans that just have fun hosting them.

So does anyone know the extent of the E-Sports scene for Halo currently and in the very near future (halo 5 time)??

> 2533274820642782;1:
> I Love E-Sports and would love to get into it. I am wandering the extent to which the devealopers are pushing it though. I have only heard loose talk about there being an E-Sports presence in the future.
>
> I have only been in one tournament in my area… And that was for halo 3 around 6-7 years ago. I would absolutly LOVE it if there were tournaments in my area, or maybe even an hour or two away.
>
> Also I’m going to anticipate some remarks and say right now that I personally don’t like online tournaments and think they are for minor clans that just have fun hosting them.
>
> So does anyone know the extent of the E-Sports scene for Halo currently and in the very near future (halo 5 time)??

343i will be hosting there own Halo5 e-sports league called Halo Championship League…

There will be a $1million prize pool at the Halo World Championship this winter.

Wow, Awesome!!! Do you know if there will be tournaments around the country maybe like qualifying rounds?

Probably qualifying rounda but I don’t think those have been announced yet

343 is definitely gearing H5 towards E-Sports

The Halo Championship Series has already been running for a year, (all across the USA i believe), and the last season for MCC was recently. Next season will be Halo 5 with the start of the 1 m dollar tournament.

Mostly, but it seems we still don’t have as much control as we’d like; warzone exclusive items are still exactly that, so if we’re upset with weapon balance then we’re up -Yoink- creek. I can’t say they aren’t trying harder than they did with MCC, but taking a dump on a disc and shipping it is trying harder than they did with MCC.

I’ll have to look into the HCS then! And I’m also wondering why they excluded team doubles from the playlists if they are playing to the E-Sports crowd.

> 2533274820642782;8:
> I’ll have to look into the HCS then! And I’m also wondering why they excluded team doubles from the playlists if they are playing to the E-Sports crowd.

Tournaments have almost always been 4v4.

> 2533274913936758;9:
> > 2533274820642782;8:
> > I’ll have to look into the HCS then! And I’m also wondering why they excluded team doubles from the playlists if they are playing to the E-Sports crowd.
>
>
> Tournaments have almost always been 4v4.

This.

Other places hold 2v2s but not in HCS.

> 2533274823519895;7:
> Mostly, but it seems we still don’t have as much control as we’d like; warzone exclusive items are still exactly that, so if we’re upset with weapon balance then we’re up -Yoink- creek. I can’t say they aren’t trying harder than they did with MCC, but taking a dump on a disc and shipping it is trying harder than they did with MCC.

What are you saying?

That Warzone weapon variants would be the solution to perceived balancing issues?

Even if those weapons were available in custom games, 343i would decide which ones would be on maps in official tournaments… And they already said that they’d consider rotating some into Arena if need be.

I would say they aren’t if they stick with AR start.