How much does the Arbiter know?

Watching the E3 trailer again and it’s got me thinking about just how much does the Arbiter know about John, and the ongoing events?

He knows that something is threatening the whole universe (he may know exactly what) but it’s curious that he knows that a) John is alive and b) that there is something in his past that they need to fight. I also wonder who sought who out; did Locke go looking for the Arbiter, or vice versa or was it a chance encounter?

Is any of this covered in the current books/comics?

I don’t have a educated guess on what all the Arby knows.

I believe, from what the Arbiter said, it sounds like the Flood.

My guess on how Locke and Arby met is: Arby went looking for Chief and came upon Locke for answers. Thus, they are looking for him together.

It isn’t covered YET but the next three issues of Halo: Escalation explain what happened to Chief directly after Halo 4. So hopefully we’ll find out exactly what the Arbiter is referencing then.

In the entire Halo series if there was a non-human that i can say is the most informed about current events it would be Thel.

> In the entire Halo series if there was a non-human that i can say is the most informed about current events it would be Thel.

What would be interesting is if Thel fills in the gap between Halo 3 and Halo 4 at the start of Halo 5.

> > In the entire Halo series if there was a non-human that i can say is the most informed about current events it would be Thel.
>
> What would be interesting is if Thel fills in the gap between Halo 3 and Halo 4 at the start of Halo 5.

I’m sure he will somewhat, alot changed.

The flood will return that is certain, but your theory I disagree I don’t think that is what he is talking about. Think to more recent events, The storm faction now has many things to throw at the arbiter, Halsey who could upgrade their tech to unreal levels, they have half of the Genis Key, but also possibly the Didact. Now that last one is speculation because we don’t even know if he is alive. Something else to note is that there wars are going on at the moment so there is lot tension at the moment. Arby knows Chief and he knows something crippled Chief, let me repeat that “CRIPPLED” chief he knows that this is a threat to be reckoned with. Here is two pieces of food for though, what if the Didact is alive and knows how to build the Composer again, then comes along Halsey and Juel M’dama, Halsey upgrades the composer, big problem, or what if the BIG Ark (Not the one that was destroyed/damaged, we don’t know) and they fix the small ark and reprogram that ring so instead of emitting a blue light of death it releases what would be the equivalent to the composers beam.