How much camping is there in Halo 4?

Every time I turn on Promethean vision it seems like no one is moving and everyone is crouching in a corner with a power weapon.

The situation is especially bad on maps like Adrift and Abandon. The amount of camping on those two is insane. Then there are other maps like Complex and Ragnarok which also promote another kind of camping where you hide behind a rock or a cliff with Camo and pick people off that are trying to move around. That’s why I can’t stand playing the game anymore because you simply cannot escape from those scenarios, there are always try-hards doing that in every single game you play. It’s not entertaining in the slightest.

I see it happen from time to time when someone gets the sword or something or has the boltshot as secondary. In general though most players are moving trying to get the power positions on the map or recharging their shields vs. sitting in one corner waiting for the unsuspecting enemy to walk by.

If someone is camping get on the mike and call him out to your team so they don’t walk into that mess which will void the campers plans.

Well considering how the question is phrased I would say “More than other FPS’s” but that isn’t fair to Halo because most FPS games of what I would consider merit put a little more thought into their sandboxes such that camping is kept to an abslute minimum (since it stems from a very poor state where weapon power outstrips the maps ability to compensate for it leading to some people choosing instead to minimize the risk of, say, moving in favor of simply relying on the horrifically unbalanced sandbox to do the same job for them.)

That said, I will say that Halo 4 has apparently less camping than other Halo games. I wouldn’t exactly call it a smoothly paced game. Combat start and stops all the time and moving around is still just trouble waiting to happen but compared to Halo Reach and maybe even Halo 2 we’re better off.

well there is more camping in this game then in other halo’s… if you dont count map control as camping but there isnt too much camping, its still annoying though

> The situation is especially bad on maps like Adrift and Abandon. The amount of camping on those two is insane. Then there are other maps like Complex and Ragnarok which also promote another kind of camping where you hide behind a rock or a cliff with Camo and pick people off that are trying to move around. That’s why I can’t stand playing the game anymore because you simply cannot escape from those scenarios, there are always try-hards doing that in every single game you play. It’s not entertaining in the slightest.

You should go play some CoD and then really find out what camping is. I am absolutely done spending $60 dollars on any CoD game because of camping behind a desk or some dark corner.

I don’t think staying close to cover on maps like Ragnarock is camping, its smart game play. If you are running around in the open its no wonder you are getting picked off.

ITS OVER 9000!!!

People haven’t seen camping until they play CoD.

/votes

> You should go play some CoD and then really find out what camping is. I am absolutely done spending $60 dollars on any CoD game because of camping behind a desk or some dark corner.
>
> I don’t think staying close to cover on maps like Ragnarock is camping, its smart game play. If you are running around in the open its no wonder you are getting picked off.

I have Black Ops 2 as well and yes it does have a lot of campers, but honestly I actually feel as though Halo now has more camping in it than COD. In BO2, there is pretty much always a UAV up and the new Ghost perk only keeps you off the mini map if you are moving, which was a smart change from Treyarch. So that helped reduce camping somewhat.

Staying cloaked next to a rock on ragnarok/complex with a DMR is a degenerate direction for the game to go in. Saying “it’s smart play” doesn’t cut it; it’s only smart because of the way the game has been designed. It shouldn’t be smart play. If everybody played that way, it would pretty much be 0-0 every game because no one wants to move out in the open which is what Halo used to be all about and what made it different from other shooters. I (and I assume others do too) want the game to be fun, not some “smart–Yoink-” game where going invisible next to a rock is the best strategy.

> > You should go play some CoD and then really find out what camping is. I am absolutely done spending $60 dollars on any CoD game because of camping behind a desk or some dark corner.
> >
> > I don’t think staying close to cover on maps like Ragnarock is camping, its smart game play. If you are running around in the open its no wonder you are getting picked off.
>
> I have Black Ops 2 as well and yes it does have a lot of campers, but honestly I actually feel as though Halo now has more camping in it than COD. In BO2, there is pretty much always a UAV up and the new Ghost perk only keeps you off the mini map if you are moving, which was a smart change from Treyarch. So that helped reduce camping somewhat.
>
> Staying cloaked next to a rock on ragnarok/complex with a DMR is a degenerate direction for the game to go in. Saying “it’s smart play” doesn’t cut it; it’s only smart because of the way the game has been designed. It shouldn’t be smart play. If everybody played that way, it would pretty much be 0-0 every game because no one wants to move out in the open which is what Halo used to be all about and what made it different from other shooters. I (and I assume others do too) want the game to be fun, not some “smart–Yoink!-” game where going invisible next to a rock is the best strategy.

It’s mostly because of the way Ragnarok is designed. It’s not a damn BTB map, it’s not the way it was designed in Halo 3 and it really doesn’t work in Halo 4. It’s a big gorge with cover on the opposite sides of the map. The only way to win on that map is to be in the open as little as possible and to control the pelican for the most part.

I mostly see campers on Abandon who hide at that top pillar of the map, and the next map would be Adrift. But it’s really not that bad, it would be better without the damn Boltshot, which I really think is gonna be nerfed in the next TU (I’ll be really mad if it’s not). You can’t exactly run around with a Shotgun or a Scattershot and expect to be effective, you need to wait they can’t escape. I usually stand still on Adrift and watch the radar if I know enemies are coming. But I don’t camp, per se.

Its definatly less really if your saying more while saying that you havent played Halo 4 because your playing black ops 2 then your clearly lying. BO2 is a camp fest like my god its horrible but it feels so good to kill the camper just like in Halo but really in Halo if your a knowledgable skilled player campers are the least of your wories.

Because some players have been very loud about wanting short killtimes. They even make up graphs of the killtimes for weapons, only select the shortest, dismiss all others, and only considers a weapon “good” if the killtime is as short as a second.

Hardly any, though the exact amount varies from gametype to gametype. Like most Halos, if you aren’t moving, you’re going to be found. It’s especially difficult to camp now that (in Infinity variants) you don’t have to be around weapon spawns in order to get power weapons.

> The situation is especially bad on maps like <mark>Adrift and Abandon</mark>. The amount of camping on those two is insane. Then there are other maps like Complex and Ragnarok which also promote another kind of camping where you hide behind a rock or a cliff with Camo and pick people off that are trying to move around. That’s why I can’t stand playing the game anymore because you simply cannot escape from those scenarios, there are always try-hards doing that in every single game you play. It’s not entertaining in the slightest.

Agreed with Abandoned and Adrift. Christ it is really terrible with the map design which caters to campers and people who love to break map control.

Ragnarok isn’t as bad as the first two you stated simply because there isn’t as much Michael Bay grenade explosions going off and the fact that people actually use their guns is already amazing enough. Not to mention especially on that map, there isn’t as much cover, so you really need to think about your next move rather than thinking you’re safe and sound for over half the match.

it depends on the map and gametype.as soon as i finish the sticky detonator commendation, i will never play 4vs4 again.