how much better does this game look on xbox one x?

like for the owners of both consoles or have experienced it on both can you really tell a difference?

There was a similar thread awhile back on here and I think most people said they noticed a difference.

There is, and you do see it if you have a 4k tv or screen. Maybe you won’t see it the first time you play at 4k, but once you go back to the “normal” Xbox One, you will definitely see that is more “blurry”.

I have a 1080p tv and the x, I can notice a subtle difference even on games not patched.

I bought a nice 4k tv during black Friday so feel I want an xbox one x to use on it but been waiting tell more games are improved on it before i buy one

Everything is much crisper. It makes the weapons look like real life objects.

Titanfall 2 is the nicest looking game I’ve played on Xbox One X so far, but Halo 5 is certainly gorgeous too.

If you have a 4k television that is big enough (40" or larger in most cases) to be able to see all the extra pixels from your chair or couch? It’s fantastic.
If you have a very small 4k screen or a 1080 screen you aren’t gonna notice much. Just much faster load times.

Hopefully we get options in future One X titles that allow us to choose between 4k standard output and a 1080p output with massively increased post-processing, think like 4K vs an ENB, if you’ve ever tried to mod a Bethesda game.

I’ve owned the Xbox One, S and now the X. Your 4k tv upscales everything you see. If you noticed watching regular 1080p channels you get what they the soap opera effect on your favorite tv shows. It’s kind of odd getting used to seeing all the sets look so phony because you see more detail…lol. The difference I’ve noticed with the updated H5 to 4k is the colors. Really sharp, and the game play seems to be a little crisper. Plus the games load faster. I mostly use the X for blu-rays, netflix and vudu. All around entertainment center.

> 2533274891109163;1:
> like for the owners of both consoles or have experienced it on both can you really tell a difference?

Hi OP,

On top of what people are saying here, if you can use your new 4K TV’s browser to see YouTube video in 2160p/4K, you can see the effect for yourself on your new TV right now.

To get as realistic an experience as possible, I suggest sitting in the position you normally game at on TV, put your TV in Gaming Mode as you might for your XBox, then stream these at 2160p fullscreen to get the full effect. YouTube use compression which may causes some picture softening at times, so the actual gameplay on your TV would still be a little sharper than even this. Below are just a few “Halo on One X” videos I’ve picked out, search YouTube for more.

For other games, Digital Foundry have reviewed a lot of “Enhanced for One X” games and show off the upgraded graphics for each game compared to the originals, so check out their videos here, and search YouTube for gameplay videos:

HALO 5 CAMPAIGN ON ONE X

Digital Foundry’s review of Halo 5 Campaign for One X describes all the upgrades, includes both switching whole screens from One X to Original XBox One versions and back, and splitscreen side-by-side comparisons. Has footage of original 1080p unpatched, full 4K/60fps after updates, and the 4K Update version downscaled to 1080p (for 1080p screen owners):

Comparisons of Halo 5 graphics on regular XBox One and One X (words in Hispanic not in English).
H5 MULTIPLAYER ON ONE X

4K Warzone Firefight, March on Stormbreak Map:

4K Arena, Capture The Flag, Colosseum Map
XBOX-360 HALO 3 ON BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY

Even Halo Backwards Compatible titles are getting some work and look better than ever. When you load the original XBox 360 Halo 3 on Backwards Compatibility for One X, it downloads a new version for One X which now comes with high-res textures and full 1080p which is upscaled to 4K. I like the extra “3D-ness” of the trees here, and the improvement in the scene where they go in the gate at the end looks great:

We can only wait and see how Halo: Master Chief Collection looks (Beta tests in Spring?), and if they'll do Halo: Reach for BC updates for One X as wellto make it look as good as Halo 3. Only time will tell...

Hope these help. :slight_smile:

> 2535466834539387;9:
> > 2533274891109163;1:
> > like for the owners of both consoles or have experienced it on both can you really tell a difference?
>
> Hi OP,
>
> On top of what people are saying here, if you can use your new 4K TV’s browser to see YouTube video in 2160p/4K, you can see the effect for yourself on your new TV right now.
>
> To get as realistic an experience as possible, I suggest sitting in the position you normally game at on TV, put your TV in Gaming Mode as you might for your XBox, then stream these at 2160p fullscreen to get the full effect. YouTube use compression which may causes some picture softening at times, so the actual gameplay on your TV would still be a little sharper than even this. Below are just a few “Halo on One X” videos I’ve picked out, search YouTube for more.
>
> For other games, Digital Foundry have reviewed a lot of “Enhanced for One X” games and show off the upgraded graphics for each game compared to the originals, so check out their videos here, and search YouTube for gameplay videos:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalFoundry/videos
>
> HALO 5 CAMPAIGN ON ONE X
>
> Digital Foundry’s review of Halo 5 Campaign for One X describes all the upgrades, includes both switching whole screens from One X to Original XBox One versions and back, and splitscreen side-by-side comparisons. Has footage of original 1080p unpatched, full 4K/60fps after updates, and the 4K Update version downscaled to 1080p (for 1080p screen owners):
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMqhO4cs09w
>
> Comparisons of Halo 5 graphics on regular XBox One and One X (words in Hispanic not in English).
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjOm8P_IyT8
>
> H5 MULTIPLAYER ON ONE X
>
> 4K Warzone Firefight, March on Stormbreak Map:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unCHD1gBxSQ
>
> 4K Arena, Capture The Flag, Colosseum Map
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0uw9Te_KqU
>
> XBOX-360 HALO 3 ON BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY
>
> Even Halo Backwards Compatible titles are getting some work and look better than ever. When you load the original XBox 360 Halo 3 on Backwards Compatibility for One X, it downloads a new version for One X which now comes with high-res textures and full 1080p which is upscaled to 4K. I like the extra “3D-ness” of the trees here, and the improvement in the scene where they go in the gate at the end looks great:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX3NYmzr2ZQ
>
> We can only wait and see how Halo: Master Chief Collection looks (Beta tests in Spring?), and if they’ll do Halo: Reach for BC updates for One X as wellto make it look as good as Halo 3. Only time will tell…
>
> Hope these help. :slight_smile:

you know didn’t think about using YouTube on it to see, may try that, does youtube support native 4k on a smart tv?
also thanks for the list of videos ill check them out