How Mission 5 Should Have Ended [SPOILERS]

Not really spoilerie just a discussion about basically Spartan 2’s vs Spartan 4’s:

Mission 5 Discuss [SPOILERS!!!]
Locke vs Chief fight scene
So I just got done with mission 5, basically Osiris is on Meridian (a planet) and finds a guardian, and has a “race” scene with Blue Team when Osiris gets there.
I was very disappointed to see Spartan 2’s, Master Chief, BLUE TEAM in this scene, struggle.

The race scene was unbelievable. At first I knew Blue Team would outrun Osiris on anything. But -Yoink!- nope. As soon as they started running Blue Team was going at a jog pace. Even for me (and I run track/cross country) my jog’s are faster than that.
Osiris basically got there THE SAME TIME Blue Team got there and beat them.

The fight scene is when I lost it. To see Chief miss punches, to see him get punched… by a SPARTAN 4… was literally hurting me. I was damaged by this turn in the campaign.

Master Chief wins the fight, but berly. I honestly hoped, that 343 had learned from before about Spartan 2’s. I mean its obvious: Halo: Reach Animated Series, talk about Blue Team, the makers of Halo right now. They’ve been talking about how great the Spartan 2’s are for ever now and I see this cutscene fight.

"My spartans are humanity’s next step, a destiny as a species. Do not underestimate them, and most of all… do not underestimate him."

You can find the fight cutscene here: Mission 5 End Cutscene

First off, that scene is stupid for a variety of other reasons besides what you listed. First off, the fight scene was completely uncharacteristic of the Chief we know. Chief sucker punched Locke for seemingly no reason. Also, regarding Spartan II’s versus Spartan IV’s. The spartan IV program was started to create soldier’s comparable to Spartan II’s at the cost of a Spartan III. Most Spartan IV’s are war veterans to begin with. Just because Chief is an OG Spartan doesn’t mean a Spartan IV is a push over. Spartan IV’s still go through an augmentation process.

> 2533275050532363;1:
> Not really spoilerie just a discussion about basically Spartan 2’s vs Spartan 4’s:
>
>
> Mission 5 Discuss [SPOILERS!!!]
> Locke vs Chief fight scene
> So I just got done with mission 5, basically Osiris is on Meridian (a planet) and finds a guardian, and has a “race” scene with Blue Team when Osiris gets there.
> I was very disappointed to see Spartan 2’s, Master Chief, BLUE TEAM in this scene, struggle.
>
> The race scene was unbelievable. At first I knew Blue Team would outrun Osiris on anything. But -Yoink!- nope. As soon as they started running Blue Team was going at a jog pace. Even for me (and I run track/cross country) my jog’s are faster than that.
> Osiris basically got there THE SAME TIME Blue Team got there and beat them.
>
> The fight scene is when I lost it. To see Chief miss punches, to see him get punched… by a SPARTAN 4… was literally hurting me. I was damaged by this turn in the campaign.
>
> Master Chief wins the fight, but berly. I honestly hoped, that 343 had learned from before about Spartan 2’s. I mean its obvious: Halo: Reach Animated Series, talk about Blue Team, the makers of Halo right now. They’ve been talking about how great the Spartan 2’s are for ever now and I see this cutscene fight.
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> "My spartans are humanity’s next step, a destiny as a species. Do not underestimate them, and most of all… do not underestimate him."

I equated John’s performance to pushing himself, we already know at the beginning of H5 John has been pushing himself so hard the other spartan 2’s are worried. Now add the events of Halo 5 and well yeah Osiris could keep up because blue team wasn’t anywhere need 100%.

I agree in that things were off in that scene. BUT law wise

unarmored spartan 2 > unarmored spartans 4
Armoured Spartan 2 eqaul to armoured spartan 4

This is because a Spartans armour increases the spartans reflexes. Spartan 4’s armour is better than spartan 2’s and so make up the gap. Locke is one of the best spartan 4’s so thats why Chief had to somewhat struggle. And you can see once chief gets punched in the visor hes had enough and only then goes full out on locke

Chief is still way ahead compared to Locke. But I doubt Chief wanted to kill him, he technically isn’t an enemy nor a worry to Chief when compared to the Covenant and Prometheans so he wouldn’t go all out yet… until the visor crack that is.

I love that cutescene but I got to admit master chief should have beat the crap out of locke after all he is a Spartan 2

Chief wasn’t trying to kill Locke and Locke wasn’t trying to kill Chief. Notice the change in Chief’s behavior AFTER his visor is damaged. He gets serious and ends the fight. Spartan IVs and IIs are pretty close, but spartan IIs win out. Chief beat Locke. What more do you want?

> 2533274808466761;7:
> I love that cutescene but I got to admit master chief should have beat the crap out of locke after all he is a Spartan 2

Basically what I’m trying to explain ;D
I think the only thing wrong with Halo 5s story is the lore.
Also only playing 3/15 levels as Blue Team is a damn rip off. I’ve been playing as Osiris this whole time and I’m tired of it.

But yeah agreed that just cause Chief is pressing hineself doesn’t mean he is doing bad.
Chief is way ahead of anybody besides blue team and other Spartan 2s

> 2533274796217601;8:
> Chief wasn’t trying to kill Locke and Locke wasn’t trying to kill Chief. Notice the change in Chief’s behavior AFTER his visor is damaged. He gets serious and ends the fight. Spartan IVs and IIs are pretty close, but spartan IIs win out. Chief beat Locke. What more do you want?

Yeah I’ve been thinking about that also. Maybe Chief wasn’t trying to actually like seriously injure him.
Because Chief would actually seriously KILL locke