How many Xbox 360's have you gone through?

How many Xbox 360’s have you gone through?

I bought my first console that was not produced by Nintendo, in Winter 2010. A 4GB Xbox Slim. So recently I got a 320GB Hard Drive, but about a week or two after, I noticed that my Xbox is occasionally freezing. Occasionally, only some times. Alright, so I can ignore that problem. It’s fine. But I’ve also encountered problems with my Xbox EATING my discs! It’s slowly cutting through the centre of the disc. I have my 360 horizontally, in a good space, and I don’t move it. I’m racing to get all my games installed, ASAP. Has anyone encountered this problem? How many Xbox 360’s have you gone through? I’m just curious, because I’m thinking of purchasing a new one.

I am thinking about purchasing a new Xbox 360 because of Halo 4. That’s pretty much the only reason lol. Because a new Xbox will be very likely to come out in a couple of years, a new Xbox console will likely be my only console to purchase in a very long time. After Xbox 360 ends, when LIVE shuts down and people start to abandon Halo 4, I will be taking a break from gaming. A very long break. I’m turning 15 soon, and I want to focus on other things in my life than starting new on a new Xbox after the 360 dies.

Do Xbox 250GB Slim work better than the 4GB Slim’s? Should I repair my current Xbox? What Xbox should I get to play Halo 4? I’m confused and don’t know what to do because I already have a 320GB Hard Drive. I also really want the Limited Edition of Halo 4, so I may not want to get the Halo 4 Console. But if I have to, I’ll get it. Or should I just eat out at Taco Bell and risk crapping my pants for a chance to get that purple Xbox?

I have been through 4 360s but my original Xbox bought at launch is still working fine.

> I have been through 4 360s but my original Xbox bought at launch is still working fine.

Lucky. I thought the launch consoles were kind of crappy.

I’ve gone through 7 of them.

I Actually have 4 of them. I started with the Pro, then i got the Elite, and then I got 2 360S’s. I modded my Elite, but i barely use it for games i installed Microsoft windows basically turning my xbox to an Windows 360. Don’t ask how i did it. I just wanted to see how it would operate. Sounds impossible but what can you say, xbox is owned by microsoft, and microsoft is a “techy” type of PC.

I’ve had the same Console since 2006, and it’s been working fine.

> I’ve had the same Console since 2006, and it’s been working fine.

I bet it sounds like a jet engine? =P

> I’ve had the same Console since 2006, and it’s been working fine.

Why must I be the one with a bad Xbox?

My launch day 360 still works. Badly but works.

Still on my first. It did get the red ring of death at one point but that was fixed and its been fine since.

I’m currently on my 3rd.

2 but then i got xbox 360 slim

> > I’ve had the same Console since 2006, and it’s been working fine.
>
> Why must I be the one with a bad Xbox?

  • You don’t leave your Xbox 360 on for over 24 hours.
  • You leave it on its correct side and don’t block ANY of the vents.
  • You don’t pick it up all the time and move around parts.

If you follow the above tips, I doubt you’d have a ‘faulty’ Xbox 360. I have my first Xbox 360 and a new slim because I needed a quieter fan and larger hard drive.

I’m On my 2nd.

I bought a used one back in '09, it RRoD’d a few months later, I sent it to MS, and they sent me a brand new one for free. So I essentially got a new one for used price. That one still works, but I also bought a Slim so I could have a larger Hard Drive.

I’ve had three machines.

Got my first Xbox 360 on launch day, and kept that for a long time (never got RROD; I was one of the lucky ones). I ended up selling it because I had lost a ton of interest in console gaming.

Fast forward to the release of Reach, and it was time to get back into Halo. I bought it the week after Reach. Sadly, that 360’s ethernet port was destroyed when my house got hit my lightning (ethernet/power surge protectors do nothing in the event of a lightning strike). It still works today but I really dislike wireless.

I just bought a 3rd 360 about a month ago in preparation for Halo 4. Only to have a wired connection.

Only 2. I bought mine off ebay that had the RROD I tried to fix it so I looked it up all over Youtube for suggestions I didn’t do any silly -Yoink- like ‘put a towel over it and let it heat up’ lol yeah right fire hazard idiots. So my first 360 was I’d say…3 years ago. After I bought the system and everything the RROD kept returning so I got the last effort: ebay. Went there got it repaired and they gave me a free Modded fan to keep it cool but it doesn’t work well when summer is around and it craps out. So I needed to get a new one due to the memory so my old 360 will be a back up just in case anything happens to my new one which is a Slim. I got the Slim like last month and I love it it’s quiet unlike my old one with the fan inside. :slight_smile:

Got my Xbox 360 for Christmas 07, lasted until about April 09 when it had overheating problems, no matter how cool I kept it, it kept over overheating and giving 2 red rings.

Got it sent off to Microsoft saying I got the 3 RRoD and got a brand new motherboard, so I guess that counts as one still.

I bought an Xbox 360 Slim on release on July 16th, the day it came out and sold the old Xbox, sadly, it got permanently banned from Reach so I had to buy a new console to continue playing.

I’m still on that console today, so you could say I’ve been through two, three if you count the motherboard on the original one.

> > > I’ve had the same Console since 2006, and it’s been working fine.
> >
> > Why must I be the one with a bad Xbox?
>
> - You don’t leave your Xbox 360 on for over 24 hours.
> - You leave it on its correct side and don’t block ANY of the vents.
> - You don’t pick it up all the time and move around parts.
>
> If you follow the above tips, I doubt you’d have a ‘faulty’ Xbox 360. I have my first Xbox 360 and a new slim because I needed a quieter fan and larger hard drive.

I don’t believe I have left an Xbox on for over 24 hours. Unless you count turning off the Xbox but it still resumes downloading.

I used to have my 360 vertically, and after almost a year, my Reach broke down. I read somewhere to keep it horizontally, so that’s how I keep my Xbox now. None of the vents are blocked.

I don’t pick up my Xbox unless to occasionally move it. But if I do, I make sure that my Xbox is turned off and no disc is inside. I could have dropped my 360 once, but I don’t remember doing so.

Freezing occurs very rarely. But it does happen. I cleared my Hard Drive cache, and re-downloaded games from the marketplace that kept freezing and that seemed to solve the problem. So I guess I shouldn’t worry about my Xbox freezing.
I do believe my Xbox is a disc-eater though. It has only DESTROYED my Reach disc up to date, but I had my Xbox standing vertically then. Scratches form on the back of each disc I play, in random, circular form. It worries me. However, I may be worrying too much, and exaggerating the amount of scratches there are in my head.

> Got my Xbox 360 for Christmas 07, lasted until about April 09 when it had overheating problems, no matter how cool I kept it, it kept over overheating and giving 2 red rings.
>
> Got it sent off to Microsoft saying I got the 3 RRoD and got a brand new motherboard, so I guess that counts as one still.
>
> I bought an Xbox 360 Slim on release on July 16th, the day it came out and sold the old Xbox, sadly, it got permanently banned from Reach so I had to buy a new console to continue playing.
>
> I’m still on that console today, so you could say I’ve been through two, three if you count the motherboard on the original one.

Wait, so if your console gets banned from a game can you resume playing on another console with the same gamertag?

Thanks for your post, The Little Moa! But do you know if Xbox 250GB Slim’s work better than the 4GB? I’m assuming you’re using the 4GB Slim?