How many times have you died to the boltshot?

I always thought it was a super OP weapon until I realized I only died to it 25 times (in slayer). While I died to it the most in Regicide (62 times). I was pretty surprised because it feels like I die to it all the time.

What about you guys?

I just don’t like that you have the ability to spawn with a shotgun-like weapon. It’s ridiculous how many times I die by it when I should have won if it were not a factor.

However I understand that it’s apart of the game and I can only adapt and get over it.

So I have died quite a few times from it.

I’ve hardly even been killed by it, like 8 times overall. When I do die against it I always say, “Wow, I could of done better in that situation, I could of done this or this.” I always try to better myself instead of complaining. I don’t see why people complain about it so much in all honesty.

• Jyypo

Maybe 6-7 times…

Dont forget that if it takes out your shields which then causes you to die that still counts for it killing you even tho the stats don’t say it.

Yeah, same here, I hardly ever die from it. The reality is that its psychological impact is greater than its actual in game impact. It’s also hard to use against anyone with good movement/jumping, and one miss and you’re dead. A much overrated weapon. I would add one caveat to that. Because of your unknown trueskill rating, your experience with this may be different from someone else’s. I’ve seen films of guys like Ninja being very effective with bolt shot, so it may be more of a problem at the extremes of the true skill spectrum than at the middle.

taking down your shields isn’t that much of an argument. Storm rifles do the same. DMR’s do the same. Carbines do the same. MG turrets do the same etc. etc. etc.

> However I understand that it’s apart of the game and I can only adapt and get over it.

But it didn’t have to be this way. It’s like saying maxing out the ranks at 130 and watching players get there in 3 weeks is “part of the game”. The decision making process that went into releasing Halo 4 before it was ready was idiotic.

Whenever I see someone coming at me with a Boltshot I jump and thrustpack over their heads, never fails.

That ish needs to be nerfed, super nerfed. Just in multiplayer though.

Couldn’t tell you, but far more than I’d like.

Needs a nerf, there’s no way it should OHK.

> I always thought it was a super OP weapon until I realized I only died to it 25 times (in slayer). While I died to it the most in Regicide (62 times). I was pretty surprised because it feels like I die to it all the time.
>
> What about you guys?

Wait, are you telling me you were exaggerating how over powered it is? Shocking!

Despite what some here think, that weapon is not over powered at all. I hardly ever get killed by that thing. I even hate using it because it’s worthless compared to other secondary weapons. The pistol outclasses almost everything in this game. The pistol is so underrated, it’s not even funny.

Not allot.

I’ve killed plenty of people with it though.

Do you know what I find most annoying in multiplayer? Sticky 'nades. I’ve killed someone and gotten a blob of blue on my visor as a reward for my troubles too many times recently.

35 times. That is a sad statistic. Good game 343.

> Dont forget that if it takes out your shields which then causes you to die that still counts for it killing you even tho the stats don’t say it.

Yeah that too, if you aren’t dead then your shields are gone.

The range it has is ridiculous though. It needs balancing.

Not sure, but not very much. I see people (corpses mainly) with the Boltshot all the time but they never use it. I very rarely find someone camping around the corner with a Boltshot. Then again, I only play Dominion.

Hardly ever, maybe 30 times in the entire time I’ve played Halo 4.

> taking down your shields isn’t that much of an argument. Storm rifles do the same. DMR’s do the same. Carbines do the same. MG turrets do the same etc. etc. etc.

All those weapons kill you also, the difference is this is in one shot.