How many quits until you get banned?

I find this funny that I even got banned at all considering that I may have quit out of like 4 or 5 games total on Halo 5, two of which I just randomly got lagged out of.

I quit the last game I was playing because my teammates were sitting there just killing each other while I’m playing an obvious team of four that had a full setup on us and calling out. Then when my teammates are constantly shooting me and getting me weak, they come and just clean me up haha… Like, who will stay in that game?

I have no problem with banning people who frequently quit, but I practically never quit so I have no reason why my one quit for today gave me a ban lol.

Ban thread is at the top, mate. Have a go there.

> 2535440589614431;1:
> I find this funny that I even got banned at all considering that I may have quit out of like 4 or 5 games total on Halo 5, two of which I just randomly got lagged out of.
>
> I quit the last game I was playing because my teammates were sitting there just killing each other while I’m playing an obvious team of four that had a full setup on us and calling out. Then when my teammates are constantly shooting me and getting me weak, they come and just clean me up haha… Like, who will stay in that game?
>
> I have no problem with banning people who frequently quit, but I practically never quit so I have no reason why my one quit for today gave me a ban lol.

Doesn’t matter that it was one quit today, it has to do with the cumulative number of times you’ve quit. If you’ve only truly quit 5 times, then there’s your magic number.

That doesnt even make sense.

> 2535440589614431;4:
> That doesnt even make sense.

Who are you replying to?

They dont provide exact numbers on how many quits it takes, they never have. This would allow people to abuse the system, or at least quit as many times as possible without getting banned.

> 2560081931056311;5:
> > 2535440589614431;4:
> > That doesnt even make sense.
>
>
> Who are you replying to?

You lol. That doesn’t make sense. So I’ve played practically 400 games of Arena, and quit of 5 of them, 2 of which are lag outs… And that’s worthy of a ban? Haha. That doesn’t make any sense whatsoever but okay I guess.

> 2535440589614431;7:
> > 2560081931056311;5:
> > > 2535440589614431;4:
> > > That doesnt even make sense.
> >
> >
> > Who are you replying to?
>
>
> You lol. That doesn’t make sense. So I’ve played practically 400 games of Arena, and quit of 5 of them, 2 of which are lag outs… And that’s worthy of a ban? Haha. That doesn’t make any sense whatsoever but okay I guess.

I didn’t come up with the rule, I was just using the facts you game me to give you a possible answer. Also, the fact that two were lag outs doesn’t really matter, there’s no way of differentiating those from someone intentionally disconnecting their connection or something like that.
It doesn’t really have to make sense to you, its not your system. I know it sounds harsh, but that’s the way it is.

> 2560081931056311;8:
> > 2535440589614431;7:
> > > 2560081931056311;5:
> > > > 2535440589614431;4:
> > > > That doesnt even make sense.
> > >
> > >
> > > Who are you replying to?
> >
> >
> > You lol. That doesn’t make sense. So I’ve played practically 400 games of Arena, and quit of 5 of them, 2 of which are lag outs… And that’s worthy of a ban? Haha. That doesn’t make any sense whatsoever but okay I guess.
>
>
> I didn’t come up with the rule, I was just using the facts you game me to give you a possible answer. Also, the fact that two were lag outs doesn’t really matter, there’s no way of differentiating those from someone intentionally disconnecting their connection or something like that.
> It doesn’t really have to make sense to you, its not your system. I know it sounds harsh, but that’s the way it is.

I never said you did lol. I’m just saying this system is stupid, but nevertheless I don’t mind it being there. If it were like Halo Reach’s, it would make more sense, but then again that would require a developer like Bungie.

This is the wrong forum. Please use the ban thread in the support forum section.

Yes well, I believe the ban hammer is unjustified, especially with such poor servers. My friends and I get disconnected very often. Example, we were playing warzone, I had 2 legendary boss kills and we were winning 900-200, I then got disconnected. A few matches later in arena, the game was about to start up, and then all 4 of us lost connection. Luckily, we didn’t get banned, but if it happened once more, we would have. All because of the servers, not from us quitting. Fix the servers, then the ban hammer will be justified.

> 2560081931056311;8:
> > 2535440589614431;7:
> > > 2560081931056311;5:
> > > > 2535440589614431;4:
> > > > That doesnt even make sense.
> > >
> > >
> > > Who are you replying to?
> >
> >
> > You lol. That doesn’t make sense. So I’ve played practically 400 games of Arena, and quit of 5 of them, 2 of which are lag outs… And that’s worthy of a ban? Haha. That doesn’t make any sense whatsoever but okay I guess.
>
>
> I didn’t come up with the rule, I was just using the facts you game me to give you a possible answer. Also, the fact that two were lag outs doesn’t really matter, there’s no way of differentiating those from someone intentionally disconnecting their connection or something like that.
> It doesn’t really have to make sense to you, its not your system. I know it sounds harsh, but that’s the way it is.

I dunno, I think I’ve quit more than 5 times since launch (for various reasons that forced me out), and I didn’t get a ban until the fireteam I was in went into Warzone and I got banned for a bit for idling.

Is there any established metric to this?

> 2533274875084332;11:
> Yes well, I believe the ban hammer is unjustified, especially with such poor servers. My friends and I get disconnected very often. Example, we were playing warzone, I had 2 legendary boss kills and we were winning 900-200, I then got disconnected. A few matches later in arena, the game was about to start up, and then all 4 of us lost connection. Luckily, we didn’t get banned, but if it happened once more, we would have. All because of the servers, not from us quitting. Fix the servers, then the ban hammer will be justified.

My point exactly.

Hey LindsaY, we’re keeping all the ban discussion on the support forums right now with a dedicated ban thread. Feel free to add your thoughts / issues there :slight_smile:

> 2533274880633045;2:
> Ban thread is at the top, mate. Have a go there.

Linky McLinkerson.