How many people playing Halo 4 right now?

I’m on Reach right now, just for old time sakes, and I was just curious to know how many players are currently on Halo 4 right now.

Reach surprised me, it says there are 68,000 ppl online I thought it would me much less but obviously im glad to see that many still playing it.

135,317 are currently on Halo 4, but apparently it’s a dying game.

Reach’s population counter shows everyone regardless of what game mode.

Many people still play it because:

[/li]- Not everyone has Halo 4 yet.

• It’s better then Halo 4.

Why do you think around 12,000 people still play Halo 3? That game is 5 years old.

> 135,317 are currently on Halo 4, but apparently it’s a dying game.

I just checked that for myself. Thats a huge drop from 200k over the weekends.

Go to Halo 4 Intel, then click on Playlists. The current number is over 135,000. Also, There is not that many people playing Reach, the numbers are bugged and have been for a while.

> 135,317 are currently on Halo 4, but apparently it’s a dying game.

That’s not really good compared to the 400,000 they used to have at one point in time. Now it’s steady at 200,000.

> Many people still play it because:
>
> [/li]- Not everyone has Halo 4 yet.
> - It’s better then Halo 4.
>
>
> Why do you think around 12,000 people still play Halo 3? That game is 5 years old.

I don’t consider that stain to be better then Halo 4. Even Halo 3 is better then Reach.If you consider Armor Lock, Reachs Jetpack, flawed matchmaking, betrayal and quit ban systems to be better then Halo 4. Also the fact that Halo 4 had a pre-launch MLG tournament and Reach didn’t says a lot also.

> I don’t consider that stain to be better then Halo 4. Even Halo 3 is better then Reach.If you consider Armor Lock, Reachs Jetpack, flawed matchmaking, betrayal and quit ban systems to be better then Halo 4. Also the fact that Halo 4 had a pre-launch MLG tournament and Reach didn’t says a lot also.

If you think it’s not better then Halo 4 then I just feel sorry for you. Yeah, Halo 3 is better then Reach. I never said it wasn’t.

When I played, Jetpacks and Armor Lock were removed when the TU update came into place. There wasn’t any stupid crap like that in Team Doubles(Jetpacks, yeah but not many people used it nor was it a problem) or MLG(Same as before).

Matchmaking wasn’t flawed at all, really. The ‘quit ban system’ was kind of annoying, but it’s a good punishment for the -Yoinks!- who rage quit mid game.

Halo: Reach had a BETA that Pro’s where playing, testing. Halo 4 has been officially released and it feels like it’s in an ALPHA stage and lost all of it’s community(The majority) within two weeks. 2 WEEKS, sad.

> Also the fact that Halo 4 had a pre-launch MLG tournament and Reach didn’t says a lot also.

Yeah, it grabbed some competitive players, then let them down when the game officially came out. Congrats?

• Just adding that on to my other statement.

Now there is only about 18, 000 people playing. It makes me sad. Halo 4 deserves better than this. Yes, it is a flawed game, in certain aspects, but so is every other game. No game is completely perfect. Halo 4 is certainly one of my favourite Halo games, only topped by the amazing Halo 3. Halo 2 was good also. But to say Reach is a good HALO game? I think not.

you wanna talk about no players, i got on halo 4 either christmas or the day after and there were less than, say 5000 players at the time. that was nuts. i was like, yeah, challenge time. but there was no one on to compete with! and that was like, xmas! how many ppl got halo 4 on xmas and decided to wait a day? apparently every single one.

we should see a population boost after the TU. pretty sure 343 is listening to us, and we’ll at least get some of the stuff we’d like to see. but if they don’t turn things around with that update, i think the future of halo is going to be questionable at best. or ppl will go back to halo 3 and reach, and halo 5 will introduce more classic options. unless 343 hates all the halo fanatics out there…

if anybody else got on xmas day, or the day after, and saw what i did, let me know.

> Now there is only about 18, 000 people playing. It makes me sad. Halo 4 deserves better than this. Yes, it is a flawed game, in certain aspects, but so is every other game. No game is completely perfect. Halo 4 is certainly one of my favourite Halo games, only topped by the amazing Halo 3. Halo 2 was good also. But to say Reach is a good HALO game? I think not.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone with this view…I almost think you made a typo in there because of it.

The last post comes at the end of February – I am posting at the end of June.

As of now, MS is awarding 10M points to various gamers who play Halo 4.

From December to March (I stopped playing just before Gears: Judgement), H4 was ranging from about 50-90,000 players a day. I know because I counted.

Reach “died” in February – 10,000 players play as opposed to the 20-50,000 in December 2012 when Halo 4 had a temporary boost in #'s from the holiday season. (Reach still had a nice complement of 60-80,000 even when H4 came out. For the first year, Reach was easily 100k a day. In the first month, the lowest Reach had was less than 200,000).

Halo 3, last time I played in the fall of 2012 before Halo 4 came out, had less than 2,000 players.

For the record, Gears Judgement has dropped from 80,000-100,000 players to what Gears 3 has had for a year: 2,000 or more (Gears 3 has 2,000 or LESS). I haven’t played Judgement in nearly a month so I have to check again.

Yes I am spelling “judgement” correctly.

I will log in soon and post an update as to how many people are playing Halo 4 (and Gears).

Oh yeah, back when I started playing Gears in Aug/Sep 2011, Gears 1 had a few hundred players left and it has still maintained a few dozen or less to about a 100. Gears 2 had great numbers for a few months after Gears 3 launched, but it is so buggy (the game can’t be started sometimes) with many players I doubt it is surviving to the level of Gears 1 did.

> > I don’t consider that stain to be better then Halo 4. Even Halo 3 is better then Reach.If you consider Armor Lock, Reachs Jetpack, flawed matchmaking, betrayal and quit ban systems to be better then Halo 4. Also the fact that Halo 4 had a pre-launch MLG tournament and Reach didn’t says a lot also.
>
> If you think it’s not better then Halo 4 then I just feel sorry for you. Yeah, Halo 3 is better then Reach. I never said it wasn’t.
>
> When I played, Jetpacks and Armor Lock were removed when the TU update came into place. There wasn’t any stupid crap like that in Team Doubles(Jetpacks, yeah but not many people used it nor was it a problem) or MLG(Same as before).
>
> Matchmaking wasn’t flawed at all, really. The ‘quit ban system’ was kind of annoying, but it’s a good punishment for the -Yoinks!- who rage quit mid game.
>
> Halo: Reach had a BETA that Pro’s where playing, testing. Halo 4 has been officially released and it feels like it’s in an ALPHA stage and lost all of it’s community(The majority) within two weeks. 2 WEEKS, sad.

You can feel sorry for us all you want, I will gladly never put that reach disk in ever again. Having too much fun on Halo 4.

Right now it says there are 12,183 people playing Halo 4 lol.