How many more Mainline Halos should Chief be in?

There are people who wouldn’t mind Chief dying in Halo 6, and there are many people like me who would hate to see that happen. Master Chief to me is too important for the Halo franchise to kill off so soon if Microsoft and 343 are planning games for halo for the next 2 decades. Master Chief made Halo what halo was and is today. I am all for killing off Chief somehow but not now. No where this soon. I believe Chief will die in Halo 8. Its a Reclaimer Saga and Halo 6 is only the third installment. what do you guys think?

OP

This is like saying how many mainline Batman comics should have Batman in.

As an aside they have said that the Reclaimer saga will be more than 3 games long and that they have plans going many years in the future. He ain’t dying anytime soon.

He should be in Halo 6 and then his story should end. If 343 drag it out any longer than necessary his story will most likely become un original and clumsy.

> 2533274803587475;2:
> OP
>
> This is like saying how many mainline Batman comics should have Batman in.
>
> As an aside they have said that the Reclaimer saga will be more than 3 games long and that they have plans going many years in the future. He ain’t dying anytime soon.

Yes total war, but Master Chief’s story is only a small particle compared to the entire halo universe whether it be before his time, during, and after when his story ends. 343 said they have an idea of how his story ends, but they also did say they and microsoft KNOW what they will be doing a decade from now. So I don’t know if that indicates that he will still be around for another decade or so which i hope he does. But i hope they end his story right without screwing up Microsoft’s chances of making other halos flop entirely.

Halo 6 should be the last chapter of the Master Chief

> 2533274904245048;3:
> He should be in Halo 6 and then his story should end. If 343 drag it out any longer than necessary his story will most likely become un original and clumsy.

Why? each mainline halo comes out 3 years apart. its not like assassins creed where it comes out every year for the most part (though i am a huge fan of AC). Though i do agree that maybe they should take a break and spin something off and alternate from whatever spin offs they do whether it be a trilogy or a saga of its own, to make master chief’s story fresher and people are way more excited for it.

Resolving the stuff with Cortana and the Created will take more than one game. The scale of the conflict alone warrants that. Even that’s assuming we don’t end up with Chief helping Cortana in a redemption arc with te return of the flood. Yeah they’ve got more than enough stuff to cover.

> 2533274803587475;7:
> Resolving the stuff with Cortana and the Created will take more than one game. The scale of the conflict alone warrants that. Even that’s assuming we don’t end up with Chief helping Cortana in a redemption arc with te return of the flood. Yeah they’ve got more than enough stuff to cover.

There is definately more games that will be with master chief. Halo 5 threw a huge curveball that could make the next few games be filled with the conflict that Master Chief and UnSc is dealing with now thanks to Cortana and the AI joining her and whomever faction joins her side.

well when he dies I probably won’t be buying any more halo games.
I dont want to play a game starring spartan locke again.
not for $60 anyways.

> 2533274800656155;9:
> well when he dies I probably won’t be buying any more halo games.
> I dont want to play a game starring spartan locke again.
> not for $60 anyways.

Honestly, Agent Locke will probably be with the Master Chief games until Chief’s story ends and i doubt they will continue with Locke. Considering the backlash they had in H5 with Agent Locke’s amount of appearence in the game, 343 probably will let him die with Master Chief

Seven

1 Billion ( around that )