How many more games should there be?

Now, I know there’s a poitn to where it should stop and let’s face it: we will all be sad when Halo is over; but I hope that the new trilogy wont be the end to halo games.

I would like another game where our MP spartan is the one used in campaign but this time make him/her the real main character, one with a definitive background, personality… heck, maybe even make it similar to mass effect where the dcisions you make throughout the game affect how character’s respond to you and how you progress through the game.

yeah… a halo version of mass effect would be cool… but that’s besides the point.

I really hope we get more Halo games other than the new trilogy. at least keep making them till 2020.

what do you guys/ladies think?

Another trilogy means at least another ten years, I dunno about how many games though.

> Another trilogy means at least another ten years, I dunno about how many games though.

Main storyline games come out almost every 2 years.

Although I never want them to end, it’s a really possibility that Halo dies with the Chief, and if he goes it’ll probably be in Halo 6.

I say we got at least 6 years of Halo left, and that’s still way more than I ever thought we’d get - so I’m just going to enjoy each new moment we’re blessed with.

> > Another trilogy means at least another ten years, I dunno about how many games though.
>
> Main storyline games come out almost every 2 years.

2-3 years

> Although I never want them to end, it’s a really possibility that Halo dies with the Chief, and if he goes it’ll probably be in Halo 6.
>
> I say we got at least 6 years of Halo left, and that’s still way more than I ever thought we’d get - so I’m just going to enjoy each new moment we’re blessed with.

yeah… still, it’s great while it lasts. besides, halo will never die really. Customs in all the games are always a blast with your best buds.

> > > Another trilogy means at least another ten years, I dunno about how many games though.
> >
> > Main storyline games come out almost every 2 years.
>
> 2-3 years

2001, 2004, 2007, 2010 (Yes, I count Reach as a main game. It was, just not in Chief’s arc.) But that put’s the schedule on a 3 year rotation making the idea of this trilogy lasting us until 2020 (weird to even contemplate that date so far into the future) very plausible.

I’d like the new trilogy, and then a Halo Wars 2. Then I want it to stop before it becomes Star Wars.

> I’d like the new trilogy, and then a Halo Wars 2. Then I want it to stop before it becomes Star Wars.

How about a Halo reach ODST?
and yeah… I don’t think 343 will be sellouts like Lucas… Microsoft however…

> > I’d like the new trilogy, and then a Halo Wars 2. Then I want it to stop before it becomes Star Wars.
>
> How about a Halo reach ODST?
> and yeah… I don’t think 343 will be sellouts like Lucas… Microsoft however…

I’m not sure why it would be called Halo: Reach ODST. Maybe get it’s own engine and come out as ODST 2. Halo 3: ODST was really just an experiment that worked well and kept Reach from leaking out of the gutters.

The number of games depends on how well Halo 4 does.

> The number of games depends on how well Halo 4 does.

No, it depends on how many ideas Microsoft can come up with before every possible piece of the Halo universe is milked. Not ragging on 343i, just Money$oft.

> > The number of games depends on how well Halo 4 does.
>
> No, it depends on how many ideas Microsoft can come up with before every possible piece of the Halo universe is milked. Not ragging on 343i, just Money$oft.

If Halo 4 turns out to be crap then the smart thing to do is stop the game part of the franchise and move to movies. This should be common sense.

> > > The number of games depends on how well Halo 4 does.
> >
> > No, it depends on how many ideas Microsoft can come up with before every possible piece of the Halo universe is milked. Not ragging on 343i, just Money$oft.
>
> If Halo 4 turns out to be crap then the smart thing to do is stop the game part of the franchise and move to movies. This should be common sense.

Since when does Microsoft have common sense?

Considering Mario games are 30 years old since they started in 1981 and still going strong and 343 industries was made just for Halo, Halo will probably still be here in 50 years.

> Considering Mario games are 30 years old since they started in 1981 and still going strong and 343 industries was made just for Halo, Halo will probably still be here in 50 years.

So my childhood can be ruined to entertain my kids! XD