how many more attempts do they want?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

343 are incompetent at making halo, thats a proven fact. why do fans boys defend them at everyturn they took a massive game series and ran its popularity into the ground. Its pretty much been 10 years they have made 3 major halo games which were generic garbage and then in the process of making another halo 5 or destiny 3. People who defend them say ohhh halo 2 3 are just nostalgia which is utter crap those were great games point blank period they stuck to the halo formula but added new things each time without ruining the balance and alot of people still play them to this day. Its time to go!

While I do agree that Bugie’s Halo games are amazing games on their own, I wouldn’t say 343 are incompetant at making games. Halo 4 may have changed a lot of things, but the pieces of a Halo game are still there. Look at Master Chief Collection. That game released in a terrible state, but 343 has been updating it. The game is now playable and better than before with improved player customization, improved forge, and more (things like the improved audio, improved challenge system, and a new skull in the latest update.) Halo 5, is the Halo game I liked the least because it took away the fun of local play, and you had to unlock everything through microtransactions. I honestly am not a fan of that, but, 343 has updated that game over the years as well, and now it has a really neat version of forge, and tons of game modes and armor to choose from (maybe too much armor.) The gameplay still can be fun in 343’s Halo games, you just have to look. 343 has made many mistakes, but they also have shown that they care (that’s what I think.) Halo Infinite’s gameplay relies less on the advanced mobility of Halo 5, so it may play more like a classic Halo game. They have classic weapon and enemy designs too.

Halo Infinite does look promising, however with 343, I’m worried the game’s either gonna release in a buggy state, or not have enough content. I’m hoping the campaign will be fantastic from beginning to end, as I didn’t really like Halo 5’s story overall. I haven’t lost faith in 343 yet, and the things I’ve said have shown that I’m not a fanboy. I am optimistic though. I try to find enjoyment or something I like from the games I play, even with the games I don’t like. I’ve been able to find that in all of the Halo games, even Halo 5 (I still find the gameplay to be fun despite the things I said before.)

Edit: Another thing that makes me think they care? I could drive the Golden Warthog in Halo 2 Anniversary.

Most game companies are corrupt, greedy, and evil. 343 often feels like its just bad at its job. They seem to have passion, but the inability to deliver.

> 2533274822659667;1:
> 343 are incompetent at making halo, thats a proven fact. why do fans boys defend them at everyturn they took a massive game series and ran its popularity into the ground. Its pretty much been 10 years they have made 3 major halo games which were generic garbage and then in the process of making another halo 5 or destiny 3. People who defend them say ohhh halo 2 3 are just nostalgia which is utter crap those were great games point blank period they stuck to the halo formula but added new things each time without ruining the balance and alot of people still play them to this day. Its time to go!

That’s actually a matter of opinion due to its subjective nature. If we are to look at actual facts 343 has released 5 games with the title halo 4 of which worked upon release. I would say that this is evidence of at least some level of competence (from a purely technical pov).

While I definitely have my issues with much of what they released opinions should never be confused with or presented as facts.

In my opinion few games will ever stand up to the greatness that is CE 2 and 3.
But the fact of the matter is Microsoft owns the thing you love and can do with it as they please.

In answer to your title they want as many tries as they can afford. If you want change stop buying all their titles. The mouse era :star2: wars shows that it can work if their wallet feels it.

Personally I hope you are wrong about infinite. And I will buy it after release. But I will not buy another console to play halo like I did for the last 3 generations.

Every time I hear another halo fan talk about how 343 all needs to go I just feel like it’s a bit melodramatic. I used to have a favorite movie theatre by my house. Then it got new management and things changed for the worse. After a few years and appropriately handled complaints to hr/ corporate things changed back it didn’t require a clean sweep only minor adjustments to re-aquire the thing I loved.

Steps off soap box

Edit:

> 2533274964189700;3:
> Most game companies are corrupt, greedy, and evil. 343 often feels like its just bad at its job. They seem to have passion, but the inability to deliver.

Ah yes game corporations the true evil of our time.

> 2533274862926994;4:
> > 2533274822659667;1:
> > 343 are incompetent at making halo, thats a proven fact. why do fans boys defend them at everyturn they took a massive game series and ran its popularity into the ground. Its pretty much been 10 years they have made 3 major halo games which were generic garbage and then in the process of making another halo 5 or destiny 3. People who defend them say ohhh halo 2 3 are just nostalgia which is utter crap those were great games point blank period they stuck to the halo formula but added new things each time without ruining the balance and alot of people still play them to this day. Its time to go!
>
> That’s actually a matter of opinion due to its subjective nature. If we are to look at actual facts 343 has released 5 games with the title halo 4 of which worked upon release. I would say that this is evidence of at least some level of competence (from a purely technical pov).
>
> While I definitely have my issues with much of what they released opinions should never be confused with or presented as facts.
>
> In my opinion few games will ever stand up to the greatness that is CE 2 and 3.
> But the fact of the matter is Microsoft owns the thing you love and can do with it as they please.
>
> In answer to your title they want as many tries as they can afford. If you want change stop buying all their titles. The mouse era :star2: wars shows that it can work if their wallet feels it.
>
> Personally I hope you are wrong about infinite. And I will buy it after release. But I will not buy another console to play halo like I did for the last 3 generations.
>
> Every time I hear another halo fan talk about how 343 all needs to go I just feel like it’s a bit melodramatic. I used to have a favorite movie theatre by my house. Then it got new management and things changed for the worse. After a few years and appropriately handled complaints to hr/ corporate things changed back it didn’t require a clean sweep only minor adjustments to re-aquire the thing I loved.
>
> Steps off soap box
>
> Edit:
>
>
> > 2533274964189700;3:
> > Most game companies are corrupt, greedy, and evil. 343 often feels like its just bad at its job. They seem to have passion, but the inability to deliver.
>
> Ah yes game corporations the true evil of our time.

yeah it is an opinion but by the reaction of the games they have released its the majority opinion people are turned off by 343. Personally i think they are garbage and i think i have my reasons to believe that. Im down for change everything has to change or have new things added to make the next game exciting and fresh but when you go so far away from the formula of the previous games and literally change everything thats way to far and people are not going to like it. I do believe infinite will be better than 4-5 i can say that now just because were on a halo ring and they have returned some of the classic designs to the game but i still hate alot of the stuff i saw in the demo generic guns, really -Yoink- weapon sounds, hit markers, sprint, grapple hook etc

> 2533274964189700;3:
> Most game companies are corrupt, greedy, and evil. 343 often feels like its just bad at its job. They seem to have passion, but the inability to deliver.

i always get a corporate vibe from interviews with people who work at 343, bungie were nerds who loved making games.

> 2533274822659667;1:
> 343 are incompetent at making halo, thats a proven fact. why do fans boys defend them at everyturn they took a massive game series and ran its popularity into the ground. Its pretty much been 10 years they have made 3 major halo games which were generic garbage and then in the process of making another halo 5 or destiny 3. People who defend them say ohhh halo 2 3 are just nostalgia which is utter crap those were great games point blank period they stuck to the halo formula but added new things each time without ruining the balance and alot of people still play them to this day. Its time to go!

I’ve been a fan of Halo for 20 years, I’m a fan of Halo 2 and 3 (I consider Halo 3 to be the perfect game), and still stand up for 343, where does that leave me?

> 2533274842428280;7:
> > 2533274822659667;1:
> > 343 are incompetent at making halo, thats a proven fact. why do fans boys defend them at everyturn they took a massive game series and ran its popularity into the ground. Its pretty much been 10 years they have made 3 major halo games which were generic garbage and then in the process of making another halo 5 or destiny 3. People who defend them say ohhh halo 2 3 are just nostalgia which is utter crap those were great games point blank period they stuck to the halo formula but added new things each time without ruining the balance and alot of people still play them to this day. Its time to go!
>
> I’ve been a fan of Halo for 20 years, I’m a fan of Halo 2 and 3 (I consider Halo 3 to be the perfect game), and still stand up for 343, where does that leave me?

why do you stand up for them?

It’s been ten years. It’s time for people to let go of their nostalgia blinding Bungie-era Halo.
If you don’t like it, you can leave. Or just appreciate that you have a new game.

And all we’ve seen is an 8 minute demo. Stop being so quick to judge. You haven’t even played it yet.

> 2533274964189700;3:
> Most game companies are corrupt, greedy, and evil. 343 often feels like its just bad at its job. They seem to have passion, but the inability to deliver.

Yea this is probably the last chance they get. I. Hoping Halo makes a return.