How many GB will the January TU be?

I ask because I also play BF3 and it has had several TU’s and each one has been massive. To date, BF3 takes up 20 GB of my hard drive and we still have one more DLC to go and possibly another TU to go with it.

I hate waiting for the long download and losing that space on my HD, but I love the fact that DICE is so involved with their community that they have these big TU’s. Hopefully 343 has large TU’s as well, to me a large TU says that they’re listening and are not too proud to admit that things need changing.

From what I remember, I believe the largest download that can be sent through Xbox Live is 4GB, and seeing as there is a large list of changes, some needed, some wanted for Halo 4, I don’t think its unreasonable to think that the TU would be close to that 4GB size.

Here’s to hoping we get a large TU. What do you think? Will it be a large, average or small update? Also, feel free to list the things you know are being added in the TU and we’ll see if we can get a guesstimate of how big, or small it will be.

Big enough to make you get a bigger internet package from your ISP.

> Big enough to make you get a bigger internet package from your ISP.

Nah, I’ll just let my Xbox download it overnight or something. The BF3 updates usually take me about 3-4 hours to download, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. I have very inconsistent internet speeds >:(

I’m assuming TU means Title Update? When is 343 updating Halo 4?

> I’m assuming TU means Title Update? When is 343 updating Halo 4?

Sometime in January, I belive.

This is why I have a USB memory stick JUST for my Battlefield 3 updates.

> I’m assuming TU means Title Update? When is 343 updating Halo 4?

Yeah, and like Hobos said, January sometime. It’s still unclear as to what all is being added, but for sure they are adding CSR (competitive skill rank), fixing fileshare and some other things. Other than that there has been no word on weapon rebalancing or fixing custom games options, or a truly classic playlist.

> This is why I have a USB memory stick JUST for my Battlefield 3 updates.

I have a 250GB HD, but I like to download games straight to my HD so I am down to 90 GB, so I may have to get a USB as well sometime soon.

Taking into consideration that they are only fixing bugs/balance/skill system(?) I am sure the update will be way under 1 GB. Only a ‘guestestimation’, however.

Just weapon rebalancing: 30mb-200mb

Weapon balancing/CSR rank/fix forge/custom games:
500mb-2gb

The Battlefield 3 major TUs contained expansion pack data, whether you purchased the expansions or not. This allowed, for example, non-purchasers to be in matches with expansion-pack purchasers on older maps, while purchasers were still able to use the newest weapons in their loadouts. If non-purchasers didn’t have all the data for the new weapon models and textures, they couldn’t be in matches with players who had paid to unlock access to the newer gear.

That said, the next Halo 4 TU is probably going to be much, much smaller. There is no purchasable “expansion” content that would prevent players from interacting if one had paid for and downloaded DLC and one didn’t. The worst-case, DLC-discrepancy scenario in Halo has always been that one player has maps that another doesn’t, under which conditions the game is simply played on an older map if they are matched.