How many did Spartan Ops solo?

I’ve just started doing Spartan Ops for the first time. Since I waited so long, I don’t have anybody to play with and have been running it solo. I’ve only done the first couple episodes and I find it to be a pretty terrible gametype to play solo. There isn’t any strategy, it is just having 20 enemies at a time thrown at you. A lot of back and forth in some of the maps and I swear I’ve been in each map twice.

Does Spartan Ops change much after the first couple episodes? I’ll play them regardless, but I wish they had a broader matchmaking for SO so the experience could be a little better.

I have and am completely caught up. They do start off slow and repeat boring maps,which are very boring compared to the newer ones. The cutscenes get better as well. I will never play the first few episodes cause they bored me to death after a while. The final cutscene is a big cliffhanger though

All 50 solo legendary.

The trick is to noob combo. The game is too damn random to play effectively and the AI is so stupid they increase enemy health, accuracy to extreme proportions just to make up for it.

I played it solo because the lag was so bad it was unplayable any other way

> All 50 solo legendary.
>
> The trick is to noob combo. The game is too damn random to play effectively and the AI is so stupid they increase enemy health, accuracy to extreme proportions just to make up for it.

Yeah that’s what I did too, the only problem is it gets kinda boring noob comboing every Elite, but it’s basically the only option :P.

and also this:

> I played it solo because the lag was so bad it was unplayable any other way

I’ve only attempted playing it more than Solo 5 or so times and it lagged really badly every time.

The first few episodes are kinda boring, but it starts picking up after that.

I played some episodes solo and some with friends, and it’s definitely more fun with friends! If you can find some friends to play with you, I think you would find it a lot more enjoyable!

I’ve played it solo on Legendary. Episodes 6-10 play fine if you go solo, 1-3 are probably the worst but 4 an 5 are still not great.

Okay thanks folks.

I’ve put it on Easy to try and blow through them fast, but it still takes 15 minutes per segment to get through the 100+ enemies they just throw at you.

> All 50 solo legendary.

Ditto. Noob combo and long distance sniping for the win.

The only episode I really enjoyed was the one where Infinity was being invaded (7 I think?), as that’s the only one where you’re involved in the main storyline. All the others are basically running sidequests.

completed every episode solo legendary.

I played through the entire season solo. The lag in matchmaking is often unbearable.

My only incentive for playing on Legendary used to be the Raider DST code. Now I only do Legendary if the level has something unique to offer (shortcuts, Lich, Bromethean, sword General, Scattershot Elites, tiny Covies).

The mission that comes closest to an authentic Halo mission is undoubtedly E7C1 Backup, since you’re not even forced to take down the shield barriers. Multiple paths ftw.

Oh, and yeah, I use the noob combo or fight from a distance. Before that, I was luring Elites to me for assassinations but due to the huge number of 'em, it got so repetitive I just quit trying to play seriously. I loved the Jetpack, but it’s so heavily nerfed and the enemies tend to rush so Camo is my #1 AA for Legendary playthrough.

All 50 Solo Legendary. I quite liked it, some missions/parts felt like campaign scenes which were cool (mainly Season 1.5). The first 5 episodes were pretty boring at times, you’d kill everything, then more would spawn in the same area etc. etc.

I played Solo to help improve commendations, I also found the co-op games usually suffered from lag, which is a real shame as it is a great idea - taking Crimson Team into battle!

> I’ve just started doing Spartan Ops for the first time. Since I waited so long, I don’t have anybody to play with and have been running it solo. I’ve only done the first couple episodes and I find it to be a pretty terrible gametype to play solo. There isn’t any strategy, it is just having 20 enemies at a time thrown at you. A lot of back and forth in some of the maps and I swear I’ve been in each map twice.
>
> Does Spartan Ops change much after the first couple episodes? I’ll play them regardless, but I wish they had a broader matchmaking for SO so the experience could be a little better.

Did much of it alone… Pretty damn boring.

Every episode was solo legendary :smiley:

Solo’d the lot.

Personally, I felt 6:1 was the best. Fighting your way out of the lockup WITHOUT YOUR LOADOUTS. It felt like something out of Halo CE or 2.

Brilliant!

> Solo’d the lot.
>
> Personally, I felt 6:1 was the best. Fighting your way out of the lockup WITHOUT YOUR LOADOUTS. It felt like something out of Halo CE or 2.
>
> Brilliant!

I felt the same way.
Then I also felt that SpOps was going to be good since you don’t have loadouts.

Oh and I did the 50 chapters solo