How long till we get Hardlight shield QQ?

Inb4 Armour lock comparison. But seriously it’s just like Armour lock minus the stunning effect. Just like Armour lock it’s under utilised and considered the “weakest” AA, but you can block all damage and move at the same time. Once people realise this i predict the QQ will be worse then anything Armour lock related.
except it will be worse because there will be a segment who will claim that since it’s only 1 direction it takes more skill then Armour Lock.

Mark my words. I bet the Mayans predicted this at some point.

The Railgun destroys its charge and the Hammer takes two hits to kill someone who is holding it up.

You also don’t regenerate health while using it, which means that you’ve actually got to have a plan when you use it. You’d better be backing off to cover and you’d better be lucky enough not to have them follow you around, because otherwise, you’re dead.

It’s useful for coordinated team play, and if you have great awareness. That thing can bounce tank shells back in people’s faces, but there’s plenty of a cost to make it less “set and forget” as armor lock was.

I complain about Hardlight shield all the time. It might be my biggest Halo 4 pet peeve. You cant say its not annoying when some idiot can run in the middle of the map and just back away to cover when he’s about to die.

I dont think they should do anything to the Hardlight shield, I just personally look down upon the ones who use it :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been using it a fair bit recently, literally the only problem with it is it’s slow time to activate and people throwing grenades behind you.
Other then that it’s like trolling in shield form.

I personally love the hardlight shield in BTB because if I,m sniping and people begin to shot at me then I can pull out the Hardlight shield and get behind something.

Favorited and Liked the original post.

Yes, this game could be quite a mess in one year.

Pretty easy to counter, throw a grenade under the shield and watch the fireworks.

Also, anyone see the people using it to try and deflect vehicles. Hilarious.

Hard light shield is nothing like armor lock. First if I have a sword and charge and ALer and he emp’s me I die. If I have a sword and charge a hard light shield guy I will win. I can throw grenades at the shielded guy and shot at his feet and get a kill while he’s using it. ALers were invincible while in AL. Last but not least, I can flank a shield guy if he’s using it against my teammate and kill him. An ALer could pop out in any direction and emp you and kill you.

The hard light shield isn’t game breaking and limited to how well it does. Yes, if you hit it with a tank shell or Guass hog shot it will deflect it. But if you hit anywhere else near them they will die. An ALer wouldn’t have which means AL is game breaking and the HLS isn’t.

The first time I used it I blocked 3 railgun shots and bounced the last one close enough to kill the user, so if it breaks through the shield then that has been in one of the weekly updates that I have missed. The hammer does take 2 hits, the first of which launches them into the air. It does not block splatters at all.

This AA is a lot different from AL.

Armor Lock
-invincibility
-emp blast
-360 3rd person view of surroundings
-Lunge out of AL
-Destroys vehichles

Hardlight Shield
-Blocks frontal attacks (except splatters)
-Walk while active

For all of you who are complaining that it is cheap for them to activate and run for cover when attacking from a distance, stop shooting at them from a distance. Get up close and personal and run around the HLS, or and this would be more effective, organize with your team to catch them in a cross fire so that if you dont get them your team will.

HLS is great for objective games and covering retreating team mates. (Let me guess complainers, retreating is cheap too :P) This game is about team work and the HLS is great for it.

If you care you can visit my own thread on the topic of the HLS.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst164629_Hardlight-shield-unnecessarily-nerfed.aspx

> You cant say its not annoying when some idiot can run in the middle of the map and just back away to cover when he’s about to die.

No it’s not annoying cauz people doing this all the time since Halo Reach brought sprint to the game.

> Just like Armour lock it’s under utilised and considered the “weakest” AA

What?

1. it only protects you from 1 side. AL blocks from all.

2. HLS doesn’t protect you from weapons that explode. You will be killed from splash damage. AL protects from all.

3. Pulling a HLS to block a splatter won’t work. Youll still die. AL blew up vehicles that tried to splatter.

4. Your shields don’t recharge with HLS out. you could regen shields and health in AL.

They are similar in one aspect that the both can block some damage but thats all. The only complaints HLS will ever get is that its not “helpful enough” and like thruster pack thats only because people don’t know how to use it properly.

> For all of you who are complaining that it is cheap for them to activate and run for cover when attacking from a distance, stop shooting at them from a distance. Get up close and personal and run around the HLS, or and this would be more effective, organize with your team to catch them in a cross fire so that if you dont get them your team will.

Why should I have to be up close to get all of my kills? HLS pretty much guarantees you wont die from long range. I think thats kind of silly. It encourages players to do irrational things on large maps knowing they wont die unless someone is nearby. You dont get penalized for blindly running through the middle of a map no matter how well the other team is holding the map down, as long as your back is to your spawn and you have pocket cover.

Waste of a utility, imo. Youre still vulnerable to 270/360 degrees, or 75% of body/head shots, not to mention grenades. Yes, it CAN be useful, but I find myself at least, getting way more use outta way more.

It’s annoying but still doesn’t shake a stick at armor lock.

I guess people will start complaining when it actually becomes a problem. I don’t see that happening.