How long should/will Halo 5 be in hours?

So far, every Halo game could be beaten in 8–10 hours (at a leisure). Halo: CE had the most vast levels, so they took the longest. Halo 2—while having the most levels—were all fairly short. How long do you think Halo 5 will be? They already confirmed it to be the biggest Halo game in terms of scale, so I’m looking forward to at least 15 hours or more.

> 2533274895603860;1:
> So far, every Halo game could be beaten in 8–10 hours (at a leisure). Halo: CE had the most vast levels, so they took the longest. Halo 2—while having the most levels—were all fairly short. How long do you think Halo 5 will be? They already confirmed it to be the biggest Halo game in terms of scale, so I’m looking forward to at least 15 hours or more.

I beat Halo 4 in 6 hours. I want my games to be longer than 10 hours at least, 40 hours at most.

Not sure about the hours but I’m hoping at least 10-12 missions excluding the prologue and epilogue

It should be as long as it takes to tell the story they want to tell, no more no less. I don’t want to be dissatisfied because it’s too short with a rushed ending, but I also don’t want it to drag on and become tedious with a lot of filler segments just for the sake of being long.

I hope it will last for the rest of my life… Seriously though it’ll probably like 6-8 hours, slightly longer than the other games.

> 2533274801802416;2:
> > 2533274895603860;1:
> > So far, every Halo game could be beaten in 8–10 hours (at a leisure). Halo: CE had the most vast levels, so they took the longest. Halo 2—while having the most levels—were all fairly short. How long do you think Halo 5 will be? They already confirmed it to be the biggest Halo game in terms of scale, so I’m looking forward to at least 15 hours or more.
>
>
> I beat Halo 4 in 6 hours. I want my games to be longer than 10 hours at least, 40 hours at most.

Then play RPGS. you arent gonna get that from an FPS. Or play it on Legendary. Or LASO

Campaign on Legendary should last 10-15 hours. Multiplayer should last forever.

I couldn’t tell you how long it’s taken me to beat a Halo game start to finish. Because I don’t care. Just give me a campaign with an engaging story, some epic moments, memorable combat situations, and some diverse environments, and I’ll be happy.

I’m hoping for a long, varied experience to live up to their hype. A unique 8 or 10 hour experience beats a monotonous 40 hour one, but anything sub 10 would be on par with the previous titles, and anything less than 6 would be a shame (I definitely don’t want to play less than I see in cutscenes, as some franchises are known to be). Then again, this is Halo, and the immersion and story telling are not the same as some fantasy RPG or superhero action game (Skyrim and the Arkham series are great for what what they do, though!).

I don’t want a big, mostly empty sandbox, like what many have said will be the key factor of the campaign. Yet at the same time, I don’t want repetitive corridor sections that padded most of the games, and led to CE being a reskin and rewind of the other half of the game.

I also would prefer none of the campaign content to be MP maps, or vice versa. They are meant to be different experiences for a reason. This is all my opinion, though, as a longtime Halo player and fan.

I hope for something with the length of Alien Isolation or Wolfenstien the new order (my two favourite games from 2014) so ruffly 15 hours. Both those games had an amazing story that I think was almost perfectly executed pacing wise. I’m sure Halo 5 will deliver.

legendary should take about 12-15 hours

Around 10 hours on heroic would be optimal, but 10 hours for legendary isn’t bad.

I would love to see a campaign of 15-20 hours on standard difficulty. Tons of story and opportunities to expand upon. if the Covenant if truly falling apart, give it the grand and desperate fights and sights/sounds and missions it truly deserves. If a group of at least 8 species is fragmenting and they were religious zealots, the carnage alone should be epic, so a long campaign should be the norm. Crossing my fingers!

I’m hoping for anywhere between 15-30 hours on legendary. Realistically, it will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15.

I would like a solid 8 hours, i would rather have 10 really well done levels without filler segments and a great story.

I really liked halo 4s campaign and besides the mammoth mission everything felt about right. It was lacking in some areas but had some great momments.

Pacing wise i felt that 3 did best OVERALL, but none of the levels were outstanding. Each level had 1 or 2 really fun epic moments but the whole level would have some boring momments.

While CE had some fantastic levels and a lot the best in the series but the library killed the pacing as well as the re-using of some levels.

On the other hand halo 2 had quick fun varied levels, but everything after regret was not as fun as previous levels and some were too short or just boring.

Between them all i cant pick a favorite but as long as it captures the spirit of the four we are in good hands.

20 at least, hopefully 30. Much more story, dialog options like RPG’s, and so on. NO kill 3 kill chickens quest. Just quests that has an impact on the story.

Halo’s campaign as always been the most boring campaign ever.

I loved witcher 3, I loved Dragon age 1, and I just love fable. Skryim is quite boring like Halo, they are nice looking, but boring as hell.

> 2533274809432820;16:
> 20 at least, hopefully 30. It’s time they get bigger.

30? That would be a TON of filler levels, its not a rpg.

And saying that halo is boring is a matter of opinion, but quests is honestly a yoink idea. Maybe a odst 2 thats a rpg fps, but main halo games should be a story never an rpg with quests. Destiny is proof of that.

I just hope that it’s long enough so that when you complete the Campaign, you will truly feel like you completed something great.

> 2533274809432820;16:
> 20 at least, hopefully 30. Much more story, dialog options like RPG’s, and so on. NO kill 3 kill chickens quest. Just quests that has an impact on the story.
>
> Halo’s campaign as always been the most boring campaign ever.
>
> I loved witcher 3, I loved Dragon age 1, and I just love fable. Skryim is quite boring like Halo, they are nice looking, but boring as hell.

So… you want Halo to be an RPG?

Quests and dialog options don’t work with Halo’s storytelling.

Legendary 10+ hours.