How long should the campaign be?

I just wanted to throw out how long people think a campaign should take to complete?

The thing is, its hard to tell because Halo 5 is a lot, lot easier than 4 with the revive. I’d almost be curious about how much time would be added to your playthrough if you removed the squad revive and your squad in general (they do actually kill and at least distract enemies). Definitely the easiest game to complete on legendary.

I’d probably say that, on normal/heroic it should take about 10-15 hours, simply put, each mission should be an hour long; not 20-30 minutes. I think that’s vaguely how long it took me to complete Halo 2, 3 and even 4 to a lesser extent. CE it isn’t fair to make a comparison. :smiley: Even on easy that game took time. :smiley: I mean that would include things like cinematic’s and scripted events; because they are part of the campaign. In fact there weren’t even really that many of them, compared to something like Wolfenstein and for a game with so many characters.

I am curious if the campaign changes will make the game more challenging. Frankly most of what I read was stating that they were making everything easier by nerfing weapons, bamphing (you know soldiers do need to be able to dodge fire! :D) and the Warden. I mean the Warden is a difficulty curve, but thats only because normal fighting is so incredibly easy by comparison to previous games. A CC monster who stops you reviving is really just a boosted hunter but hes considered death only in the context of an incredibly easy game that wraps you in cotton wool with reviving. Frankly I appreciated the challenge and having to think about beating the guy; instead of just battle rifling hapless soldiers who just stand there as I cap them…

Quality > quantity any day.

I’d rather play a 4 hour quality campaign than 10 hour boring one.

> 2533274803587475;1:
> Definitely the easiest game to complete on legendary.

Uuh, no. Halo 5 is one of the most difficult on legendary.

Also, I want Halo 2 length as it was both the longest and my favorite of the series.

> 2533274871814973;3:
> > 2533274803587475;1:
> > Definitely the easiest game to complete on legendary.
>
>
> Uuh, no. Halo 5 is one of the most difficult on legendary.
>
> Also, I want Halo 2 length as it was both the longest and my favorite of the series.

You sir definitely don’t played h2
H5 as the most difficult game hahahaha hope you are kidding

Halo 2 is bloody difficult even with the scarab laser skull those damn jackal snipers are so op

It depends on the game, FPS games tend to be shorter, not sure how long Halo 5 is. I’m happy if a game is well made and keeps you playing by having challenges or secrets to find etc etc.

As long as the Witcher story… (I’ve had it since Christmas and I’ve only competed 10%… ) give me a halo like that… I’ll take three years to finish it and by the time I’m done the next one will be out.

If I can finish a game in an 10 hour span, then it’s too short. I would like at least a 30 hour. Don’t want to finish a game in one weekend.

> 2533274935969975;7:
> As long as the Witcher story… (I’ve had it since Christmas and I’ve only competed 10%… ) give me a halo like that… I’ll take three years to finish it and by the time I’m done the next one will be out.

I would like that too. The Witcher 3 DLC dropping at the end of May adds another 25 to 30 hours on top of the main game. I would be very happy to play a Halo RPG with that much content, bring it on I say.

I would say H2 and H5 were the hardest on legendary, but H2 was much more enjoyable. I haven’t went back in H5 campaign after my first play through.

For a FPS, i’d say 6-8 hours is standard.

10-15 hours with a “good” campaign would be ideal.

> 2533274860062662;11:
> For a FPS, i’d say 6-8 hours is standard.

> 2533274798310573;12:
> 10-15 hours with a “good” campaign would be ideal.

It depends on difficulty.

> 2535464169630092;2:
> Quality > quantity any day.
>
> I’d rather play a 4 hour quality campaign than 10 hour boring one.

Too bad Halo 5 is both. Short and boring

Seriously, I havent been this underwhelmed with a halo campaign since 3.

> 2533274935669733;4:
> > 2533274871814973;3:
> > > 2533274803587475;1:
> > > Definitely the easiest game to complete on legendary.
> >
> >
> > Uuh, no. Halo 5 is one of the most difficult on legendary.
> >
> > Also, I want Halo 2 length as it was both the longest and my favorite of the series.
>
>
> You sir definitely don’t played h2
> H5 as the most difficult game hahahaha hope you are kidding

Halo 2 is by far the most difficult for sure. That is why I said “one of”.

> 2533274799135257;14:
> > 2535464169630092;2:
> > Quality > quantity any day.
> >
> > I’d rather play a 4 hour quality campaign than 10 hour boring one.
>
>
> Too bad Halo 5 is both. Short and boring
>
> Seriously, I havent been this underwhelmed with a halo campaign since 3.

Yeah they really dropped the ball with the campaign lol

Strangely I found halo 2 to be the easiest on legendary.

Campaign length isn’t massively important, iv played games that are 4 hours long that are better than other games at 16 hours long. It’s all about quality