How long is Halo 4 campaign?

Has there been any word or news on this?

Reason I ask is wonder if its 30 hours long is it really like 10-15 hours then.

99% of the Halo level design by Bungie was this formula: go thru level, make it to end of level, then some dumb excuse makes you go back all the waaaay thru the level to start . . . again!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I went back and replayed Halo 1-3 and this was way too common. Make it to end of level and Cortana be like: “Chief! Chief! I have to poop! Flip that switch and go all the way back to start. Chief! Hurry! Interstellar Taco Bell can really work on a woman!”

Honestly have to say, replaying the original 3 games left me losing lot of respect for Bungie creativity. Asked myself many times, how did I not see this all those years I played Halo.

I hope that Halo 4’s campaign is a little more then: “Space marine in cool green armor kills aliens” as well. I don’t know exactly how much longer it’s going to be, but thankfully 343 is making it longer and gasp giving the Master Cheif a personality!

many developers have done that. They just get lazy and think up some excuse in the story to recycle

The problem you’re speaking of was most apparent in Halo CE. The levels in that game were so repetitive! That was in the early stages of console gaming, though, so I don’t expect 343i to fall into the same trap. I would hope they know well enough to create some good, progressive levels that aren’t the same thing over and over.

I didn’t feel like Halo 2 was a huge culprit in this, but certainly Halo 1 and 3. But I doubt Halo 4 will do that. I have too much faith.

> The problem you’re speaking of was most apparent in Halo CE. The levels in that game were so repetitive! That was in the early stages of console gaming, though, so I don’t expect 343i to fall into the same trap. I would hope they know well enough to create some good, progressive levels that aren’t the same thing over and over.

I’m hoping too.

Just anything more then the “Cheif I have to poop levels.”

Agree about being early in console cycle. But there was no multiplayer for Halo back then like it is today. You had to move all kinds of crap for LAN parties. So when think about it, truly amazing Halo made it this far.

LAM party? Whats a LAM party says the age group of Pokemon masters.

Well, a LAN, not a LAM party was something we did back a long time ago when people had to buy cables, move consoles, actually go to someone else’s house AND off our couches, and hook them up to other console and other TVs to play a game with friends. Yes. Very ancient. Even more ancient then the evil Master Chief fights in Halo 4.

But thats the way things were back then.

And there was even times when we had to walk thru 10 feet of snow to get those LAM parties. Long, long time ago, I know.

I’m hoping for at least 10-12 hours on Normal difficulty and increasing from there

every single halo game has had a mission played twice

Halo1: Assault on the control room - Two Betrayals

Halo2: High Charity - Gravemind

Halo3: The Storm - Floodgate

Halo:Reach Oni - The Package

i know what you mean its kinda annoying, But i still love the Halo campaign and is the main reason i want Halo 4.

they have been working on this game 3 years it needs to be a good long campaign like Halo2

> every single halo game has had a mission played twice
>
> Halo1: Assault on the control room - Two Betrayals
>
> Halo2: High Charity - Gravemind
>
> Halo3: The Storm - Floodgate
>
> Halo:Reach Oni - The Package
>
> i know what you mean its kinda annoying, But i still love the Halo campaign and is the main reason i want Halo 4.
>
> they have been working on this game 3 years it needs to be a good long campaign like Halo2

you forgot halo 3 ODST and halo wars

>
>
> Halo2: High Charity - Gravemind
>
>
>
> i know what you mean its kinda annoying, But i still love the Halo campaign and is the main reason i want Halo 4.
>
> they have been working on this game 3 years it needs to be a good long campaign like Halo2

High Charity was actually very different from Gravemind… it was a continuation level, not a backtracking level. -_-

This thread made me lol hard.

But I disagree. I liked the Halo Campaign and I enjoyed it mostly because of the story. I like going trough the levels and beating them, but I always played because of the amazing story.

I hate having to backtrack levels. It’s annoying. I prefer new stages in every level. Not just the last one with Flood bits all over.

Return trips weren’t the only issue. There were also continuation levels, which didn’t leave much room for distinct environments.

CE changed environments but maintained canon consistency (it was believable that Chief could end up in the next environment).

T&R: desert
SC: tropical island
AotCR: snow
343 GS: swamp

H2 didn’t, due to time constraints. IIRC, OS and Metropolis were supposed to be 1 mission, as well as the other linked levels (The Arbiter and Oracle, Delta Halo and Regret, Sacred Icon and Quarantine Zone) up to Gravemind’s introduction.

H3, well, it prioritized consistency so much that it ended up dedicated half of the campaign for the battle of Earth. Really lame. I like going around places. It certainly didn’t feel like an invasion like in the H2 E3 trailer, with those drop pods all over Mombassa. Felt more like military occupation.

Reach eliminated weapon carry overs and there wasn’t much consistency in plot. Nonetheless, the environments were distinct.

>
>
> Halo2: Great Journey
>
>
>
>

Fixed. H2 doesn’t have one but the level Great Journey managed to maintain this terrible pattern of return trips.

Lol yea I’ve recently played through combat evolved and its got me going through the same 4 or 5 level designs

Halo 4 is suppose to have the longest campaign of any of the previous Halo games. Plus just from clips the levels look pretty linear. I would at least hope on the lentgh considering its coming with two disk

Someone needs to replay Halo 2, 3, ODST, and Reach. While Halo 3 had a few repetitive moments, with the other 3, each level was a new environments, completely different from levels before.

> Someone needs to replay Halo 2, 3, ODST, and Reach. While Halo 3 had a few repetitive moments, with the other 3, each level was a new environments, completely different from levels before.

Exactly, and repetitive.

It had variety; from large scale vehicle combat to close quarters combat inside a forerunner structure.

And OP, I’d appreciate if you spelt ‘through’ correctly.

> Halo 4 is suppose to have the longest campaign of any of the previous Halo games. Plus just from clips the levels look pretty linear. I would at least hope on the lentgh considering its coming with two disk

Oh its a 2 disc campaign? Nice!

What they have shown I have no idea at all. lol I’m going in “dark” for Halo 4. Honestly most games anymore I try to avoid any and all videos and such. This way the entire game is a surprise and has me enjoy it just that much more.

Less I see and know about a plot the better. Most I know about Halo 4 campaign is that there is something you have to fight and that its 2 discs.

Campaign I am very excited for. Muliplayer I am worried about at this point. If it feels cheap with cheap kills and deaths I’m done with Halo multiplayer forever.

Reach really left a sour taste in my mouth way it played and the gameplay mechanics of it.

> > Halo 4 is suppose to have the longest campaign of any of the previous Halo games. Plus just from clips the levels look pretty linear. I would at least hope on the lentgh considering its coming with two disk
>
> Oh its a 2 disc campaign? Nice!

The Campaign isn’t 2 discs, the whole game is. The Campaign is restricted to one disc.

> > > Halo 4 is suppose to have the longest campaign of any of the previous Halo games. Plus just from clips the levels look pretty linear. I would at least hope on the lentgh considering its coming with two disk
> >
> > Oh its a 2 disc campaign? Nice!
>
> The Campaign isn’t 2 discs, the whole game is. The Campaign is restricted to one disc.

There’s been confirmation by 343i of this?