How long is a temporary ban on Halo Reach?

A player accused my son of playing with a modded controller and reported him. Now he is temporarily banned from earning xp. He was working really hard to catch up to a friend of his. He’s not using a modded controller and he’s not hacking. He’s just really good. It stinks that someone can do that. The other guy should be reported for the nasty message he sent my kid when he reported him. Essential question though - how long is my poor kid banned from earning xp on halo reach?

Xbox LIVE reports aren’t linked to Halo: Reach game bans.

The length of a temporary ban depends on how many offences you’ve had in the past. If it’s a first offence, it’ll be gone within 24-48 hours.

So is there any actual live support that I can call and talk to or someone I can chat with who works in customer service for Halo Reach about this?

> So is there any actual live support that I can call and talk to or someone I can chat with who works in customer service for Halo Reach about this?

This is it pretty much, there is no dedicated customer support team for Halo.

Okay, thanks for the responses.

> A player accused my son of playing with a modded controller and reported him. Now he is temporarily banned from earning xp. He was working really hard to catch up to a friend of his. He’s not using a modded controller and he’s not hacking. He’s just really good. It stinks that someone can do that. The other guy should be reported for the nasty message he sent my kid when he reported him. Essential question though - how long is my poor kid banned from earning xp on halo reach?

Well, your son can report the messages via the person’s profile page if he feels they are unnecessary. Those will be reviewed by Xbox Live Enforcement.

Also, for what it’s worth, it’s pretty likely your son was NOT banned for “being good” or anything like that. That’s not why people usually get temporary bans from XBL. Especially as game bans are different from XBL bans.

yeah i am just wandering how long am i banned from earning cr im new on xbl and didnt know the rules

As above, it will be 24 to 48 hours. There should be more information in the ban thread pinned at the top of this forum.